Sign in to follow this  
FreetheBrain

Struggling to secure kills in Fiji

6 comments in this topic

[-TFD-]
Players
8 posts
5,248 battles

Hey guys, I just got the Fiji, played 20 games so far and have been doing very well in terms of wins (70% win rate). I seem to be struggling a lot in securing kills though (Average kills per game - 0.5). Time and time again I feel like my kills are being stolen from under my nose, which baffles me, since this is supposed to be a rapid firing cruiser. I did not have this problem with the T6 Leander. Looking at the average stats for everyone, I seem to be reaching the average damage numbers (42k), but the average kills for people playing the Fiji are (0.9 kills/game) compared to my terrible (0.5 kills/game). I try to be smart - I hug Islands, I smoke up well within range of enemy ships, I hunt destroyers, I contest caps a lot, and I seem to be carrying a good number of games judging by the XP I get. When fighting enemy cruisers I aim for the waterline and hold the left mouse button, but I don't seem to be getting those juicy citadels. I don't land a lot of torps, but I don't get charged much either. I do melt DDs a lot, but I just can't seem to get the killing blow.

Any idea what I'm missing? How can I improve my kill count?

Thanks in advance! Fair seas!

Fiji..jpg

[ADRIA]
Players
4,856 posts
6,926 battles

And why do you want to secure those kills? A dead ship is a dead ship, who cares who sunk it

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
15,971 posts
11,212 battles

Not enough games, results can be random at 20 games.

The more you target low health ships, the more kills you get (DD>Cruiser>BB).

Hunt DD and you will get the kills.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
2,780 battles

As @wilkatis_LV said, never understood this obsession about securing kills. Dead is dead, who cares who got the final shot in.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BOTS]
Beta Tester
24 posts
4,755 battles

Fiji is a second line Cruiser. You take her to the front but prepare to support. You need to work on getting higher damage which requires staying alive, to do so go with the fleet. Let the fleet spot and you shoot. DD's are good at spotting so encourage them to spot for you to shoot. If they know they have support they can run without firing whilst you smoke and shoot. Then just use heal and positioning to stay alive to buff damage totals and the longer you are in game the more chance of those sweet kills. Check the teamsheets then work out how far you can be to avoid radar and get close. The ship is optimal at about 10km or less so good knowledge of other ships is essential to work out the sweet spot between your great concealment and ideal shooting distance.

Players
427 posts
3,867 battles
On 04/08/2018 at 4:01 PM, lafeel said:

As @wilkatis_LV said, never understood this obsession about securing kills. Dead is dead, who cares who got the final shot in.

The only time it really matters is either when you are hunting that Kraken, or when there are silly missions that require so many kills in a stage. I much prefer the damage or tickets missions, as they kinda reflect what you should be doing in a game: doing good damage to the enemy, not holding fire until they drop to 1-2k HP to secure a kill. Anyway, to the OP. Use damage done as a measure of how well you do in a a ship, not kills. Just look at the clan recruitment, for example. Any requirements usually look at average damage done, not kills in a game.

Sign in to follow this