Sign in to follow this  
Eexhaton

Izyaslav captain build request

6 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
1,302 battles

Hi,

I'm a little lost, looking for a pure/dedicated Izyaslav captain build.
I have a 10pt captain so far, and was thinking of picking the following:
1: Prev. Maintenance
2: Last Stand

3: Super Intendent
4: Concealment Expert.

Now.. I am really torn here about both SI and CE.
Is CE worth it on a boat with 6.7 km detectability? - And SI really needed? I kinda feel like it does, however, running premium consumables give extra charges...
BFT, DE and SI all three seem really good choices here.
And AFT as well... 

I see Adrenaline Rush getting much praise too, but I'm not one who wants a DPM increase after getting hit. I like to keep a steady increase, like the one BFT provides.
Also I see Survivability Expert getting recommended, but maybe i'm daft and miss the point here.. 1400 extra HP total? That's not a lot.

So, anyone who has some good advice here on what skills to take and which ones to work to?
Thanks in advance!

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles

I have a dedicated Izyaslav captain who also doubles as a Okhotnik captain, my build is set up around the guns.

The first 4 skills I have taken were:

1. Priority Target

2. Last Stand

3. Demolition Expert (9% Fire Chance)

4. Advanced Firing Training (12 km range)

Now, since I'm also using the captain on the Okhotnik I went for Expert Marksman. But since you are going for a pure Izyaslav captain you should consider Basic Firing Training. After that it's dealer's choice, although you won't get too much returns from Concealment Expert (5.8 km) unless you are determined to make the torps work.

You should however really consider Adrenaline Rush and Survivability Expert, to get the most out of your HP. They might not look like much, but having T5 levels of HP at T4 and a way to increase your Dakka when hurt is great.

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
1,302 battles
12 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You should however really consider Adrenaline Rush and Survivability Expert, to get the most out of your HP. They might not look like much, but having T5 levels of HP at T4 and a way to increase your Dakka when hurt is great.

Ok, that is one good way to look at it. Never thought of it like that.
CE plus camo is not doing a lot either, so focus on damage output. 

I did find that when dodging incoming fire, keeping the guns on target is difficult, so I'm thinking of this as a full build now:
1. PM
2. LS
3. BFT
4. AFT (10pt)
5 and beyond: DE, SE, EM and the last point in PT (or EL).

• Cool 2

Players
18 posts
7,924 battles

Izyaslav is my new today discoverd love

rate of fire, 5 guns, fire chance, agility, speed (as for cruiser) torps and all of this in size of DD :)

• Cool 1

[MJK]
Players
215 posts
7,453 battles
On 8/2/2018 at 12:55 PM, Eexhaton said:

Hi,

I'm a little lost, looking for a pure/dedicated Izyaslav captain build.
I have a 10pt captain so far, and was thinking of picking the following:
1: Prev. Maintenance
2: Last Stand

3: Super Intendent
4: Concealment Expert.

Now.. I am really torn here about both SI and CE.
Is CE worth it on a boat with 6.7 km detectability? - And SI really needed? I kinda feel like it does, however, running premium consumables give extra charges...
BFT, DE and SI all three seem really good choices here.
And AFT as well... 

I see Adrenaline Rush getting much praise too, but I'm not one who wants a DPM increase after getting hit. I like to keep a steady increase, like the one BFT provides.
Also I see Survivability Expert getting recommended, but maybe i'm daft and miss the point here.. 1400 extra HP total? That's not a lot.

So, anyone who has some good advice here on what skills to take and which ones to work to?
Thanks in advance!

Its a really fun little ship and I love it to bits. I use the captain on my Bananaboat and Leningrad. Build is 19p:

PM (If you are in a gunboat guns should be blazing and people will be shooting back. The number of people shooting back is not that interesting.)

EM (no longer needed for Izyaslav, but for the premium ships, could be traded for LS).

AR

SE

BFT

AFT

CE (Izyaslav can be played without it but it helps with cap contesting and is a must for Okhotnic).

Sign in to follow this