MrConway

Public Test 0.7.8 - General Feedback

55 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles

Captains, 

Please leave any general feedback on the public test of 0.7.8 here. Should it concern one of the topics mentioned below, please head to the dedicated thread.

As always you can find a detailed list of the changes that we are testing on our portal: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-078/

[NWP]
Players
4,351 posts
6,233 battles

Can i give a general feedback to the PTS installing procedure?

It says that you need ~20GB of free space. Actually its more like 40GB (30GB isnt even close by a long shot). Maybe should be more accurate on the news, because i dont know what i should do now :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
338 posts

Hi WG.

Ok i know this is a test server game, boy did you waste you time. 

Why has this test got nothing new to test play like new ships/maps or scenarios and missions etc, how boring this test is.

Instead of the seemly worthless stuff in Arsenal, yes the Chopper a must, and can be added any time with other new in game play, still this test seems to be a waste of time to play.

With no new scenarios or new maps even new ships i gave up after two battles it was that boring, that only the new stuff was in the Arsenal and not in battle play and those battles we can play in the main game anyway.

Are you that lost you can't come up with any new things for the game that excites us or do you not read the suggestion forum for ideas.

You keep giving us stuff we never asked for or need, this is not way to go if you want to keep players and the game going. 

Weekend Tester
571 posts
5,245 battles

How do we acquire the special cammos required for "reward on main account #4" mission? It specifies "from the bottom of the ocean" or "arctic", neither of which are available on the PTS. IIRC the only compatible ship is Bismarck, as Hood, Scharnhorst and DoY are not on the PTS either.

I'm sure I've missed something really obvious, but I did check all of the mission rewards and the Arsenal.

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
410 posts

They've decided to make us jump through hoops for that mission.

Step 1. Achieve Rank 1 on the PTS Ranked Battles and be rewarded with 2 copper.

Step 2. Go to the Arsenal "Anniversary" section and use that copper to buy one or both of the camouflages (which are for Z-23 and Edinburgh).

Step 3. Play a battle in either ship with that camouflage applied.

Does feel like they were doubling up on wanting the Ranked tested; have to win 5 battles in a Tier X in that for Reward#3 and have to get to Rank 1 for the copper for Reward#4.  Though you could argue that it's better for progress to count towards more than one reward, so it doubling up could be considered a good thing if you like Ranked.

Alpha Tester
175 posts
5,919 battles

The new captains in the arsenal: I suggest a description what effect such a captain would have on the ship. Probably some cosmetic stuff, but right now I know nothing about any of them. I mean when I'm supposed to buy something I want to know what it does, right?

EDIT: Same goes for all the skins in the Arsenal, I would want to preview it on the ship. 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,820 posts
6,919 battles
2 hours ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Why has this test got nothing new to test

Nothing except for

• New Ranked season
  • Reload Booster on French cruisers t6 through t10
    • Including Charles Baguette and St. Louis reload nerf
  • Anniversary (mostly to do with missions and Arsenal), stuff like:
    • Dasha captains
    • New Signal flags
  • New port (camo) filters
  • Improved UI scaling
  • New perma-camos for some ships

Clearly nothing at all :fish_palm:

1 hour ago, cracktrackflak said:

How do we acquire the special cammos required for "reward on main account #4" mission? It specifies "from the bottom of the ocean" or "arctic", neither of which are available on the PTS. IIRC the only compatible ship is Bismarck, as Hood, Scharnhorst and DoY are not on the PTS either.

I'm sure I've missed something really obvious, but I did check all of the mission rewards and the Arsenal.

It was explained in the Dev Bulletin:

If you gain 1st Rank, you will receive a new resource for the Arsenal of the Public Test—Copper. On the Public Test server only, you will be able to exchange Copper for new permanent camouflage patterns for Tier VIII ships: Z-23—The Last Conquest and Edinburgh—Arctic.

Alpha Tester
175 posts
5,919 battles

In general, and considering especially the new players: it would be nice if the different nations would have an information button (the little *i* in a box), perhaps in the research tab, where I can see their nations speciality, e.g. the HE bonus for Germany and Britain. That way it would be much more transparent and easier to focus on your preference.

Alpha Tester
175 posts
5,919 battles

it seems there is no limit to the amount of duplicate captains I can buy for tokens? Is that intended? 

dasha.png 

As a bonus I get a reserve slot for each captain, so I could just delete any unwanted and have free slots. But hey, free level 10 captains! :D

Intended?

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
571 posts
5,245 battles
6 hours ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

it seems there is no limit to the amount of duplicate captains I can buy for tokens? Is that intended? 

dasha.png 

As a bonus I get a reserve slot for each captain, so I could just delete any unwanted and have free slots. But hey, free level 10 captains! :D

Intended?

Shhhh.......

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
12,881 battles
17 hours ago, cracktrackflak said:

Hi 

You need to get to Rank 1 on the PTS. Then you can add the commos to Z-23 and one other ship in the UK tech tree.

[A-Z]
Players
181 posts

Because there is a mission fully for co-op mode...

High tier games (VIII+) on this mode, is a complete economic and experience disaster. You can go very easy on minus even with premium time and camouflage (even easier than in lost random game).

