Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Leak: Changes coming to 0.7.8

35 comments in this topic

[TEA]
Players
954 posts
4,253 battles

These posts come from people who play on the SEA Server (South-East Asia region), so some of the additions like camos etc may not necessarily apply to EU (region specific) but any changes made to game stats of ships, mechanics or physics will apply. Since we all play the same game!

Changes coming to 0.7.8: https://sea-group.org/?p=4439&lang=en

Changes made to Stalingrad in 0.7.7, highlight: https://sea-group.org/?p=4334&lang=en

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles

The price drops on alternate camos for premiums is interesting. I wouldn't have even considered spending 4k doubloons on a camo where the only difference is cosmetic but 750 doubloons is a lot more tempting.

As for the Azur Lane camos pictured ... yeah, no, definitely not. Although the Cleveland doesn't look too bad. It's funny - you see a camo like that on most ships and you think it's ugly but you see a USN ship covered in stars, stripes and Freedom Chickens and you think, "huh, yeah, I could see the Americans doing that".

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles

The only AL camo that got me interested was the Nelson one, but for that price I can almost get a T10 perma camo for my Zao. So no sale.

The 750 dub skins however are something else. I might get myself a nice Atago skin and something for the Duke. 3€ per skin are ok in my book.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles

Nelson looks pretty good tbh.

Rest tho? Yeah, no thanks.

Also Basketball camo? Did I miss something?

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
11 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The only AL camo that got me interested was the Nelson one, but for that price I can almost get a T10 perma camo for my Zao. So no sale.

The 750 dub skins however are something else. I might get myself a nice Atago skin and something for the Duke. 3€ per skin are ok in my book.

3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Nelson looks pretty good tbh.

Rest tho? Yeah, no thanks.

Don't forget, the economic bonuses are the same as free permacamo for premiums. You'd pay 4k doubloons just for the looks. And while Nelson looks decent, she doesn't look worth 4k doubloons.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Old event camo that was different for the 4 servers. Can't say more as it was before I started playing.

Edit:

The event was the "NCAA Final Four tournament" in March 2016.

The icons used in the announcement for 0.7.8 are:

Type 1 - German Layup

Type 2 - American Alley-Oop

Type 3 - Russian Nothing but Net

One Camo remains unused, the Japanese Slam Dunk.

The camos were identical to the standard Type 5 camo.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

You'd pay 4k doubloons just for the looks.

Meh, if I had the doubloons to spare I'd even consider it.

But since I have neither Nelson nor doubloons to waste that's problem solved for me. :D

• Funny 2

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

Meh, if I had the doubloons to spare I'd even consider it.

But since I have neither Nelson nor doubloons to waste that's problem solved for me. :D

I was considering Hipper, before I saw how awful it looked.

Last time you convinced me with "Well, VAs cost money, so it isn't that unreasonable", but on these camos, I don't even care if some camo designer now sits unemployed and hungry in the streets of Sankt Petersburg. They'd deserve it.

• Funny 1

Players
1,018 posts
7,773 battles

Now that alt camos are a thing, could we maybe get the Mountbatten Pink? I'd totally buy for a couple RN premiums for 750 gold.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

on these camos

Yeah, you won't see me defending those.

Although I wouldn't necessarily crucify the artist as they usually get guidelines and have to follow them to the T. Put Iron Crosses all over Hipper? Yeah, looks fugly, you try to convince the higher ups that it looks fugly, but they usually remain stubborn and you just have to deal with it.

How do I know this? Currently working as one myself. It grinds down rather quick on your mental stability.

Still waiting for a screenshot of Enterprise. WG don't you :etc_swear:ing dare make my waifu look ugly.

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Yeah, you won't see me defending those.

Although I wouldn't necessarily crucify the artist as they usually get guidelines and have to follow them to the T. Put Iron Crosses all over Hipper? Yeah, looks fugly, you try to convince the higher ups that it looks fugly, but they usually remain stubborn and you just have to deal with it.

How do I know this? Currently working as one myself. It grinds down rather quick on your mental stability.

Still waiting for a screenshot of Enterprise. WG don't you :etc_swear:ing dare make my waifu look ugly.

You are a camo artist?

Also, it is sad that we get tropical camoflages and such, which likely look decent because they had RL inspiration, for 750 doubloons, then we get this stuff that looks like it stemmed from a doodle someone made in 10 minutes of uninspired boredom for 4-5k. Meanwhile there's actually cool looking camos like Prinz Eugen Adler that are made up, cool, have actual economic benefits AND are cheaper.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,197 posts
14,454 battles
7 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

You are a camo artist?

