You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

Battleship (un)balance

33 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles

Hello guys .

has been a while , today i want to talk about BBs , and this thread is going to be add / family friendly because WG really didn't like my previous post and they they performed " speech freedom " ban on me . ( not that its a big deal but since WG isn't in my christmas list i am mentioning it )

so , i want to  talk about BBs in general and 1 in particular . so lets go :

at tier5 : i have met the Galelo cesar and its clearly over powered not even funny compared to everything else in that tier , ( even at higher tiers ) 

at tier6 : i just finished the grind of new mexico , new mexico is too  slow , would like it to have some speed buff .

at tier7 : Gniesenau is so so bad its not even understandable how a ship with only 6 small caliber gun be so inaccurate .  but hey , this game is balanced and Gniensenau is as good as Lyon , maybe i just suck  at playing .

at tier8 : very well balance , and i mean it , apart from saying again what i said again about Gniesenau for bismark , its  too inaccurate and there is no need for that .

at tier9 : we have fredric the great or as i like to call is fredy the j.e.r.k  , hat ship is now the worst after izumo was buffed , then again maybe i am bad and i dont understand how the play the ships .

at tier9.9: we have the amazing musashi and kronchdat and missouri , i got 2 of them and they are  well balanced for a tier9.9 ,,, (  if that doesn't give you an ida how OP  these ships are , i dont know what will ) 

at tier10 : the republique , or what i like to call '"the tier8  tier10 " why would you make 2 sisterships and pu one ( gascone ) at tier8 and one a tier10  ( republique ) ? 

and now to the star of the topic ,,, and i would like you guys  to guess what it is .

whats the ship that citadels / divastate  strike you in your crappy little Des moins with just his 2 back  turrets  ? whats the ship that  shoot you in your crappy little DD for 15k dmg each time and kills you ? whats the BB that is used in 90% of the time in clan battles and competitive ? whats the ship that has a 3 million module that allows her to turn into an orbital lazer guided cannon ? 

WG ,,,, fix the montana , its really really annoying to fight , she is too accurate , she has very good HE and 203 mm resistence , she is too fast . just nerf it , i would say remove the 3 m accuracy module , what you think guys ? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2

[AS13]
Players
2,458 posts
2,499 battles
2 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

maybe i just suck  at playing .

..needs a different playstyle. I have seen many many people doing GREAT in it.

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

..needs a different playstyle. I have seen many many people doing GREAT in it.

thanks for the  feedback  . maybe its just not for me  

[AS13]
Players
2,458 posts
2,499 battles
1 minute ago, wot_chikor said:

thanks for the great feedback  . maybe its just nitot for me  me 

Oh, I have struggled with some ships too, basically I suck at all German ships.

I seem to be much better at Royal Navy, so I play that instead.

I can't tell you how to play it though, but it's definately an art. I have shot a few to bits in the Hood.

But sometimes you get that one player, and I think, ah well, it's just a Gneisenau, what can happen.

And then he totally wrecks me. ROFL. 

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
29 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

what you think guys ? 

Why should we when you did not?

You seem to have issues adapting to certain ships, like everyone does, but instead of dealing with it like everyone else, you decided that you wanted to vent and post all the nerfs you perceive are needed.

I would tell you L2P but your stats are not bad so, I have nothing really. Learn to deal with stuff? Nobody is good at everything?

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles
11 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Why should we when you did not?

You seem to have issues adapting to certain ships, like everyone does, but instead of dealing with it like everyone else, you decided that you wanted to vent and post all the nerfs you perceive are needed.

I would tell you L2P but your stats are not bad so, I have nothing really. Learn to deal with stuff? Nobody is good at everything?

okey mate , so lyon is as good as gniesenaau and  freric the great is as good as missouri and Galelo cesar is s good as texas , an as i said maybe i suck or i dont understand anything 

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles
10 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

galileo__figaro__magnifico__by_gabrielmp

as always , taking it personal ,,,

btw , are you a fully paied member of grammer gestapo ? 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles
7 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

and they they performed " speech freedom " ban on me

Discussing moderation decisions is another good way to get yourself banned :Smile_trollface:

8 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

at tier5 : i have met the Galelo cesar and its clearly over powered not even funny compared to everything else in that tier , ( even at higher tiers ) 

It's Giulio

But yes, i absolutely agree, that ship is bonkers

9 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

at tier6 : i just finished the grind of new mexico , new mexico is too  slow , would like it to have some speed buff .

She's a dreadnought, of course she's slow

9 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

at tier7 : Gniesenau is so so bad its not even understandable how a ship with only 6 small caliber gun be so inaccurate .  but hey , this game is balanced and Gniensenau is as good as Lyon , maybe i just suck  at playing .

