Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMechano

Blessed and Cursed ships

24 comments in this topic

[501L]
Players
122 posts
2,730 battles

Alright folks, lets hear it, which ships are cursed and blessed for you, for me personally it's the Nagato (it's me, not the ship, still you'd think it'd have a higher w/r than 33%) and blessed is the New Mexico, sure its w/r is a bit in the toilet atm but that's thanks to playing it stock but everything else in it seems to be above server average.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,635 posts
6,496 battles

Funny you should mention this: there's a big red button at the top of my screen - every time I press that, something ghastly happens - clearly cursed!

What, you wanted more specific? It's Atlanta (dammit, not that one) Indianapolis for me (being rubbish at cruisers doesn't help, but the gods definitely vomit on my eiderdown particularly with that one)...

[CU]
Players
312 posts
3,469 battles

For me the cursed ships seem to be the ones other people say are stupidly OP, such as Belfast and Kamikaze. I did so poorly in my Belfast I actually sold it to buy the Scharnhorst.

Blessed was probably the Benson, loved that thing, only sold it to get the Fletcher and still haven't bought it back.

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles

For me it's the Yubari.  I hadn't played it in ages so decided to try it again recently and was immediately reminded  why I hadn't been playing it.  It seems to attract awful teams and enemy BB shells.  Officially retired now.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles

well my most cursed ship would probably the des moines. no mather what i do in it winning is out of the question.

my blessed ship would have been the algerie. 

Players
804 posts
12,858 battles

Out of those that I'm playing more lately, Shimakaze is definitely cursed (I either die too soon or the battle is a more or less close defeat if I can endure to the end) while Independence and Ranger are blessed: the former scored 45 planes shot down recently in a 4 CV battle being down-tier and a 5-star, Tactical Expertise in Raptor Rescue; the latter attains the best WR and PR of all the ships I've played at least 50 battles with.

Salute.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
5,436 battles

Cursed- HIV. I can't find much enjoyment in it. Every time I play it I just wish I picked the Zao instead.

Blessed- Don't know, Arizona I guess? Got it from a christmas container 2 years ago, never played it until late last year because reasons. And then I played it and now I almost feel dirty when I take it out of port.

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

It differs. When I started with my Harekaze, I dealt enough damage, kills, captures et cetera, but failed to win. Later on that all changed, but now I have a hard time winning again. After around 50 battles in Tashkent I had 80% winrate in her, but that has dropped as well lately. At least I begin to win games in the North Carolina again, so I'm happy about that.

I keep on struggling with the Gearing however. Now at around 48% winrate, with almost 150 battles. But for every kill I get a loss as well, no matter how I play. At least that's how it feels like.

Players
1,242 posts
7,726 battles

Emile Bertin. People keep telling me this ship is OP. That it doesn't have a citadel. That it's much better than every other French Cruiser. I love the French cruisers, but EB and me never got on. And yes, the ship does have a citadel, because every time anyone fired at me, they found it. It was worse than Emerald Mk 1, So bad that I skipped up to La Gal.

Players
1,026 posts
7,819 battles

Cursed: My Lion has a WR of 43% after a fairly healthy sample of 91 games. All my other performance stats for that ship are above server average, it just loses lots of games.

Blessed: My Belfast is at 72.5% after 109 games. I'm really not that good with it, it just wins lots of games.

[ONIX]
Players
1,091 posts
9,104 battles

Cursed, definately Zao. I can't for the life of me make her work. Every time someone shoots at me that's half my hp gone.

On the bright side I'm doing very well with Seattle (68% WR) over the last 3 weeks. And Hindenburg (66%) All solo.

[SWTP]
Players
521 posts
7,010 battles

Cursed: Atago Blessed: Kagero I was winning regardless of my performance or lack of it.

[501L]
Players
122 posts
2,730 battles
2 hours ago, ollonborre said:

Cursed- HIV. I can't find much enjoyment in it. Every time I play it I just wish I picked the Zao instead.

