Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Elleriel

Japanese cruisers

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
26 posts
2,973 battles

Hello everyone,

I have a big problem, I reached tiers 8 on japanese cruisers and it's just impossible to play :

1/ I'm nearly always lowest tiers.

2/ Japanese cruisers have a really short shooting range (15,7 km) and nothing to protect them (like smoke or something else).

So or I keep out of detection of ennemy ships or I come in shooting range and can be really quickly destroyed. 

Can you give me some advices how to play them ? 

Thank you.

[CATS]
Players
15,913 posts
11,172 battles
  • use your stealth to chose fights you can win
  • use islands to get cover from the most dangerous enemies
  • fight at range
  • Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles

Mogami is indeed a bit of a floating citadel - but one with some very strong redeeming qualities.

• You have a crapton of firepower. For best results, take the 155mm guns, skill IFHE and laugh maniacally at 8-10k HE salvoes.
  • You have a pretty mean torpedo loadout which can be really useful in the right situations (but dont try to force it - the launch angles are very poor... use mostly when kiting)
  • You have amazing stealth. Spec Concealment (captain and module), sneak around, only fire when the opportunity is right (i.e. you either think you wont get spotted, or the enemies are already occupied).

Not one of the easier ships out there, but immensely rewarding when done right!

• Cool 5

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
13 minutes ago, Elleriel said:

So or I keep out of detection of ennemy ships or I come in shooting range and can be really quickly destroyed. 

Erm, these are not mutually exclusive, what level is your commander?

[WONLY]
Players
204 posts
10,458 battles
9 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Ibuki and Zao is totally Worth the grind, hang in there :-) 

ibuki feels like a downgrade after 155 mogami. zao is worth it tho

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles

@Tyrendian89 gave some really good advice.

Id like to add a couple of things.

- You need to know the maps. Especially the positions, where you can park your ship and shoot from cover. Islands are your friends. Check some replays on Youtube, you will get good ideas, where to position yourself.

- Kiting works good in japanese cruisers. If you dont know what that is: You run away, stern towards the enemy, slightly angled, close to your maximum range (So ~15km) and make sure, there is no other enemy, that is able to shoot your broadside. This works very good later in a round, where there are not so many enemys left. If you are focused too heavy, and you are loosing a lot of health - stop shooting. If there is no DD trailing you, you will go stealth. BBs will get frustrated, turn their guns on another target or change their course. Thats when you start shooting again.

- When kiting, make sure to use your torps. They are strong and have good angles for that. Remember: if a ship follows you, you can easily lauch torps over their maximum range. When I play Takao like this, I hammer them from 13 km, no problem. BBs following your have the tendency to never change course. Especially, when I dont change mine. Which I dont in those situations :)

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
4 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

Zao meh, WG pls buff, the legendary module is a step in good direction :P

Blasphemy! Burn the heretic! :cap_viking::fish_viking::cap_viking:

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,232 posts
3,385 battles

Japanese cruisers are pretty guud ships overall, except for the Ibuki, we don't talk about that pig.

Sign in to follow this