Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wingoka

Blue Line Railing

16 comments in this topic

[HAWKS]
[HAWKS]
Players
16 posts
11,899 battles

Hey 

I dont know where i should put this suggestion other than here. 

It is time that WOW adresses a game spoiler conduct from certain players. The players in question use Border's to turn and slide on to be hard to hit while killing enemies. I am pretty sure that was not game developers intentions so i have the following idear. 

Put a time limit on it so if they dont return to battle area they take damage and after a period maybe half that of them taking damage disable guns. 

This would benefit all players and improve game for everyone. 

• Boring 1

Players
840 posts
8,520 battles

although it's annoying as F, I don't think it is a good solution. Sometimes you have no choice but to hug the border. And a ship that's borderhumping can't cap so it's unlikely it poses a great threat to your team. 

Maybe they should add a zone just outside the current mapborders. If you go out of the map you get a warning "you're leaving the battlefield, return to the fight asap!" And your screen turns slowly to black. So players can't linger around outside the mapborders because then they won't be able to see anymore until they return inside the map.

• Cool 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
678 posts
10,590 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, GarrusBrutus sagte:

although it's annoying as F, I don't think it is a good solution. Sometimes you have no choice but to hug the border. And a ship that's borderhumping can't cap so it's unlikely it poses a great threat to your team. 

Maybe they should add a zone just outside the current mapborders. If you go out of the map you get a warning "you're leaving the battlefield, return to the fight asap!" And your screen turns slowly to black. So players can't linger around outside the mapborders because then they won't be able to see anymore until they return inside the map.

Or the enemy ships just become invisible to the player hugging the border for more than 30secs. (that's roughly the time you need to turn around)

[TTT]
Players
4,105 posts
7,842 battles
9 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

Or the enemy ships just become invisible to the player hugging the border for more than 30secs. (that's roughly the time you need to turn around)

no it isnt, at least not always... the loss of engine power sometimes seems to be wildly inconsistent, I've been stuck going 5kts for a few minutes trying the entire time to get my ship (Hindenburg) turned around and away from the border...

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles
  • since the engine power reduction, they are easy to hit
  • the border is nowhere near ANY game objective, just ignore them

[HOO]
Players
1,218 posts
2,535 battles
28 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Let them go off the map, but they cant shoot, spot or do anything to contribute to their team. After 30 sec's off map, start applying a negative multiplier to their Xp and credit earnings, all the way to zero if needed, and if still there after a minute give them an achievement ' White Feather'; for cowadice in the face of the enemy, and

turn them white for the next 'X' battles. Similar to pink status for team damage / killing.

• Funny 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
678 posts
10,590 battles
Vor 13 Minuten, Tyrendian89 sagte:

no it isnt, at least not always... the loss of engine power sometimes seems to be wildly inconsistent, I've been stuck going 5kts for a few minutes trying the entire time to get my ship (Hindenburg) turned around and away from the border...

Then your client works different than mine.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,821 posts
6,919 battles
1 hour ago, Donnerturm said:

30s? Maybe for DDs, but have you ever heard of a "battleship"?

I'll have spent most of those 30s just turning my rudder, not even talking about turning the ship itself. And good luck turning that island-sized ship when the engine penalty rapidly gets you below 10kts so you are jut sitting there completely still hoping that the currents will turn you :fish_palm: it can easily take many minutes turning around a BB if you've accidentally ran into a map border, and it's not like bordersurfers are hard to hit in the 1st place, at least not if you aren't trying to snipe them across the map. They are slow, thus very predictable

[PK11]
Beta Tester
678 posts
10,590 battles
Vor 52 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

I'll have spent most of those 30s just turning my rudder, not even talking about turning the ship itself. And good luck turning that island-sized ship when the engine penalty rapidly gets you below 10kts so you are jut sitting there completely still hoping that the currents will turn you :fish_palm: it can easily take many minutes turning around a BB if you've accidentally ran into a map border, and it's not like bordersurfers are hard to hit in the 1st place, at least not if you aren't trying to snipe them across the map. They are slow, thus very predictable

We are talking about ideas to reduce border hugging and you get upset by the 30 seconds? Ok, change it to 60 secs. Gee, I wonder what in my sentence poked you so much

[ADRIA]
Players
4,821 posts
6,919 battles
24 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

We are talking about ideas to reduce border hugging and you get upset by the 30 seconds? Ok, change it to 60 secs. Gee, I wonder what in my sentence poked you so much

Ok, 60s. BB will still not get off. CA probably will. How is that a punishment for a bordersurfing DD?

^ that is exactly why it wouldn't work

The "prevention" mechanism is already there - ships lose their engine power, thus their maneuverability. Slow ships that can't turn tend to be rather easy targets.

[T_I_W]
Players
159 posts
9,841 battles

they need to put a solid ring of LANDmass around the damn maps so these idiots get deadstopped (and hopefully stuck for a while)

seeing this nonsense happen alot in clan battles on certain maps and thats really disgusting

[WTFNO]
Players
263 posts
5,061 battles
10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

The "prevention" mechanism is already there - ships lose their engine power, thus their maneuverability. Slow ships that can't turn tend to be rather easy targets.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the auto-aim (lock) mechanism may be thrown off by the borderhugging ?

If true, this would give some kind of defensive bonus (granted, not against good players).

Or maybe it's just because it's harder to assess the actual speed of a ship sliding along the line ?

Still, it may be rather situational: at tiers 5-8 I don't seem to see that much border-hugging anyway.

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That is if you want to turn around. If you are already being shot at, especially by other battleships, I'd just continue running into the border or hit the reverse gear, because I might set myself up for deletion by showing broadside. Which typically would be what got me stuck at the map border in the first place, being unable to turn around, due to potentially eating multiple citadels in the process.

And frankly, border surfing is no longer a problem since the power reduction a few years ago. Whoever tries to hump the border for benefits against other ships shooting at it is just being dumb.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,195 posts
14,454 battles

Git gud and aim for the blue line. Border humping ships are incredibly easy to hit.

• Cool 1

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
35 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Still, it may be rather situational: at tiers 5-8 I don't seem to see that much border-hugging anyway.

I used to never ram the border, now I have Hood and it's quite fast (but not steering so well).

If I do not watch out, I ram islands, crash borders, and even waltz over teammates.

[HOME]
Players
817 posts
7,751 battles
26 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Git gud and aim for the blue line. Border humping ships are incredibly easy to hit.

Then try to hit a Zao at 10+km in CB when hes doing that on purpose. Ive seen it multiple times in CBs, they often know theyre dead so they just abuse the border to live a little longer while doing some damage. Its annoying as hell....

Sign in to follow this