Blessed- Don't know, Arizona I guess? Got it from a christmas container 2 years ago, never played it until late last year because reasons. And then I played it and now I almost feel dirty when I take it out of port.

The Arizona is basically a New Mex with much better accuracy and worse AA and, from what I've been told, is one of the best premium tier 6 BBs since you get all those guns and better shot grouping.

• Cool 1

Players
2,488 posts
2,601 battles
56 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

The Arizona is basically a New Mex with much better accuracy and worse AA and, from what I've been told, is one of the best premium tier 6 BBs since you get all those guns and better shot grouping.

This is true, although I manage to do similar in the New Mexico and the Queen Elizabeth, too.

Arizona is my 'blessed ship' though, I got it from a container (might chuffed!) and I use it pretty well. 

Yes the accuracy is better, but not much, and the AA is non-existent. However, usually there is no CV... while there usually is in New Mex.

But all those guns... I'd take a New York anyday, as that has 20km range instead of a 3 minute spotter plane. 

The 'cursed ship' is probably Leander. I love it to bits though.

But the most hairy, stupid stuff ends well, and then just when I think up something seemingly brilliant I get blapped.

The problem is I think too much so I get blapped a lot. If I get in unexpected hairy situations the thing always gets away with it.

And that is when it gets the best score, usually. 

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles

I suspect the König is both blessed and cursed for me. I know it's a good ship but I've struggled to get to grips with it throughout the grind. It's not helped by comparing it to ships like the Cesare, particularly when trying for longer range shots. At least I'm getting used to German BB shotgun dispersion early on.

I finished the grind tonight and despite my professing a hatred for the ship, it's returned a win rate of 63% and I've no idea how because it felt as though nearly every game was a loss. :Smile_amazed:

Players
39 posts
2,593 battles

Blessed is Leander. I love that ship! I seem to make her work more than any other ship I have. My Leander Captain is the highest-level I have.

Plus, to my eyes , with the correct camouflage (Is it Type 5? The grey and dark-grey "triangular" straight-edged patches?), it's one of the best looking ships!

Cursed was definitely Omaha. It was a piece of crap that I just couldn't play! Ended up skipping it on free XP... which is something I never do!!

As far as cursed ships that I still own... maybe Edinburgh, which pains me to say! She's a great ship, I like her a lot, but the match maker is not at all kind to that poor vessel! :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
5,807 battles

Blessed: Asashio. Everyone says it's the least useful DD for anything other than damage farming. 73% WR

Cursed: Gearing. Everyone says it's a great ship. 43% WR, and that's after some tryharding to dredge it up from low 30's 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,718 posts
9,234 battles

Blessed? Waifutlanta.

Cursed? Anything a bit too left and hardline leaning on the political scale at T8+, except for the lovely Udaloi which I grinded from stock twice on the same account (WG ship replacement shenanigans), and both times enjoyed it in spite of that.

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles

Not sure I have a cursed ship - but I have ships I've never learned or adapted too.

Blessed ships, Wyoming and Nurnburg - I just feel so comfortable in them. Although I have to say atm  the whole German Cruiser line I love - even Yorck with it's terrible gun arcs - although I just ground through her as quickly as possible, hence  my crap WR in her.

Players
853 posts
8,524 battles

Cursed: The wyoming. Have been trying to get all my ships with a unicum PR but even after 6000 games I still manage to suck in it. 

Blessed: fushun, won 13 games in a row in it while grinding the line. Not even playing particularly well but didn't matter apparently. 

[RUHR]
Players
27 posts
4,751 battles

Blessed: Normandie: 14/14 wins while grinding, citadels everywhere and Danae: i sucked incredibly in this ship yet won almost every game, seemed to attract people who can carry me :D

Cursed: Chapayev: i sold this ship in an enrage about getting oneshotted three games in a row from questionable angles

Sign in to follow this