You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TZB77

Discrimination/racism

123 comments in this topic

[ARS]
Players
63 posts
4,613 battles

So...one of   my last games  I  played....one guy   on MY  team was  being racist....and not joking about it...so  I   told him  to stop it.....he didn't (obviously)....so I  reminded him this is a  community  where  everyone respects everyone....he kept  going  on....then  I said (it was the start of the battle  and he kept going)....I would put  one salvo in him  if  he kept going racist....and he did....and  I did....and I went  pink....just  putting it out there....this is just ridiculous....imho at least....and I think racists should be banned, instead of giving ppl going into  it    a    'pink   walk  of shame'...yes....his  disrespect...I fully back up my 1 salvo...tbh....I did  not  kill the silly  racist guy you know....

what do you guys  think?

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,906 posts
7,759 battles

I think you should screenshot (or replay) and report him via support.

You shooting at him and being penalized by automated system ... well, you dont have a solid ground for complaining imho.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
1 minute ago, TZB77 said:

So...one of   my last games  I  played....one guy   on MY  team was  being racist....and not joking about it...so  I   told him  to stop it.....he didn't (obviously)....so I  reminded him this is a  community  where  everyone respects everyone....he kept  going  on....then  I said (it was the start of the battle  and he kept going)....I would put  one salvo in him  if  he kept going racist....and he did....and  I did....and I went  pink....just  putting it out there....this is just ridiculous....imho at least....and I think racists should be banned, instead of giving ppl going into  it    a    'pink   walk  of shame'...yes....his  disrespect...I fully back up my 1 salvo...tbh....I did  not  kill the silly  racist guy you know....

what do you guys  think?

So you got triggered, and retaliated and got punished in kind.

Everything seems to be working fine, there are tools to report tools, use them instead of being high and mighty.

You are as intolerant and close minded as the racist dude is.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 4

[ONE2]
Players
2,509 posts
14,976 battles

You could have just reported him for misbehavior in chat as I'm pretty sure some else would have also done so and he would be chat banned automatically. Then open ticket with screenshot, as the others have already said. Problem solved.:cap_hmm:

Shooting at him (I admit temptation would be high) will resolve nothing and just make you pink.:cap_old:

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Players
63 posts
4,613 battles
3 hours ago, Juanx said:

So you got triggered, and retaliated and got punished in kind.

Everything seems to be working fine, there are tools to report tools, use them instead of being high and mighty.

You are as intolerant and close minded as the racist dude is.

how do  you mean?of course I'm intolerant of someone being racist....You're taking the 'freedom of speech' way too far I'm thinking...you must be Murican (no offense). I have living grand parents which lived the ultimate racist stuff, as in the German suppresion....and that's no joke you know....racism in the whole...not done....imho, there's 1 race...the human one :-)

3 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

You could have just reported him for misbehavior in chat as I'm pretty sure some else would have also done so and he would be chat banned automatically. Problem solved.:cap_hmm:

true...but I wouldn't even know how to do that in game :-)

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,704 posts
9,928 battles

First, too many dots ...

Second, you must be new to the internet. There's douchecanoes everywhere.

Third, report him for misbehaviour in chat.

Fourth, don't shoot at teammates (even if they're being jerks) because the automated TK system doesn't discriminate.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,509 posts
14,976 battles
6 minutes ago, TZB77 said:

Really? Well, take up the team list (the thingy that show you all our and the nemy's ships and players) - Press TAB to toggle it on and off, right click on his name and choose option "Misbehavior in Chat" from the drop-down menu. :cap_like:

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles

how do  you mean?of course I'm intolerant of someone being racist....You're taking the 'freedom of speech' way too far I'm thinking...you must be Murican (no offense). I have living grand parents which lived the ultimate racist stuff, as in the German suppresion....and that's no joke you know....racism in the whole...not done....imho, there's 1 race...the human one :-)

And you shot a green ship, and got punished accordingly.

You seem to have anger management issues if you can get triggered by nobody on the internet.

Also, words are not actions, dont compare anything said on the internet to anything that happened on real life, I know you love to do it, but its not real.

[ARS]
Players
63 posts
4,613 battles
6 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I think you should screenshot (or replay) and report him via support.

