You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Au revoir, you old standalone launcher. The "Wargaming Game Center" will be forced upon us all in the near future

283 comments in this topic

[HOTEL]
[HOTEL]
Players
36 posts
1,301 battles
6 hours ago, EdiJo said:

I don't think you can show me any gain for me from "upgrading" to WGC, and most possibly some of my requirements are not met by WGC. 

The WGC might just not be beneficial in all its features for everyone, and it doesn't claim to be. If your device does not meet the minimum requirements, you will have to upgrade your device or cannot use the service. Maybe it's time for a new hard drive, or some cleaning up. It's not like 250GB SSDs are expensive anymore. Even 500GB Evos come in at less than 100 bucks these days.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
7 hours ago, EdiJo said:

rabble rabble

Looks like you are going to start doing those thing you say you dont do, or stop playing, how about that...

[KAKE]
Players
1,276 posts
3,504 battles
7 hours ago, EdiJo said:

More important than RAM is possible spikes in CPU/disk usage, plus disk space (especially that WoWS really has to be installed on SSD to shorten game loading times, and those disks are still relatively very small). 

Eh. Don't really agree. I guess it depends on your overall setup, but on a reasonably specced setup it shouldn't be a problem to have it installed on an HDD.

I have it installed on an SSD on the desktop, but on the laptop I have it installed on the HDD because the SSD in that one is pretty small. I never have issues with game loading times. Yeah, it takes a bit more time to load on the laptop, but I'm still ready long before the timer runs out.

Even on an older, somewhat slower laptop that I borrowed while visiting friends, loading times were never a problem.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,573 posts
15,115 battles

I have an old hitachi 2tb hdd as single disk in pc and all runs reasonablly quick, i was pondering ssd upgrade of late but i just can’t be bothered i guess i ll swap it out when this drive kicks the bucket,  16 gb of RAM seem to smooth things out only the first load of the day is a bit slower all others are Done long before the battle starts

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,566 posts
6,889 battles
On 2.8.2018 at 3:45 PM, El2aZeR said:

Have to be honest, I'm probably one of the few guys here who have never experienced any problems with the game center?

I mean for me it's just switching from one launcher to another and I have more than enough harddrive space to spare.

I can understand others taking issues with this however.

Same here... I mean, it's just a download client? xD

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
6,850 battles

A little bit...

standalone?embedded=1&access_hash=8d0b17

...but...

Vzj4VrC5x18gdgtB3hY4XtfHu7Be26DOzDQa6qD-

...yeah sure tell me more about this shiny new forced launcher Wargaming... (not my pic - from reddit 23.08.2018)

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
5,087 posts
11,214 battles

Wow, one has a problem with it. Amazing.

My GC updated the game today without problem, so what now?

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
6,850 battles
6 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Wow, one has a problem with it. Amazing.

My GC updated the game today without problem, so what now?

Someone didn't read the thread... :etc_red_button:

"WoW one has no problems with it. Amazing!"