[ADRIA]
Players
4,820 posts
6,919 battles
30 minutes ago, Amaha said:

Because there is a mission fully for co-op mode...

High tier games (VIII+) on this mode, is a complete economic and experience disaster. You can go very easy on minus even with premium time and camouflage (even easier than in lost random game).

Which is why on PTS you are given more credits than you can spend :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

Players
105 posts
4,058 battles

Port UI is even slower.  Frequently need to Alt-Tab to close client.  As an example, purchase collection item with duplicate keys, success but then can't use the "Close" button. [edit - this has happened more than once, in this specific case]

Leaving game via Esc is a crap shoot - frequently doesn't work

Number of anniversary containers ready to open is out by 1, i.e. shows one too many.

[SWPBC]
[SWPBC]
Alpha Tester
158 posts
7,932 battles

There is a problem with this mission : "Win five Ranked Battles playing Tier X ships."
It took me 4 games with Tiers X ships in ranked to get to rank 1 so now I can no longer play tiers X ranked game making this mission goal unattainable. The only games playable once Rank 1 reached are with Tiers V ships.
This must be fixed. 

image.png.dd3f8d048a1fb89870c6459dfabca031.pngimage.thumb.png.ea3c3ab8b6cfe12c3c60fe68f69d3916.png

image.png.d33d908b805d0e29c692d434b2f06697.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
338 posts
3 hours ago, Benden said:

There is a problem with this mission : "Win five Ranked Battles playing Tier X ships."
It took me 4 games with Tiers X ships in ranked to get to rank 1 so now I can no longer play tiers X ranked game making this mission goal unattainable. The only games playable once Rank 1 reached are with Tiers V ships.
This must be fixed. 

image.png.dd3f8d048a1fb89870c6459dfabca031.pngimage.thumb.png.ea3c3ab8b6cfe12c3c60fe68f69d3916.png

It's not that you can play Tier X ships at rank 1, it's that when you reach rank 1 the tier goes down to a lower tier, i think it's tier VII.

• Cool 1

[SWPBC]
[SWPBC]
Alpha Tester
158 posts
7,932 battles

About the problem with this mission : "Win five Ranked Battles playing Tier X ships." 

image.png.dd3f8d048a1fb89870c6459dfabca031.png

Is it supposed to be feasible in round 2 of the open test ? (means ranked battles would have to be reset).

• Cool 1

Players
171 posts
2,628 battles

:cap_rambo:The only thing that comforts me is the fact that on a normal server on the tenth level there will not be as many campers as there is on tests.
I mean cooperative players who avoid clashes do not cooperate with others, they run away in the moment of danger they hide after a few for 1 rock, they contribute to the defeat of the team.
I played 3 battles on my own today, before he let me out of the game because of the storm over the city.
Others were dying or running away.
It is impossible to play in the rankings.
But on normal there will not be as many cooperators.:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,820 posts
6,919 battles
2 hours ago, Shin_Tekkenson said:

The only thing that comforts me is the fact that on a normal server on the tenth level there will not be as many campers as there is on tests.

Yeah, no. It will be pretty much the exact same situation. It doesn't change

Players
171 posts
2,628 battles

Now the server is played by dozens of players who do not have X tier in a normal server, you can see this after the behavior.
They are cooperative players.
Sometimes I play there on the second to third level as recruiting new people.
They can lose bots.
They do not have X there and it's easy to get them there.
As a result, such a test turns into a nightmare.
Unanswered teams, lack of communication and willingness to cooperate.
Fear of losing a virtual toy.

This is a torment for players who have an idea about the game.
They do not do a lot for themselves with the entire enemy team against each other.
All in all, it's a pity that there are no teams in the ranking.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles
On 8/4/2018 at 2:03 PM, Benden said:

This must be fixed. 

That is unfortunate. I've reported it and we'll make sure you get the reward in any case :)

[OFFS]
Players
127 posts
21,924 battles
On 8/2/2018 at 10:38 PM, Jessa_Doom said:

Hi WG.

Ok i know this is a test server game, boy did you waste you time. 

Why has this test got nothing new to test play like new ships/maps or scenarios and missions etc, how boring this test is.

Oh boy, you are just like the corrector that missed the error in the big title of the book !

The patch is about the scaling of the port items, modules window, chat, division & clan windows etc.  to size of 4k resolution monitors.

IDK how it works as I don't have one, but if implemented now it will certainly drive out/away every player which also has not.

the ship carousel is restricted to 2 lines, if you are in a clan and a division you have to move their windows around all the time to make preparations for the next battle as their windows are to big and cover too much of the work area.

The UI guy must be new in his trade as he made the rookie mistake between scale and resolution.

Mention: I play on a 23 inch 1920x1080 display at its 1/1 resolution. Any increase of the resolution to make UI items smaller would be just plain stupid graphic resources waste since I am already at maximal physical performance.

Players
3,699 posts
7,338 battles
On 04/08/2018 at 1:03 PM, Benden said:

Git gud bad.

[CHAPO]
Players
2 posts

How about unlocked frame-rate or at least ability to set refresh frequency as in tanks.Cause it is really dump to be forced install 3rd party mods to get 144fps ...