You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rimmer_the

Cheating encouraged in WOWS

63 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts

WG WOWS team does not take a single measure against proven cheaters. Other game companies are able to ban some cheaters, bot WG WOWS team not one. Why is that ? Really disencourages from playing Random/Ranked. So much effort put into a unwanted  Game Center and barely watched Aleena videos about what flag is the most used, or mediocre music videos  None in diminishing one of the actual biggest problems in the game:cheating. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,446 posts
6,537 battles

19789999.jpg

I haven't met any cheaters in my....what... 3? years of wows experience

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,856 posts
6,926 battles

Oh look, another one :fish_palm:

4 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

WG WOWS team does not take a single measure against proven cheaters.

Clearly you haven't proven anything then. "I say he is a cheater!" doesn't prove anything. Neither does "I'm so incompetent I have no idea how he outplayed me, so I'll just call that a cheat"

5 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

Other game companies are able to ban some cheaters

WG does that too

6 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

Really disencourages from playing Random/Ranked.

Good. Go off to Co-Op, stop annoying PvP players with your incompetence

• Cool 1

Players
853 posts
8,524 battles

That name tho! 

*edit 

Edited by Rvirgo
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Funny 9

[PUPSI]
Players
6,607 posts
Vor 10 Minuten, rimmer_the sagte:

WG WOWS team does not take a single measure against proven cheaters

that's why there are numerous postings/threads of players that complain there were banned without reason...

But I guess with

Vor 12 Minuten, rimmer_the sagte:

proven cheaters.

you mean that you were sunk by players and you do not how they did it because you are lacking knowledge of basic game mechanics...

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
664 posts
9,743 battles

Oh, how wrong is OP.  WG bans cheaters, spammers and bots. All you need is short description and replay attached. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,718 posts
9,928 battles

Define "proven cheaters".

Because I'm fairly certain that if WG can prove someone cheats, they do in fact end up banned (we've had our share of forum dramaqueens getting banned). If you think there are any other cheaters out there that you can prove, by all means give WG a list with names and conclusive evidence.

Maybe share your experience on how to spot a cheater and prove it so we can help the cause too!

Players
1,562 posts
13,461 battles

I get told im a cheater almost every day in chat. Does that make me a proven cheater then? :Smile_amazed:

Also @OP do you have a replay of the game with the "cheater" ? 

• Funny 1

[CU]
Players
312 posts
3,469 battles

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, funny stuff. Where's my popcorn?!?

I would ask you to show us where the nasty DD/CL/CA/BB/CV touched you, but I think your name might be a clue.

[CATS]
Players
15,971 posts
11,212 battles
58 minutes ago, rimmer_the said:

WG WOWS team does not take a single measure against proven cheaters. Other game companies are able to ban some cheaters, bot WG WOWS team not one. Why is that ? Really disencourages from playing Random/Ranked. So much effort put into a unwanted  Game Center and barely watched Aleena videos about what flag is the most used, or mediocre music videos  None in diminishing one of the actual biggest problems in the game:cheating. 

Who is cheating and how you know it?

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles
1 hour ago, rimmer_the said:

Assuming this is not a low-effort attempt at trolling:

Show us -or even better - WG your evidence then. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your arse, like pretty much every other pleb who started a 'cheat's 'n haxxor' thread over the past years.

You might wanna face the reality here: you have no idea how the game works, don't know that all important calculations are done serverside which renders all available cheats basically cosmetic in nature.

If you can't be arsed to learn, i suggest you play Coop. Forever.

54 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh look, another one :fish_palm:

Clearly you haven't proven anything then. "I say he is a cheater!" doesn't prove anything. Neither does "I'm so incompetent I have no idea how he outplayed me, so I'll just call that a cheat"

WG does that too

Good. Go off to Co-Op, stop annoying PvP players with your incompetence

They never have evidence.

It's the same old "everyone who's worse than me is a noob, everyone better a cheater".

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,669 posts
Just now, Jethro_Grey said:

Assuming this is not a low-effort attempt at trolling:

Show us Wargaming your evidence then.

Fixed that for you. We do not those bad advertisment videos for the tenthousendth time or any kind of name and shame.

• Cool 1

[T_I_W]
Players
159 posts
9,860 battles

i do believe there are aimhackers around, they are very rare though barely a handful i think i seen in many thousands of games...

mostly its just people who are annoyingly good at predicting what you are doing but occasionally you see some 30% winrate potato landing every salvo a devastating strike and find his normal accuracy with main guns is 10% but this game.. for 20 minutes.. he is God... the almighty Kraken of RNGesus....

What they really need to start banning for? Deliberately taking actions which have serious negative impact on their team...

[WTFNO]
Players
264 posts
5,079 battles
4 minutes ago, Ilya_Wolf said:

i do believe there are aimhackers around, they are very rare though barely a handful i think i seen in many thousands of games...

mostly its just people who are annoyingly good at predicting what you are doing but occasionally you see some 30% winrate potato landing every salvo a devastating strike and find his normal accuracy with main guns is 10% but this game.. for 20 minutes.. he is God... the almighty Kraken of RNGesus....

Seems unlikely, even without going into the technical details.

With such an advantage your cheating potato would see their WR climb very fast.

Most likely streaks of good luck, mixed with some cognitive bias.

Beta Tester
4,497 posts
9,808 battles
6 minutes ago, Ilya_Wolf said:

What they really need to start banning for? Deliberately taking actions which have serious negative impact on their team...

Someone having a lucky streak does not make them a cheater. Nor do you provide any evidence for those you think are cheating.

Not that I think you've ever seen the example you make. Nor would it make sense, why would he be that potato if he could just switch on a cheat to make every salvo as a devastating strike.

• Cool 1

[T_I_W]
Players
159 posts
9,860 battles

i retract my previous statements, just noticed the WHITE KNIGHTS

probably shouldnt mention all the problems with that particular *ahem* assist.. modification right

[WTFNO]
Players
264 posts
5,079 battles

Well, I can think of some *possible* explanations:

- your potato lent their account to a much better player :D

- it's actually a very good player who likes to throw most of the games to keep an artificially low WR, for that extra salty flavor of sealclubbing :D

(don't laugh, a friend of mine does this for online chess)

• Funny 1

[T_I_W]
Players
159 posts
9,860 battles
2 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Well, I can think of some *possible* explanations:

yes lets start to think of really unlikely circumstances to explain something to prevent anyone criticizing our beloved game!!

where is your EVIDENCE that these are even possible explanations eh??

[TTT]
Players
4,118 posts
7,848 battles
9 minutes ago, Ilya_Wolf said:

yes lets start to think of really unlikely circumstances to explain something to prevent anyone criticizing our beloved game!!

where is your EVIDENCE that these are even possible explanations eh??

more than you have for your wild theories...

[T_I_W]
Players
159 posts
9,860 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

more than you have for your wild theories...

gimme gimme, where is this evidence? apparently its a REQUIREMENT

dont just mention you have it.. sharing is caring

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles
1 hour ago, rimmer_the said:

You account is on private and you have two forum posts, tells me everything I need to know :Smile_hiding:

It's not cheating, you're just bad at the game, maybe put in the effort to learn and get better, and you'll find you will enjoy the game more

[T_I_W]
Players
159 posts
9,860 battles

btw just to point out in my post i said "i believe" and "i think" therefore i was giving my opinion from my perspective, not spewing facts like "there is no cheats in wows" like you silly white knights

so come on, where is this EVIDENCE

i dont feel i need to provide any since i was not claiming to have facts

but you guys.. you need to step up and present it