You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JFCFuller

If anyone deserves a permaban.....

39 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
8 posts
14,081 battles

*edited*

From the replay description-

The pink Cleveland on my team seems to be very angry or bored, and decided to vent his fustration by spaming chat and the map the ENTIRE battle, whilst sailing off into a corner of the map. This doesn't seem to be an isoloted case, if you look up his stats he has 467 games in the new Cleveland, which hasn't been out that long, and has a personal rating of zero. I kind of feel sorry for him, but his behaviour affects every team he plays with and the community as a whole. Wargaming, this player is obviously only in your game to grief, a permaban please.

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming.
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,976 battles

PR 0 ? Really? I did not think that even possible over several matches or hundreds... OMG.:cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
2 hours ago, JFCFuller said:

If anyone deserves a permaban.....

...it's the guy naming and shaming on forums :Smile_trollface:

What exactly you want us to do? Collectively cry how unfortunate you were that he was on your team?

Send it to support, maybe something will happen. Here you are just wasting everyones time

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

So let me get this straight, the OP can ignore rules and all is fine, the rest can not, right?

Please a permaban for naming and shaming, the OP has no respect for rules and is only here to name and shame players.

• Bad 4

[R-C-N]
Players
3 posts
4,424 battles

Had the same guy in the same ship doing exactly the same thing. Driving in a corner, insulting the team. What a clown.

His name is German btw and is translated to "fart head". Very fitting, indeed.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

First of all, naming and shaming is just as much against the rules.

Secondly though, I had the misfortune of having the shamed played on my team at least once and yes, he was a total douchecanoe, raging in chat harder than Gordon Ramsay does on his TV show. He was pink then too. His nickname is very fitting I suppose (which also makes me believe he's well aware of what he's doing).

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

First of all, naming and shaming is just as much against the rules.

Secondly though, I had the misfortune of having the shamed played on my team at least once and yes, he was a total douchecanoe, raging in chat harder than Gordon Ramsay does on his TV show. He was pink then too. His nickname is very fitting I suppose (which also makes me believe he's well aware of what he's doing).

But there you have the in game provided tools: report, blacklist, and, rubbing is racing.

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
8 posts
14,081 battles

If i have broken naming and shaming rules i apologise. I thought that was 'stat shaming'. I only mentioned the players PR as supporting evidence. Isn't it in everyones interest to get players like this out of the game we enjoy? But in that case could everyone who has experience of this player please put in a ticket about them. Then, just maybe, they won't grief hundreds of other players.

• Cool 1

Players
2,160 posts
1 minute ago, JFCFuller said:

If i have broken naming and shaming rules i apologise. I thought that was 'stat shaming'. I only mentioned the players PR as supporting evidence. Isn't it in everyones interest to get players like this out of the game we enjoy? But in that case could everyone who has experience of this player please put in a ticket about them. Then, just maybe, they won't grief hundreds of other players.

The thread will get killed off for naming and shaming the player, but you've a point that his behaviour is unacceptable.

You can create a support ticket and attach the replay for action by the support staff, if enough people do this because the person behaves this way frequently there may be strong action taken.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,282 posts
10,727 battles
13 minutes ago, JFCFuller said:

Remove replay and player's name and you should be fine

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
8 posts
14,081 battles
1 minute ago, lup3s said:

Remove replay and player's name and you should be fine

Thx, name removed, but isn't the replay kinda the only evidence of the griefing??

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
3 minutes ago, JFCFuller said:

Thx, name removed, but isn't the replay kinda the only evidence of the griefing??

Yes, but nobody that can do anything about it is going to look at it if you complain here.

So, it serves no use (except entertainment value) - you need to upload it with the ticket

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,282 posts
10,727 battles
1 minute ago, JFCFuller said:

Yes, but I don't know if it falls under "naming and shaming".

About that, I do agree that in this case it is valid, but forum rules are there for a reason :Smile_Default: best you can do (as mentioned by others), is send it to support and hope they'll do something with it ..

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
23 minutes ago, Juanx said:

But there you have the in game provided tools: report, blacklist, and, rubbing is racing.

Clearly the reporting isn't working well enough if he's still around, because the nonsense he typed in chat were pretty damn permaban material back when I had the misfortune of getting that knobend on my team (and I did report him).

And blacklisting does nothing against quickcommand spam (something WG was told for a loooooooong time and they still haven't gone around eliminating that obvious exploit).

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Clearly the reporting isn't working well enough if he's still around, because the nonsense he typed in chat were pretty damn permaban material back when I had the misfortune of getting that knobend on my team (and I did report him).

And blacklisting does nothing against quickcommand spam (something WG was told for a loooooooong time and they still haven't gone around eliminating that obvious exploit).

That is because WG did not find it "permabanny", remember you do not decide what gets what punishment.

Amazing how thin skinned you guys are, whenever you enter the workforce and someone disagrees with you, you are going to go apoplectic.

And no, I dont care enough to watch the replay, no need, they are only words on the internet.

[HEROS]
Beta Tester
8 posts
14,081 battles

Thanks all o7 I have sent a ticket with the original replay file, however in my experience WG have a reputation for not being overly active with these situations. So i posted here as well to gain support from others who have seen this player in action, and a couple have posted to confirm this is the usual behaviour of the player. Also, all your replies will hopefully increase the chances of the problem being looked at on a larger scale. So thank you.

• Cool 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
840 posts
7,395 battles

You can send them a ticket, nothing  will happen.

I did the same for a player named BOT- followed by a number, that was clearly a bot (in his Iowa  he went behind the carrier and this nothing all the match, and when i asked him "what are you doing?" He started pinging precisely   the map in rows and column for the entirety of the match, and i mean something like 4-5000 pings). 

And wg just replyed me: our bot detection is automated, so we can't  do anything about that.

So have fun...

Imho this kind of naming should be allowed, because wg should be way more harsh against this kind of behaviour 

Edit

This has been the answer i received to my ticket ( clearly a copy-paste stuff). My ticket was with a replay too

"I'm sorry that you feel like another player had an unfair advantage on you. After reviewing your case, I need to inform you that we don't manually investigate in such cases, since this is automatically controlled by our system, which constantly looks for players who are using illegal modifications. I can ensure you that everything that concerns this matter is handled by the system."

Edited by Flavio1997

[DMOK]
[DMOK]
Players
448 posts
19,735 battles

I am amazed how many stick to the naming and shaming rule . Now all ask yourself did you mob others in school ? Did you tell bad stuff about whoever to some friends ect. ? If the answer is yes dont throw stones cause of naming and shaming.

We are all  no saints .

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
Just now, Drake847 said:

I am amazed how many stick to the naming and shaming rule . Now all ask yourself did you mob others in school ? Did you tell bad stuff about whoever to some friends ect. ? If the answer is yes dont throw stones cause of naming and shaming.

We are all  no saints .

You may want to try and make sense when you post, as in, something relating to the topic at hand.

Can not see what my school days have to do with naming and shaming on a forum.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,407 posts
7,851 battles
3 minutes ago, Drake847 said:

We are all  no saints .

no I am not the type of person who would badmouth anyone behind his/her back so I am safe to inform him that this is not the way to go.

Also this doesn't mean that I only do it to police the forums and enforcing WGs rules (heck I am far away from that). Most of the times I do this it is a friendly reminder/hint that this kind of posting could get the OP into trouble. (like in moderation/warning points etc.)

Also it just is spam for the forum because it does nothing here except braking the rules as we can't do anything real about that player. Only effective way of dealing with this is sending a ticket to support.