Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
muffmunchingmegamonster

Point + Click Adventure Game With AP Bombs

18 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
20,478 posts
12,546 battles

If you take it literaly, CV gameplay is point and click. AP bombs did not change that.

And if that is so easy, why do that many players fail that miserable?

• Funny 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

erm... isnt this whole game point and click? i point my guns at enemy and then i click :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,604 posts
7,519 battles
2 minutes ago, robihr said:

erm... isnt this whole game point and click? i point my guns at enemy and then i click :Smile_trollface:

sometimes i even use both mousebuttons :Smile_ohmy:

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If you take it literaly, CV gameplay is point and click. AP bombs did not change that.

And if that is so easy, why do that many players fail that miserable?

If you take it literally, every ship is.

And the least of those in that regard are CVs.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
48 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It would help with the readability, if you put all that information into more than just one single sentence. 

And people would probably take you more seriously then...

there is a comma, so it helps with readability a lot :Smile_trollface:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
1 hour ago, muffmunchingmegamonster said:

broken graf Zep

So broken the only tier 8 CV I would like to see on my team less that GZ being Lex

graf Zep which already over powers the Lexington

Almost all tier 7 CVs (probably all except Ranger) could over power Lex. That doesn't say anything about GZ, it just shows how trash Lex is

but to put tier 7 BB's against AP dropping point and click adventure gamers so as soon as your spotted in a low AA spec ship they prey on you time and time and time again

1) Why can tier 5 ships fight your tier 7s all the time, but your 7s can't fight 8s?

2) Newsflash - there are 11 other ships on your team. Stay with them. if you wonder away on your own magical solo journey it's your own fault you got deleted. Stay with others and you have AA cover even if your ship has none

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles
28 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So broken the only tier 8 CV I would like to see on my team less that GZ being Lex

Imo, it is broken. Not OP, but it certainly is a terrible design that should have been sent back to the drawing board. It's the same as to why I consider Asashio broken, but not OP.

[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
904 posts
8,751 battles
43 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Almost all tier 7 CVs (probably all except Ranger) could over power Lex. That doesn't say anything about GZ, it just shows how trash Lex is

1) Why can tier 5 ships fight your tier 7s all the time, but your 7s can't fight 8s?

2) Newsflash - there are 11 other ships on your team. Stay with them. if you wonder away on your own magical solo journey it's your own fault you got deleted. Stay with others and you have AA cover even if your ship has none

I'm  a cv player, even above average. But to say that the concept of the graf is idiotic is an understatement. NO, AND I MEAN NO tier 8 cv can with a autodrop shave 35k of damage to my FDG with:

-A DM with def aa active ( 2 km from me)

- republique aa ( 4 kms from me, but his bomber went straight for me and above him)

-my aa ( but i was stock, so i doesn't count)

- cv ( shokaku) aa ( i don't  know if with or without def aa)

5 db left...5 cits ( and the fact that you can't  heal that damage because is citadel damage is even more idiotic)

Edit: this is the replay, have fun with it, because i have already posted it here 3 times, but nobody had ever answered it ( don't  consider the results, it has been my 3rd match with it)https://replayswows.com/replay/23576#stats

Edited by Flavio1997

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,986 posts
4,085 battles
2 hours ago, Sigimundus said:

BBaby? :cap_hmm:

To be fair AP bombs are even more devastating to a lot of cruisers than to BBs. The moment that they don't have def AA available quite a few of them become easy oneshots.

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles

CVs are f*ckep up as they are. AP bombs didn't help but didn't make anything worse either. They don't have a place in this game. And judging by 2016 - year of the CV it will never change.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,898 posts
17,009 battles
23 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

AP bombs didn't help but didn't make anything worse either.

Giving CVs a direct counter to the ships that are supposed to counter CVs?

Honestly if that doesn't make things worse, what will?

Yeah, OP is a whiny potato, but his point is still valid. AP bombs in their current iteration are horribly designed.

Take it from the best Enterprise player EU.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
2 hours ago, Riselotte said:

It's the same as to why I consider Asashio broken, but not OP.

As a BB player I count Asashio as so broken that I immediately take that ship as an empty spot. Assashio on a team? That's a 11v12 game right there.

Then again it's exactly the same way how I see a Lexington, go figure :cap_yes:

GZ is "broken" against German BBs, and tbh seeing how massively overplayed, relatively HE-proof and generally un-citadellable they are I don't even mind that. The deleting cruisers part is far worse than that, but it rarely gets any attention

2 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

NO, AND I MEAN NO tier 8 cv can with a autodrop shave 35k of damage to my FDG

Lex has AP bombs, you are in a German BB, so I'm pretty sure she quite likely could. The only difference being that GZ can come in from whatever angle, while Lex would need to line it up correctly on you

shave 35k of damage to my FDG

5 db left...5 cits

Pretty sure GZs AP bombers have 11.1k dmg, don't they? Closest to your 35k would actually be 2 cits + 3 pens (32.2k) or 3 cits + 2 saturated pens (36.6k) assuming all 5 hit you

Replay from 7.4, do you really expect us to be able to play it?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,898 posts
17,009 battles
26 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

GZ is "broken" against German BBs

Oh, GZ is dangerous to much more than KM BBs. In fact thanks to turtleback KM BBs can at least bounce some bombs, ironically making them more likely to survive a strike.

See this list for BBs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/7hizcy/a_proper_look_at_ap_bombs_from_tvii_to_tx/

And with a 35mm fuse pretty much everything but DDs get oneshot on a good hit.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,651 posts
12,626 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That doesn't say anything about GZ, it just shows how trash Lex is

I liked my Lexi :Smile_hiding:

Players
289 posts
27 battles

Hi all,

Thread is closed, because the first post wasn`t constructive (it was even insulting and inappropriate). Please avoid insults in your posts and try to be more constructive in the future. Thank you

Regards, 
Hedko

• Cool 1