Being as good as Lyon isn't eactly an easy task

Also funny how you complain about Gneis having "low" caliber (as that's a bad thing) while your own example of a good t7 BB has 40 (41?) mm smaller guns, which, unlike almost all t7 BBs including Gneis, can't overmatch tier 6 & 7 bows

And yes, Gneis is doing pretty badly (*khm* GC absolutely trashes Gneis in all stats while being 2 f-ing tiers lower *khm*) every tier & ever class in that tier have that one "worst" ship. That's jsut how it works

14 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

at tier8 : very well balance , and i mean it , apart from saying again what i said again about Gniesenau for bismark , its  too inaccurate and there is no need for that .

Bismark is amazing fun if played correctly. That ship is strong, almost to some ridiculous levels. Then again, all t8 BBs except Monarch are like that. If you singled out Monarch as the turd of the tier then I might have been able to agree with you

Also - let me guess, you run secondary build on Bismark? The one where you replace all main battery accuracy upgrades with stuff related to buffing secondaries? Go figure why guns are less accurate, I can't imagine why would the be :cap_tea:

16 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

at tier9 : we have fredric the great or as i like to call is fredy the j.e.r.k  , hat ship is now the worst after izumo was buffed , then again maybe i am bad and i dont understand how the play the ships .

I've heard that too, so I'll give you that. Still, 9s are pretty strong in general, so being weakest of the strong doesn't say much

17 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

at tier10 : the republique , or what i like to call '"the tier8  tier10 "

On paper everything Republic has is average or below average, but in reality she's solid. It's like Montana - jack of all trades, master of none. Funny how both of them also happen to be the best cruiser-killing BBs.

20 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

why would you make 2 sisterships and pu one ( gascone ) at tier8 and one a tier10  ( republique ) ?

Please tell me you are not serious :fish_palm: I know you are one of the dullest tools in the box, but even you should be sharp enough for this one :fish_palm:

Why do you think they are "sisterships"? The turret configuration? Then why didn't you ask about the 3rd sistership - Adm. Graf Spee - being at tier 6?

Gascogne is a pre-war design, originally intended to start construction in 1939, postponed till 1940, cancelled before construction started due to German invasion

Republic - fabricated WGs design, based on actual French ships & their post-war designs

34 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

whats the ship that citadels / divastate  strike you in your crappy little Des moins with just his 2 back  turrets  ? whats the ship that  shoot you in your crappy little DD for 15k dmg each time and kills you ? whats the BB that is used in 90% of the time in clan battles and competitive ? whats the ship that has a 3 million module that allows her to turn into an orbital lazer guided cannon ? 

WG ,,,, fix the montana , its really really annoying to fight , she is too accurate , she has very good HE and 203 mm resistence , she is too fast

A TL;DR answer to this would be: git gud

A longer one:

• he got lucky & git gud
  • that's a rare exception instead of "every time", aslo git gud
  • it's used in CB so much bcuz of how versatile it is - not particularly great at any single thing, but at the same time not particularly terrible at anything either. Much easier to use it for the team. Also it's one of if not the best cruiser-killers, and CB has 4...5 (even 6) cruisers in EVERY team
    • 90% is a massive overstatement, if I remember correctly last season it was around 20%, and this season there a lot of Republics and Yamatos being played
  • Monty doesn't get the 500k module which gives everyone else 7% dispersion buff, and even with the 11% bonus she's less accurate than a Yamato
  • the 203-proof zone is midships exclusively and mostly covered by superstructure making it mostly irrelevant (sure, some shells will land on it, but try and compare that to GKs or Yamatos armour and you suddenly realize Monty has nothing), bow and stern are still massive HE farm zones
    • those 38mm doesn't help vs HIVs and Hindys at all
  • She has distinctly meh dispersion with rather good sigma, which means you always have a decent CHANCE to hit, but are far from guaranteed
    • Yamato has both - better sigma and better dispersion
  • She is as fast as others:
    • Republic, GK and Monty = 30kts
    • Conq = 29.5kts
    • Yamato = 27 kts

46 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

what you think guys ? 

I think you are duller tool than I thought you are

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
7 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

okey mate , so lyon is as good as gniesenaau and  freric the great is as good as missouri and Galelo cesar is s good as texas , an as i said maybe i suck or i dont understand anything 

Why are you comparing ships that play differently? Oh and, just FYI, texas is T5(?), missouri is T9, Giulio cesare is T8 5(thanks wil).

