You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wilkinson87

What about a T9 Ranked below rank 10?

48 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
1,351 posts
17,305 battles
2 minutes ago, Wilkinson87 said:

I was wondering, whats people opinion about this.

Personally I'm against T9 to be used in ranked simple because ships like Black & Missouri. If WG wanted two tiers in ranked I would prefer T6 & T8 instead.

• Cool 12

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,519 battles
33 minutes ago, Wilkinson87 said:

I would be thrilled if a season in ranked would be T9...

26 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Personally I'm against T9 to be used in ranked simple because ships like Black & Missouri. If WG wanted two tiers in ranked I would prefer T6 & T8 instead.

..but this really could be a problem. And if they would exclude all premiums from it, I can imagine the backlash about it. But I really would like at least to see  one season of ranked in T9's, no matter are the premiums included or not. I find many of T9's interesting and this would be a perfect chance to use some of those ships sitting in my port.

EDIT : And tbh, I've been secretly waiting for someone to put this in here.

Players
961 posts
4,972 battles
25 minutes ago, fumtu said:

This so much. Also have fun going up against Musashis. That thing alone completely breaks t9. And another thing: a lot of t9s are Pretty darn bad. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,100 posts
8,555 battles
29 minutes ago, fumtu said:

.....and Musashi, Kronstadt and Alsace. I much rather see a ranked season at T5 or 6. So fed up with all this focus on T10!

Ranked - T10

Clanwars - T10

Wanna grind any legendary modules? - T10!!!

Shark Vs. Eagles event - Best value for your battles? T10!!!

I love my Hinden to death but even that ships is getting boring when thats that only tier you play....

• Cool 7

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,230 posts
6,768 battles

Then grind other tier 10 ?

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,140 posts
4,424 battles

T9 ranked battles are highly unlikely as according to WG, players dom't keep their T9 ships. And as other have said, the T9 premium are all too good ...

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,426 battles
44 minutes ago, fumtu said:

I'm 100% for ranked at tier 9 as I have about 8 ships at tier 9  4 of which need completing to unlock tier X for Clan battles but with Ranked and Clan battles back to back do not get the time.

But yes many of the Supper prems at tier 9 are a match bracker....

I see no Reason why WG could not lock ships like Missouri/Musashi and Black out of ranked battles so they cant be used

• Cool 3

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,519 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

I'm 100% for ranked at tier 9 as I have about 8 ships at tier 9  4 of which need completing to unlock tier X for Clan battles but with Ranked and Clan battles back to back do not get the time.

But yes many of the Supper prems at tier 9 are a match bracker....

I see no Reason why WG could not lock ships like Missouri/Musashi and Black out of ranked battles so they cant be used

The only thing I can think of is

6 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

T9 ranked battles are highly unlikely as according to WG, players dom't keep their T9 ships.

And if the prems would be excluded, the river of feedback could be "interesting". But, like you, I have many T9's in port and I personally like some of those so much, that I bought them back to port and am playing them occasionally / everytime I have the chance.

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
191 posts
5,060 battles

Sometimes T9 better like T10, example Fletcher.I prefer more that destroyer then gearing.And i only got Krohnstadt few days ago....okay Its a premium ship but I love it:)

Players
1,784 posts
6,834 battles
1 hour ago, Wilkinson87 said:

T6 or T8 would be better.  Tier 6 would get ALOT more clans and players involved which will make alot of junior clan happy.  But that wouldn't bring the money in as much for WG.  8 is more premium Ship territory and don't wanna turn it into PTW clan battles.  Something which tier 10 is excluded from and pretty balanced.  

Tier 9 is a mixed bag of very strong free/Premium XP ships and pants ones. Musashi, Kronstadt, Black and Missouri on one side and the likes of the Ibuki, FDG, Izumo and Iowa on the other side of the fence.(IMHO).  

Musashi as the BB would just wreck face at tier 9.  As least at tier 10 against the Yam you have cruiser that can Spam it at longer range, not so much at tier 9. And another radar in the team for free in the Missouri?

Seeing teams full of XP ships with the Buffalo's, Donkeys and Flechers will be fun :Smile_hiding:

But hey why not, change is good sometimes but tier 9 might be one of the worse tiers to pick (Tier 7 being the worst IMHO). 

38 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

If they can exclude a whole line of silver ships (CV's) then they can do whatever they want IMHO.  He who pays the piper picks the tunes.

:cap_tea:

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, fumtu said:

i am for exactly for these reasons :Smile_trollface:

you know that they are perfectly balanced, otherwise WG wouldnt put them out :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
611 posts
6,851 battles

Why not remove all premiums from ranked and clan battles, so all players will have to use own skills to win :)

[MJK]
Players
216 posts
7,465 battles
2 hours ago, Wilkinson87 said:

Im all for it, I love all the t9 DDs. Dont have the Black but who cares. Sure you would have a lot of radar but the duration and range is at least lower then t10.

My favorite tier would be t4 though :cap_viking:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles

Tier IX isn't a good tier for competitive style gameplay for two big reasons:

• Strong premiums at the tier (Missouri, Musashi or reward ships like the Black).
  • How many people keep their tier IX ships after getting the tier X?