Nah, regular graphics designer at another gaming company. I imagine those making camos over at WG are going through the same... lets call them "challenges" as I do tho.

Heck, stuff like Iron Crosses on Hipper could've even been in the collab contract.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Nah, regular graphics designer at another gaming company. I imagine those making camos over at WG are going through the same... let's call them "challenges" as I do tho.

Heck, stuff like Iron Crosses on Hipper could've even been in the collab contract.

There is iron crosses and then there's iron crosses...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles

Didn't they say the contest camo for Helena would be free per Mission like on the Normandie?

Now they want 15€???

That would break so many laws in so many countries if they didn't check back with the guy who made that camo!

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
15 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Didn't they say the contest camo for Helena would be free per Mission like on the Normandie?

Now they want 15€???

That would break so many laws in so many countries if they didn't check back with the guy who made that camo!

Most likely it's a mistake or a PTS thing. let me quote you the contest announcement:

The winning camo will be obtainable for all players through the completion of an in-game mission chain.

Not even WG would be so greedy as to go back on their word and charge 4k dubs for a T7 camo. The reaction of the community would be very clear.

Players
81 posts
2,995 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Most likely it's a mistake or a PTS thing. let me quote you the contest announcement:

Not even WG would be so greedy as to go back on their word and charge 4k dubs for a T7 camo. The reaction of the community would be very clear.

Well they could do a mission chain AND sell it for those who don't want to do the missions / miss it (there will be a time limit i guess)

[DPRK]
Beta Tester
292 posts

Well its prob the grind for days kind of free *cough* Arctic Scharni and Dork

Or you pay WG $$ to preserve your sanity~

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
52 minutes ago, Oberendgegner said:

Well they could do a mission chain AND sell it for those who don't want to do the missions / miss it (there will be a time limit i guess)

Yeah but under intelectual property law, if no other contracts are signd, the camo is the property of the one who made it and if WG wants to sell them, its his money. Just like when someone on YT gets a video flagged because he uses stuff of someone else. The ad-money, if any, then goes to the owner.

Players
81 posts
2,995 battles
14 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Yeah but under intelectual property law, if no other contracts are signd, the camo is the property of the one who made it and if WG wants to sell them, its his money. Just like when someone on YT gets a video flagged because he uses stuff of someone else. The ad-money, if any, then goes to the owner.

Haven't read the competition rules, but I'd assume that with submiting a design, you cede quite a bunch of rights to WG (at least enough, that they can do pretty much whatever they want with it). It's not their first competiton.

Edit:

" By accepting these terms and uploading your artwork, you grant Wargaming a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, and distribute your artwork, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). Any such use of your artwork by Wargaming may be without any compensation paid to you. "

Edited by Oberendgegner
More info

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles

Hipper perma camo looks very close to what I've expected. Lot of red colors with black cross(es).

Im more interested in this:

All unique captains now have a "price" parameter, and the currency can be experience, credit, doubloon, or elite captain experience

I wonder how much will they cost. Knowing WG I assume they will be expensive.

I could use another Doe commander for future Salem.

[4_0_4]
Players
4,811 posts
10,952 battles

Jeez, those AL camo sure do disappoint.

And charging 4k for that? I guess my wallet stays closed this time, although it's usually really esya to open for such things.

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
410 posts

To be honest I don't think the Azur Lane camouflages look finished, but then I said the same thing about the tiled-temporary one where I thought it looked like a W.I.P. compared with the more complex "normal" ones (which used green and blue as well as red for marking where colours should be applied and had those fading to black for variation in the transparency of those colours).

I mean, I agree the Nelson looks good but with that mid-hull detail I'd have expected a line of scrollwork between the lines of scuttles, in the same way as you had decorative scrollwork along the edges of ceilings where there was a decorative detail halfway along that wall. And the main turrets having dark and light green rather than gold and maroon, and no detailing on the secondary turrets, also plays into that feeling.

You don't want it to look too "busy" or be a baroque or art-deco mess like the "patriotic" camouflages, but having a plain colour base with the same shape stamped onto it repeatedly at different sizes is going a bit far in the other direction.

[TTT]
Players
52 posts
9,285 battles

I mean, i never thought about about buying such camos, but can someone explain to me what the connection between AL and those camos is? Apart from the Symbol in Nelson‘s superstructure (AL or British Faction Logo?).

Sign in to follow this