You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TerryCox

Clan Leader gone AWOL

37 comments in this topic

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
11,135 battles

I have done a search to find the answer, but couldn't find anything definitive. So yeah, Clan commander and deputy commander have not been in game for 306 days and 49 days respectively, I have messaged both but without reply. Is there a way to have leadership changed without their involvement or are the rest of the clan screwed? Thanks in advance.  

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
Just now, TerryCox said:

I have done a search to find the answer, but couldn't find anything definitive. So yeah, Clan commander and deputy commander have not been in game for 306 days and 49 days respectively, I have messaged both but without reply. Is there a way to have leadership changed without their involvement or are the rest of the clan screwed? Thanks in advance.  

Taking in to account that making a clan costs 2500 bloons, I highly doubt it unless the owner transfers it to you.

I mean, its better for WG to simply "encourage" you to make a new one by arguing ownership of paid for goods.

• Cool 3

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
Just now, NoirLotus said:

In WoT, you can do it by submitting a ticket to the support.

I would suggest this too, put your case forth OP and see what support says, keep us posted please?

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
11,135 battles

Thanks for the replies, I did look through the support section,  but the support ticket options available don't suggest a solution, but I shall give it a try.

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
1 minute ago, TerryCox said:

Thanks for the replies, I did look through the support section,  but the support ticket options available don't suggest a solution, but I shall give it a try.

Just use whatever allows you to imput text, "my question is not listed" or something on that range.

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,230 battles

Our clan has a Facebook page and we have befriended one another, I do not suppose you have one too? A social network would make it easier to find them. If not - not much we can help with. Contact WeeGee like others had suggested and let us know of the results. But to be fair - it would be a much better idea to simply create one of your own. How many members do you have on a daily basis?Take all of the pro-active members and form a new clan with better leadership. 

• Cool 2

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
2 hours ago, OttoZander said:

Take all of the pro-active members and form a new clan with better leadership. 

This .... if you have enough active members you'll bounce back soon enough

• Cool 2

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
11,135 battles

Finally got a reply from Wargaming in regards to our AWOL Commander.

"Thank you for contacting us. 

You should contact the clan leader regarding your issue we can not help you with this situation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards"

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
7 minutes ago, TerryCox said:

You should contact the clan leader regarding your issue we can not help you with this situation.

Best Regards"

Any Ideas @MrConway / other suggestions?

That is interesting issue, since commander can go absent for many reasons, including sudden and unexpected departure from Planet Earth, due to unforseen circumstances. Like lorry appearing out of nowhere. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
11,135 battles

Anyone know how to do "remote viewing", or maybe i could try a  seance? As messaging the Leader on here has failed. i hold no grudge to the commander, things happen, just hope it's nothing serious, but you'd think Wargaming would be able to help?

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
11,135 battles
3 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Why don't you just join another clan? 

mike.gif

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester
1,835 posts
5,303 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Why don't you just join another clan? 

Why haven't you uninstalled the game yet? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles

It seems that the creator is the owner of a clan, because he paid for it. So you can't simply take his clan from him, and WG will not help. The only solution is to create new clan (and pay again :cap_money:).

[-TAP-]
Players
76 posts
4,754 battles
2 hours ago, TerryCox said:

mike.gif

Ah, Spaced. Wonďeeful series, up there with Black Books in my opinion. Incidentally that was "wonderful" but my phone weirdly auto-corrected to that word, and I was intrigued by it.

Players
3,697 posts
7,337 battles
5 hours ago, TerryCox said:

Best Regards"

Nice to see that WG support read the tickets:

• player: we can't contact our clan leader;
  • WG: we can't help you, please contract your clan leader.
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Beta Tester
4,461 posts
9,768 battles

Clans are bought with real money, so it would be pretty strange to let someone else just take it away from you.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,268 battles

With clans being bought with real money, once the leadership goes AWOL the best solution is to join another clan. You could setup another clan, but it is very difficult to recruit because they are so many clans out their already. If you are interested in participating in clan battles and have a good natured attitude and are fairly active, your stats would fit in very well in our clan @TerryCox

• Cool 1

Players
837 posts
8,515 battles
4 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Why haven't you uninstalled the game yet? :Smile_trollface:

Touche. ;) But my ghost stays behind on the forum to annoy you guys. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles
2 hours ago, Capra76 said:

Nice to see that WG support read the tickets:

• player: we can't contact our clan leader;
  • WG: we can't help you, please contract your clan leader.

pfff, expecting support to actually read tickets... :Smile_coin:

Like me submitting a bug in CBT and not being able to upload the replay because it was limited to only 2mb and replay files are larger. So I uploaded it and gave them the link. About 4 tickets back and forth of them asking for the replay and me explaining I couldn't upload it (even zipped up) and that I included it in the link... Was kinda the last time I tried to report a bug. (The bug was on Two Brothers, where I beached inside an island if youre curious).

Back to the topic... I do think @nambr9 has a point... what if something happens to the clan leader? I mean, deputies can still do stuff I guess, but still. Then again, you can have two clan leaders. I just feel there are certainly situations where the clan leader can't come online anymore and a clan then has a problem.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,906 posts
7,759 battles
19 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

pfff, expecting support to actually read tickets... :Smile_coin:

Like me submitting a bug in CBT and not being able to upload the replay because it was limited to only 2mb and replay files are larger. So I uploaded it and gave them the link. About 4 tickets back and forth of them asking for the replay and me explaining I couldn't upload it (even zipped up) and that I included it in the link... Was kinda the last time I tried to report a bug. (The bug was on Two Brothers, where I beached inside an island if youre curious).

Back to the topic... I do think @Skyllon has a point... what if something happens to the clan leader? I mean, deputies can still do stuff I guess, but still. Then again, you can have two clan leaders. I just feel there are certainly situations where the clan leader can't come online anymore and a clan then has a problem.

fixd ;)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

fixd ;)

Well, I have to show I'm a scrub somehow :fish_boom:

Guess that teaches me to try to post while playing CBs :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
11,135 battles

Like I said in the OP, the Commander has been gone for 308 days and the deputy commander 51, so we are double screwed, plus a few of the recruiters have been missing. Hopefully we#re close to finding a solution.

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
13 minutes ago, TerryCox said:

Like I said in the OP, the Commander has been gone for 308 days and the deputy commander 51, so we are double screwed, plus a few of the recruiters have been missing. Hopefully we#re close to finding a solution.

I see the response from WG, hate to be right.

You already have offers from active clans, so dont think mine would be interesting.

If YOU are close to finding a solution good for you, dont include WG in that "we're close to finding a solution", their answer is most likely final.