The former could be adressed be excluding premiums, but that would only excerbate the second issue. I naturally can't talk for everyone, but I personally don't keep tier IX ships around, or at the very least I always respecialize my captain to the tier X.

At least for me, a tier IX Ranked/CB environment would mean I'd have to buy back a couple ships (if the premiums were to be exlcuded, which they should because they're incredibly powerful in many cases) AND either spend a lot of time respecializing my go-to captains back to those ships (which would mean they'd be unavailable for my regular tier Xs for the duration of the season, not something I'd like) or spend a lot of elite commander XP to boost up new captains for ships that I won't be playing much at all outside the competitive season.

None of that is something I'd be looking forward to.

Personally I believe tier VI is a far better choice as one of the arguably best balanced tiers (which also happens to not have any radar ships which would be a welcome meta change).

• Cool 3

Players
3,702 posts
7,352 battles

I wonder if WG might consider letting us use T10 rental ships like they do with CW, not everybody has a port full of T10 ships and those that do don't always have the right one for the ranked meta.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
4,316 posts
5,395 battles
2 hours ago, NoirLotus said:

T9 ranked battles are highly unlikely as according to WG, players dom't keep their T9 ships. And as other have said, the T9 premium are all too good ...

Well, there's little reason to keep ships that practically get almost always matched with T10 and can be downright frustrating compared to T10. 

Still, I'd rather it wasn't T10 in ranked.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,230 posts
6,768 battles

T10 and t6 are the most balanced tier overall. 8 have too many strong premium, 9 have few competitive cruisers compared to how strong BB are, 7 got retarded ships (premium or not), 5 is too low and got GC and some stupid ship like that.

Frankly I like tier 10 ranked, but what I don't like is the irrevocable rank 10 we got last season. You were stuck with the idiots til you got to R5, and that was absolutely awful.

Well, I do have Henri, DM, Worsauce, Retardburg, République, Montana, Yamato, YueYang, Kebabvosk and soon Zao and Harugumo, so I have all the choices I want... 

1 hour ago, Systergummi said:

My favorite tier would be t4 though :cap_viking:

Worse tier ever. Way too many sealclubbing ship there. It's just the most unbalanced tier in the game, even tier 7 would be better.

[POI--]
Players
4,316 posts
5,395 battles
50 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

T10 and t6 are the most balanced tier overall. 8 have too many strong premium, 9 have few competitive cruisers compared to how strong BB are, 7 got retarded ships (premium or not), 5 is too low and got GC and some stupid ship like that.

Frankly I like tier 10 ranked, but what I don't like is the irrevocable rank 10 we got last season. You were stuck with the idiots til you got to R5, and that was absolutely awful.

Well, I do have Henri, DM, Worsauce, Retardburg, République, Montana, Yamato, YueYang, Kebabvosk and soon Zao and Harugumo, so I have all the choices I want... 

Worse tier ever. Way too many sealclubbing ship there. It's just the most unbalanced tier in the game, even tier 7 would be better.

T2 ranked?

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
5,436 battles

Tier 6 ranked would also be my prefered tier. No massive premium spam, and almost all of the silver ships are fully viable. 

Tier 5 could be fun, but with the large amount of powercreep and really strong reward/premium ships (Kamikaze-Fujin clones, Cesare, Gremlin, Oktoberuskajaaxaxa to name some) I still se it as a very premium dominated tier. Still a bit better than smoke-radar-hydro-clubbed by Saipans hell that is ranked tier 7.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,285 posts
10,752 battles

Ranked T2 ... Mikasa ftw :etc_red_button:

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles

Does this have anything to do with Flamu making a T10 rage video ?:cap_hmm:

T10 ranked seasons makes perfect sense. Ppl need/want to grind Legendary modules. So you can do that while playing ranked. If ranked would be T8 only, you would need to play T8 ranked AND T10 on top of that to continue your legendary module grind.

Now you can have both in one, which i think is fine.

Beta Tester
216 posts
4,056 battles

T7 was also interesting for ranked, until Belfast and Flint happened.........

My vote also goes to T6 and/or T8 for ranked.

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Does this have anything to do with Flamu making a T10 rage video ?:cap_hmm:

T10 ranked seasons makes perfect sense. Ppl need/want to grind Legendary modules. So you can do that while playing ranked. If ranked would be T8 only, you would need to play T8 ranked AND T10 on top of that to continue your legendary module grind.

Now you can have both in one, which i think is fine.

Flamu never raged. He voiced some very legitimate concerns in a calm and collected manner - which at worst could be called a rant. WG have gimped themselves by making more than 90% of their own ship content a frustrating and largely pointless choice to play. Good luck with that WG...

The video in question

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles
6 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

Flamu never raged. He voiced some very legitimate concerns in a calm and collected manner - which at worst could be called a rant. WG have gimped themselves by making more than 90% of their own ship content a frustrating and largely pointless choice to play. Good luck with that WG...

If you dont understand why WG WANTS us to play T10, then its futile to argue about it.

Its a good way that ppl need to spend money on the game, even when you are at the end. Even tho i dont see an "endgame" in WoWs, since the game doesnt end ever.