You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Lost My Unique Upgrade

52 comments in this topic

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,152 posts
17,784 battles
3 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Not really a loss since it's clearly a downgrade. :Smile-_tongue: but yeah still sucks.

Indeed, the best thing to do with the Yueyang module is to sell it. What you did. So relax. You did well.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,103 posts
31,484 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I really dont see how you expect any kind of sympathy for that kind of gross incompetence... why would Wargaming need to mention "oh by the way, these work like any other module in the game"?

Who said i need your :etc_swear: sympathy? I'm pointing out an issue I faced, That's all!

• Boring 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles

Still, can't WG make demounting Unique Legendary Hard Earned Upgrades free of charge, so they can't be lost (even accidentally)? @MrConway

• Cool 4

[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,908 posts
7,400 battles

To be fair, you should be able to rebuy LMs after unlocking them. But not paying a little more attention to not lose your progress on when youre not sure how these mechanics work would save you all this trouble. You have little to complain about.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,103 posts
31,484 battles
15 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Still, can't WG make demounting Unique Legendary Hard Earned Upgrades free of charge, so they can't be lost (even accidentally)? @MrConway

That what they should've done. What's the point now to even continue grinding the other modules if they aren't permanent?

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
Just now, ABED1984 said:

That what they should've done. What's the point now to even continue grinding the other modules if they aren't permanent?

Everyone knows it cost doubloons to demount a upgrade...... You lost it because you've cheap. Own fault I would say...

[POP]
Weekend Tester
617 posts
5 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

why would Wargaming need to mention "oh by the way, these work like any other module in the game"?

Except that they're nothing like any other upgrade in the game since they can't be bought back with a few silver coins or at least with a bit of coal.

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 hour ago, AndyHill said:

Except that they're nothing like any other upgrade in the game since they can't be bought back with a few silver coins or at least with a bit of coal.

What, you were expecting WG to have the foresight to clear a few things about the "special" upgrades?

Well yes they should, but WG does not learn, its the one thing I did learn here.

• Cool 4

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

I suggest a new resourse that only can be found raking through the Ashes of despair, 1 unit of extra salted tears will buy you 1 get out of jail freecard that you can use to redeem any stupid desicion within the next 5 minutes ...

• Funny 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,486 battles
6 hours ago, EdiJo said:

Still, can't WG make demounting Unique Legendary Hard Earned Upgrades free of charge, so they can't be lost (even accidentally)?

Or like when you are dismissing a captain - a five minute window, so that you can un-do your mistake.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,733 posts
7,686 battles
8 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

Who said i need your :etc_swear: sympathy? I'm pointing out an issue I faced, That's all!

More pity by now.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,281 posts
9,515 battles

In my opinion unmounting those legendary upgrades should be free. You can't even put them on a different ship.

• Cool 3

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
16 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Otoh, if you've managed to get them, you probably have a few doubloons from just playing the game.

OP already stated its too expensive for its tastes.

Prefers the 600something free exp conversion :cap_hmm:

[SWTP]
Players
583 posts
7,382 battles

Regardless of OP attitude this upgrades after grinding them should be purchasable fot double the amount of credits one gets when selling it by mistake or whatever reason. 

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
On 8/4/2018 at 5:51 PM, EdiJo said:

We would like to do this, but currently there is no option to add a special status like this to a module - that's a feature that needs to be developed.

We're looking into whether and when we can add this for the legendary modules.

If you really screwed up and sold yours, customer support will exceptionally restore one of these modules once for you until we have a system in place.

• Cool 11

[BYOB]
Players
3,473 posts
12,413 battles
6 minutes ago, MrConway said:

If you really screwed up and sold yours, customer support will exceptionally restore one of these modules once for you until we have a system in place.

Sounds good. Would it be possible to make a global announcement warning about the fact that the legendary upgrades can be sold and customer support will perform a restore only once per account?

[OCTO]
Players
879 posts
16,576 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

We would like to do this, but currently there is no option to add a special status like this to a module - that's a feature that needs to be developed.

Give credit where credit is due. :Smile_honoring:

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,103 posts
31,484 battles
15 hours ago, MrConway said:

Will give the customer support a try then.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
16 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Sounds good. Would it be possible to make a global announcement warning about the fact that the legendary upgrades can be sold and customer support will perform a restore only once per account?

If I may be brutally honest, most of the players likely to accidentally do this are probably the ones that wouldn't read the announcement anyway :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
2,464 posts
9,594 battles
3 minutes ago, MrConway said:

If I may be brutally honest, most of the players likely to accidentally do this are probably the ones that wouldn't read the announcement anyway :)

Probably.

They are not even reading "do you want to sell this upgrade" before they press "YES!"... :fish_palm:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,193 posts
2,417 battles
On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎04 at 1:40 PM, ABED1984 said:

I guess the whole unique upgrade thing is a waste of time for me and will not bother continuing that grind cuz I see it ridiculous to pay real money to be able to have that demount option especially after spending time for that upgrade, :etc_swear: you WG!!!

Wargaming runs a business and needs money to pay their staff, so that their staff can keep the game we all enjoy up and running. With this in mind, I see no problem with tying a few game functions to the spending of a reasonable amount of doubloons, and thereby to the spending of a reasonable amount of real money. This, to my mind, is fair and balanced.

Accidentally losing out on time spent in grinding a legendary upgrade sucks, though. So I was happy to read, in Mr Conway's post #42 above, that you have one (1) opportunity to get that upgrade restored. Again, this is fair and balanced.

Good luck in your future endeavours, OP!

Beta Tester
237 posts
15,452 battles
17 hours ago, MrConway said:

Hi, McConway. I think it is better to 'unlock the unique update on ship update list' than 'reward the update itself directly'.