You shooting at him and being penalized by automated system ... well, you dont have a solid ground for complaining imho.

I know...but he did deserve it...apparently the 'system' does make a difference...way back I did get pink because of shooting a friendly...and then it took about 5 battles or some to get back....now it's good after 1 battle :-)

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,836 posts
4,219 battles
Just now, TZB77 said:

In team screen, right click the player, report, misbehaviour in chat. You have a limited number of reports, but if someone says something really racist I dump all my available reports for the day on them. Simple. Don't retaliate, don't sink to his level, report and ignore, done.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Players
63 posts
4,613 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

First, too many dots ...

Second, you must be new to the internet. There's douchecanoes everywhere.

Third, report him for misbehaviour in chat.

Fourth, don't shoot at teammates (even if they're being jerks) because the automated TK system doesn't discriminate.

I know dude...and no, not new to the internet lol...watched it being born :-) But it's ok...thx for the reply :-)

• Cool 1

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

What do you expect? You're playing a game, where people sail around under the flags of... democratically challenged nations all day long, that is made by a company who apparently has no issues with putting ships involved in the torture of civilians in their game to top it of. Did you seriously expect to enter a realm of enlightenment? Respect is no part of this game and for the most part not of its community neither. Sad, but true and I don't see how having illusions about it is going to help.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,993 posts
2,737 battles

As previously stated, this is a matter for WG support, not the forums. Not a *edited* thing we can do about it.

[ARS]
Players
63 posts
4,613 battles
3 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

What do you expect? You're playing a game, where people sail around under the flags of... democratically challenged nations all day long, that is made by a company who apparently has no issues with putting ships involved in the torture of civilians in their game to top it of. Did you seriously expect to enter a realm of enlightenment? Respect is no part of this game and for the most part not of its community neither. Sad, but true and I don't see how having illusions about it is going to help.

Well, after playing this game for over 2 years...this is honestly the first encounter with blatant racism....just saying...I was shocked...

3 hours ago, lafeel said:

As previously stated, this is a matter for WG support, not the forums. Not a *edited* thing we can do about it.

WG support does not help, was just asking for views of kindred spirits you know...

3 hours ago, TZB77 said:

WG support does not help, was just asking for views of kindred spirits you know...

what  else is a forum for? 

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles

Well, after playing this game for over 2 years...this is honestly the first encounter with blatant racism....just saying...I was shocked...

So all you played in 2 years is coop? Because if you tell us all now that in 2 years this is the first instance of something of that type in chat, let me tell you, you are lying, or were not paying attention.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,993 posts
2,737 battles
Just now, TZB77 said:

Have you tried asking? And while I agree such behaviour is detestible, unfortunately for all we know there might be some folks around here that either don't give a *edited* or even approve of it..

[CATS]
Players
15,845 posts
11,167 battles
15 minutes ago, TZB77 said:

what do you guys  think?

That you should not break the rules.

If enough people report people like him, he gets a chat ban and you do not get pink...

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Players
63 posts
4,613 battles
Just now, Juanx said:

So all you played in 2 years is coop? Because if you tell us all now that in 2 years this is the firs instance of something of that type in chat, let me tell you, you are lying, or were not paying attention.

thx for the saltiness....but....no...I'm playing random...and yes, this is the first time I encountered a racist....

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

If enough people report people like him, he gets a chat ban and you do not get pink...

Dang it pete, the world is coming to an end, we very seldom agree on anything.

Just now, TZB77 said:

thx for the saltiness....but....no...I'm playing random...and yes, this is the first time I encountered a racist....

Yeah no you are lying, you can find racism in every second match, people talk about eastern europeans, russians and all the rest in pretty derogatory terms, as said, you were not paying attention.

So, Im the salty one, not the dude posting some "I got triggered and punished, be my friend" post, ok...

[ARS]
Players
63 posts
4,613 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

just couldn't leave it like that you know...hate  racists....certainly guys that boast about it ....my mistake, I know

Beta Tester
1,993 posts
2,737 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

This, two wrongs do not make a right @TZB77

[ARS]
Players
63 posts
4,613 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

This, two wrongs do not make a right @TZB77

very true...and I tend to follow it  up  with...but...but I won't ...very true !