You may need to go back to learning the game?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles
3 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Giulio cesare is T8

Performance wise? Yeah, that sounds about right

But in tech-tree she's at tier 5 :Smile_trollface:

[POI--]
Players
4,310 posts
5,386 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Also - let me guess, you run secondary build on Bismark? The one where you replace all main battery accuracy upgrades with stuff related to buffing secondaries? Go figure why guns are less accurate, I can't imagine why would the be :cap_tea:

I do that and the accuracy certainly doesn't bother me.Don't expect Yamato accuracy, but it has no issues keeping up damage and impact.

• Cool 1

[TEA]
Players
948 posts
4,218 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

You need to rewrite your whole first post as its laughable english at best and people are gonna troll you as they cant understand what you are saying?

Your grammar is atrocious

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Performance wise? Yeah, that sounds about right

But in tech-tree she's at tier 5 :Smile_trollface:

Was thinking roma, did he not put roma there too?

Need to stop smoking so much in my days off, Id say Im sorry but hate lying, thanks for the heads up tho.

• Funny 2

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I think you are duller tool than I thought you are

i am glad you agreed in some points , didn't say anything about the tier9.9 that i listed,  and you also indirectly insulted me by telling me to get good when i am just asking for your opinion . 

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles
8 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Why are you comparing ships that play differently? Oh and, just FYI, texas is T5(?), missouri is T9, Giulio cesare is T8.

You may need to go back to learning the game?

and maybe you should learn to ready again ? 

i said fredric the great compared to missouri , and Gniensenau compared to lyon , and texas compared to G.Cesar . they are all equal tiers ...

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles

didn't say anything about the tier9.9 that i listed

What is a T9.9? Is that like musashi?

Or, are we taling Giulio again? Im confuce.

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles
5 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

You need to rewrite your whole first post as its laughable english at best and people are gonna troll you as they cant understand what you are saying?

Your grammar is atrocious

wow , well i would like you to write me a post in french or arabic or amazigh ; show us how good you are in languages . 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,716 posts
9,234 battles
14 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

Interesting thing to say, considering you are trying to make me feel bad about a lighthearted jest, as if fun were...verboten....

I don't know you, I don't care about you.
I saw an opportunity to have a small, harmless joke after a long day at work, and in anticipation of a long weekend of labor and I took it.
The only person taking things personally is you.

wow , well i would like you to write me a post in french or arabic or amazigh ; show us how good you are in languages

Pas de soucis mon grand, c'est quand tu veux...og vil du gerne mig at tale dansk?

Turns out playing that little game outside of the USA, and in Europe isn't going to work as well as you think it will.

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles

wow , well i would like you to write me a post in french or arabic or amazigh ; show us how good you are in languages . 

Dont know about him, but I write in english spanish german & catalan...

BTW what is amazigh?

EDIT: still cant type in any of them without spellcheck...

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

What is a T9.9? Is that like musashi?

Or, are we taling Giulio again? Im confuce.

in case you skipped it . 

at tier9.9: we have the amazing musashi and kronchdat and missouri , i got 2 of them and they are  well balanced for a tier9.9 ,,, (  if that doesn't give you an ida how OP  these ships are , i dont know what will )  " 

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
3 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

in case you skipped it . 

at tier9.9: we have the amazing musashi and kronchdat and missouri , i got 2 of them and they are  well balanced for a tier9.9 ,,, (  if that doesn't give you an ida how OP  these ships are , i dont know what will )  " 

Again, what is tier 9.9?

the ships you list there are T9, not 9.9, not too sure what you on about.

Musashi is a meh ship, all it has are the big shells, armor like yamato so, meh.

Missouri beats it hands down any day, not too sure how you call that "balanced with oneanother", but you dont seem to be able to articulate so, again, what is that 9.9 you speak about?

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,749 battles
6 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Again, what is tier 9.9?

the ships you list there are T9, not 9.9, not too sure what you on about.

Musashi is a meh ship, all it has are the big shells, armor like yamato so, meh.

Missouri beats it hands down any day, not too sure how you call that "balanced with oneanother", but you dont seem to be able to articulate so, again, what is that 9.9 you speak about?

well as far as i am concerned , i have as good  stats in musashi and ronchdadt as my tier10 BBs and cruisers if not even better .

what i mean is , these ships are mush better than tier9s and little bit worse / as good as tier10s ....so i called them tier9.9

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
18 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

well as far as i am concerned , i have as good  stats in musashi and ronchdadt as my tier10 BBs and cruisers if not even better .

what i mean is , these ships are mush better than tier9s and little bit worse / as good as tier10s ....so i called them tier9.9

So, it can not be that your skills improved?

As said, your stats are not an issue, so, what gives?

And please, I have no issues with how you type, but if you want your text to inspire respect, try and dont butcher names and words, helps no one.

[TEA]
Players
948 posts
4,218 battles
1 hour ago, wot_chikor said:

قردٌ على الشباك

• Funny 1