You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Are there ways to boost your Coal intake?

45 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,535 battles

Got my eyes on the Salem but I am a bit of still even with the discounts and coupons. Is there a way to boost your Coal intake exept for the most apparent ones like:

Finishing all events, challenges, daily combat missions and of course always choosing More resources containers.

You cant trade loyalty tokens or any other stuff for coal, right?

Cant sell any ships or other stuf for coal?

[KAKE]
Players
1,035 posts
3,358 battles

If you have Steel from ranked/clan battles you can convert that, not sure you'd want to though.

Beta Tester
2,014 posts
2,737 battles
4 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Got my eyes on the Salem but I am a bit of still even with the discounts and coupons. Is there a way to boost your Coal intake exept for the most apparent ones like:

Finishing all events, challenges, daily combat missions and of course always choosing More resources containers.

Cant sell any ships or other stuf for coal?

You can actually trade loyalty tokens for coal, after a fashion. The Shark/Eagle containers do include coal in them.

• Cool 2

[TEA]
Players
953 posts
4,228 battles
20 minutes ago, lafeel said:

You can actually trade loyalty tokens for coal, after a fashion. The Shark/Eagle containers do include coal in them.

How mate?

Beta Tester
2,014 posts
2,737 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

How mate?

What @Tyrendian89 said. I answered your question in the second half of that statement (you can get them in the armory)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles
37 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Right now you can even buy coal with real money.

Buy the GoNavy! containers from the shop, get tokens from it, then, just as @lafeel said, use tokens to buy "normal" team containers which always contain coal

Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,535 battles
41 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Aah good tip! Thanks! I will buy the "Premium" camo for Des Moines with my maxed out Shark tokens and then i can just buy all containers with my maxed out Eagle tokens when i get them.

Beta Tester
2,014 posts
2,737 battles
Just now, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Aah good tip! Thanks! I will buy the "Premium" camo for Des Moines with my maxed out Shark tokens and then i can just buy all containers with my maxed out Eagle tokens when i get them.

Always a pleasure to help.

• Cool 1

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
49 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

... and of course always choosing More resources containers.

On the subject of containers, is there any reason to choose a different type now? Coal can be used to buy signals in packs of 20 so you can buy exactly what you need rather than hoping to get lucky with a signals container and even then only getting 5 of them.

I'm also eyeing up the Salem but I've a long way to go, particularly as I realised yesterday that you can also buy certain containers and was finally able to finish my Bismarck collection. :Smile_Default:

Beta Tester
2,014 posts
2,737 battles
Just now, Strappster said:

On the subject of containers, is there any reason to choose a different type now? Coal can be used to buy signals in packs of 20 so you can buy exactly what you need rather than hoping to get lucky with a signals container and even then only getting 5 of them.

I'm also eyeing up the Salem but I've a long way to go, particularly as I realised yesterday that you can also buy certain containers and was finally able to finish my Bismarck collection. :Smile_Default:

Doesn't feel like there is to be honest. Your mileage may vary though.

[TTT]
Players
4,103 posts
7,839 battles
11 minutes ago, Strappster said:

tbh, what's selling me on the Ressource container is the high chance of getting some ESCL flags inside, which is the only type (besides "superflags" like Hydra and Dragon ofc) that I dont have hundreds of...

[SM0KE]
Players
2,592 posts
6,443 battles

Does anyone happen to know if Salem comes with permacammo (like regular premiums do, and MO did), or if you have to get it separately? Possibly a stupid question.

I'm trying to decide which permacammo to get with Shark tokens, and how many to use to get containers (and so, coal)...

[NED]
Players
1,671 posts
6,283 battles
40 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

If u have desmo with permacamo why bother with salem?

Salem has heal.

[NWP]
Players
4,335 posts
6,214 battles
1 minute ago, piet11111 said:

Salem has  better heal.

FIFY

DM has heal too. But not sure if the worse Radar does justify the better heal :cap_hmm: Because ive been thinking too if i get Musashi for Coal or Salem. Frankly, i dont see Salem as being really better than DM. Then again, Musashi doesnt have too many benefits either... except for the Rare chance of having T7-T9 MM in it, where it will screw over any other ship.

11 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Does anyone happen to know if Salem comes with permacammo (like regular premiums do, and MO did), or if you have to get it separately? Possibly a stupid question.

I'm trying to decide which permacammo to get with Shark tokens, and how many to use to get containers (and so, coal)...

I certainly believe the ships acquired with Coal got permacamo aswell. Premium ships always come with Camo.

[-AP-]
Players
744 posts
2,912 battles

Some kind of coal flag could be interesting.

Something along the lines of: "You get your base xp as coal"

Anyhow, im eyeing up the musashi, already have 40k+ coal, so getting 90k more shouldnt take more than a mounth if i can keep 3k coal a day up.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,592 posts
6,443 battles
28 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I certainly believe the ships acquired with Coal got permacamo aswell. Premium ships always come with Camo.

Many thanks  - that was what I guessed.

I was thinking it might be sensible to focus on using the current event to get coal, then, rather than permacammo (or at least, permacammo for premiums)...

[DPRK]
Beta Tester
292 posts

Tea-Tree-and-Charcoal-Facial-Soap-DIY-1.

But yes keep picking the ressource containers at every possible moment.

And switch sides in the event once you reached max loyality to gain more points for crates with the other team.

[AAO]
Players
1,804 posts
9,595 battles
28 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Boost your coal intake, yes? :Smile_bajan2:

Hide contents

dpa-picture-alliance-83223029-highres_15

God that icecream looks gross. Why do I immediately think about England though...

[SM0KE]
Players
2,592 posts
6,443 battles
2 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

And the same radar as Atlanta which is basically useless....

The reasons I'd rather like Salem are entirely non-functional though: e.g. she's Graf Spee in the Battle of the River Plate...

(I would end up playing her in coop mostly, for several months, at least - I don't have the first idea what to do with a high tier cruiser against real people)

• Funny 1