Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
McCabbage

British tier VIII premium ship HMS Vanguard

40 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,232 posts
3,385 battles

I agree. But don't go around buying premiums with 55 battles please.

• Cool 4

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles

Try Duke of York, very very good ship. Worth every rubel you invest.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
65 posts
5,875 battles
1 hour ago, Mandalorianer said:

Try Duke of York, very very good ship. Worth every rubel you invest.

Not exactly sure how a grossly inferior knockoff version of the KGV is in any way a "very very good ship" but ok. Unless this was to deliberately troll the newbie.

Players
65 posts
5,875 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Nothing wrong with DoY. 

Other than being a significantly worse version of the KGV.

[SCRUB]
3,232 posts
3,385 battles
1 minute ago, Adaera42 said:

Which, considering how overpowered the KGV is, still means that DoY is a perfectly fine ship to have as a prem.

[TTT]
Players
4,108 posts
7,842 battles
4 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

Which, considering how overpowered the KGV is, still means that DoY is a perfectly fine ship to have as a prem gotten for free.

ftfy :Smile-_tongue:

I definitely wouldnt pay money for it...

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,365 battles
11 minutes ago, Adaera42 said:

If youre a pussy that uses HE sure, but if youre a man and use AP DoY is 10x better because of those sweet improved auto bounce/ricochet angles 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
3,232 posts
3,385 battles
12 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

ftfy :Smile-_tongue:

I definitely wouldnt pay money for it...

Yeah, well... I didn't get it when the campaign was on, I wasn'T home for most of it :(

Players
3,700 posts
7,341 battles
10 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

Yeah, well... I didn't get it when the campaign was on, I wasn'T home for most of it :(

I think I've played it in co-op once or twice, not worth the grind.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,365 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Wasn't the problem with Vanguard the fact she'd have Warspite's guns 2 Tiers up? 

Kinda. Shed have supercharges tho, so higher velocity, pen and alpha will help somewhat. As you say that is the main balancing act when it comes to Vanguard.

Hull is almost tier 9 level of HP and AA, so at least theres that to help balance the guns.

[SCRUB]
3,232 posts
3,385 battles
1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

Thought this was actually a Vanguard announcement :Smile_amazed:

I wish

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,365 battles
6 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

I wish

WG isnt ready yet to handle Vanguard. So Im happy theyre not doing it yet to be honest.

[SCRUB]
3,232 posts
3,385 battles
2 minutes ago, Affeks said:

WG isnt ready yet to handle Vanguard. So Im happy theyre not doing it yet to be honest.

I agree

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

When I first started playing WOWS, I was mildly surprised not to find Vanguard in the game already - I would have thought a lot of Brits would bite your hand off (once they'd got Warspite, Hood etc out of their systems)...?

[DREAD]
Players
5,829 posts
5,251 battles
4 minutes ago, Affeks said:

You don’t think so? You’d get 75% Firechance, 20m Surface Detection and Zombie-Heal. I think WG knows what they are doing as long it is about British ships.

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I would have thought a lot of Brits would bite your hand off (once they'd got Warspite, Hood etc out of their systems)...?

They still haven't done Dreadnought, ffs. WG seems to be much more concerned about how they flog these boats to a disinterested US and Asian market (playstyle gimmicks) than to an EU server which would excited by having that particular ship. 

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,836 posts
4,219 battles
3 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

Which, considering how overpowered the KGV is

What are you smoking and can I have some? I'm sure KGV does something well but I haven't worked out what it is yet. Very frustrating ship to play and make work, and no fear at all when I see her on the enemy team. Maybe just not my cup of tea, but certainly not what I would call overpowered.

Beta Tester
5,081 posts
2,939 battles
3 hours ago, Affeks said:

Kinda. Shed have supercharges tho

Since everytime Vanguard is brought up 112% of British citizens start spamming threads with these super-charges I did a bit of research because I haven't really heard of them being used at all or being that much of a game changer.

And, as far as I've read, they weren't used by Vanguard ever now have they ? No ship ever shot a single shot, even in training, with a supercharge. Besides, it would seem that they were never issued to guns that elevated at 30° because of barrel wear and stress and stuff, which would mean that Vanguard not only never fired them but probably never even carried any in the first place.

I don't have many sources on subject but the few I have have proven to be very accurate on many other subjects and I couldn't find any remotely reliable source to contradict them. So why is everyone claiming Vanguard, if implemented, should get supercharges ? There's absolutely no reason she should considering she never carried, used, or had anything to do with them.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
5 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

I agree. But don't go around buying premiums with 55 battles please.

Indeed this. Build up far more player experience before jumping into a premium vessel OP. You'll hurt yourself and your team. If you want to spend money I highly recommend buying premium account first.

[SCRUB]
3,232 posts
3,385 battles
43 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

Since everytime Vanguard is brought up 112% of British citizens start spamming threads with these super-charges I did a bit of research because I haven't really heard of them being used at all or being that much of a game changer.

And, as far as I've read, they weren't used by Vanguard ever now have they ? No ship ever shot a single shot, even in training, with a supercharge. Besides, it would seem that they were never issued to guns that elevated at 30° because of barrel wear and stress and stuff, which would mean that Vanguard not only never fired them but probably never even carried any in the first place.

I don't have many sources on subject but the few I have have proven to be very accurate on many other subjects and I couldn't find any remotely reliable source to contradict them. So why is everyone claiming Vanguard, if implemented, should get supercharges ? There's absolutely no reason she should considering she never carried, used, or had anything to do with them.

They weren't issued to Vanguard during her career, but provisions were made for her to carry them in case of conflict (handling equipment, mounts reinforced to take the stress of firing at 30° elevation). Also, realistically, in game she'd need to have them, because T8 is really the only place where you can fit this ship. 

Sign in to follow this