MrConway

Ranked Season

27 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles

Captains,

Please leave your feedback on Ranked Season 10 and the new ruleset in this thread.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,817 posts
6,919 battles

A thing we can not test - will Rank 10 be irrevocable again, or did you come to your senses and that abomination will no longer be a thing?

[NUNC]
[NUNC]
Players
11 posts
12,157 battles

Hi,

It"s getting too much Tier 10

I feel forced to play Tier 10 again and again.

1 - CB season 2 - Tier 10

2 - Ranked season 9 - Tier 10

3 - CB season 3 - Tier 10

4 - Getting legendary upgraded - Tier 10

5 - Getting the most out the Sharks vs Eagles thing-  to be most competative you have to play Tier 10

6 - Coming Ranked season 10 - Tier 10

7 - And than we will have CB season 4 at Tier 10?

About season 9:

- I Was not very happy with the choice for T10 at last ranked battle season already.

- Treshold at rank 10 was indeed a bad idea and caused significant gameplay problems.

- I felt damage farming to keep the star was very very present.

- Failing rewardsystem which not was counting team contribution properly.

- For a nonpremium account the economics are too hard to keep up

IMHO it was sometimes a not very enjoyable  ranked season, having fun too often suffered bc these things. 

I hope this WIP will be reviewed and worked over.

Have a nice day!  

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Same opinion...

[A-Z]
Players
181 posts

Seriously? Again same sick setup? Rank battle are the most frustrating, stress generating and time eating part of this game and You again do absolutely nothing to change it. Why? Just tell us why.

And now about PT:

At rank 5. You need to wait 20-25 second for battle, at 4. 3 minit and more. While advancing from rank 5. to rank 4. was fairly easy and possible (just 2 games), that accomplish even a single win on rank 4... its completely impossible (10 lost in a row, I stopped and will not back to this sick mode on PT).

[JR-IT]
Players
134 posts
18,812 battles

No tier X ranked 4ever please.

Too expensive in terms of wasting of time and credits.

Boring gameplay.

Best tier of ever for ranked is tier 8. Enjoyiable and economically acceptable. 

And u know it WG. 

Stop pumping tier X.

THX

• Cool 1

[PINUT]
Players
13 posts
8,149 battles

I am very pleased with Tier VIII and Tier X in ranked. As a CV Tier VI was very boring. I remember a stream in which Papedipupi felt the same. At Tier VIII and X you have so much more to do as a CV. It's a lot more fun with those AP bombs too. Tier VII feels imbalanced cause of Saipan. Let's not forget the Belfast by the way.

Ranked at Tier VI was not enjoyable. All those FUSOs sitting in the back and perma 'sniping'. And as a CV you couldn't do that much. At least not comparable to Tier VIII or X.

I would have liked to be able to test the legendary upgrades on the testserver for ranked. Now I have to wait till ranked is on live server.

As the user 'wilkatis_LV' I would like to know too on which rank the last irrevocable will be placed.

Players
268 posts
On 4.8.2018 at 12:39 PM, Jupiter_Optimus_Maximus said:

At Tier VIII and X you have so much more to do as a CV. It's a lot more fun with those AP bombs too. Tier VII feels imbalanced cause of Saipan. Let's not forget the Belfast by the way.

And don't forget: WG banned T10 CV from clan battles, because they are completely broken and will lead to boring matches in a 7vs7 format.

[PINUT]
Players
13 posts
8,149 battles
Zitat

And don't forget: WG banned T10 CV from clan battles, because they are completely broken and will lead to boring matches in a 7vs7 format.

Let's not forget that there are CVs in the King of the Sea Tournament. I don't think that they are 'completely' broken. It was a mistake to ban CVs from Clan Battles. This ban was criticised by community contributors one of them Flamu. Maybe the format should have been changed to a 9vs9 for it. But I am not convinced of it. The old Team Battles did allow CVs.

For the most time the problem for ships in ranked arises out of poor ship composition and not sufficient AA spec. If you encounter specific ships which are speced AA you as a CV have to avoid them. You will encounter no fly zones. As in King of the Sea Tournament the striking power of a CV would be greatly reduced. The one fact which does allow a CV like Enterprise to shine is uncoordinated play of the enemy teams. How often did I kill a Bismarck or Tirpitz which was leaving his team.

If you compare the win rates of ships for ranked season 9 you can see that the Hakuryu has a lower win rate than the DD Yueyang. Season 9 was by far the hardest season for DDs as many good players like Flambass and Mejash did testify. The abnormal win rates for Graf Zeppelin and Enterprise are due to the high vulnerability of Bismarck and Tirpitz to AP bombs and their very high popularity in ranked. It only adds that in ranked many players do not show the discipline and different mindest if they encounter CVs in their match.

At least for Tier X there is no statistical reason to think that CVs are overpowered. Every argument mounted against CVs in a Tier X 7vs7 format will ultimately fail at this fact.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion and his own flavour. The statement that CVs in Tier X are 'completely' broken is unsubstantiated.

Players
11 posts
2,275 battles

Me personally, I find locking very high ranks behind T10 is doable, but as is the following is not to my satisfaction:

1. Entering ranked T8 and above is ok, but I´d love some lower tiers (maybe T6?) in ranked for some diversity. Also it would be more fun for experienced players as they mostly play around T8+ and would bring diversity and more players into ranked.
2. T10 gameplay as a whole. It is awefully static and gets old very fast. There aren´t many players playing agressively (not that you needed to when looking at firing range and map size) and most are camping - except destroyers. Not to mention the HORRIBLE economy which makes me myself not want to bother with T10 by any means sticking to T8 as highest tier.
3. Too many ranks are locked behind T10. 5 top ranks would do.

4. Speaking of aformentioned economy in T10 gameplay the rewards for games locked behind T10 are far too low (rank 1 excluded from this statement) to justify bringing out a T10 ship.
5. I´d love to see more diverse rewards. I like the creativity like with the Dasha-captain or spaceships :) It mustn´t be ALWAYS usefull (though most should be ;) ).
6. Changing tiers for the ranked season would bring diversity as well. Tier 1 would be funny as hell honestly. It would bring some refreshment for the older players. You could lock the requirement of entering behind the number of games played and not tier to keep newbies out of a dramatic experience since you are logging that statistic anyways.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,817 posts
6,919 battles
13 minutes ago, _ramrus_ said:

Rank10 irrevocable, yaaay

Is it tho? I haven't seen it confirmed or disproven anywhere just yet

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
On 8/6/2018 at 9:45 AM, Jupiter_Optimus_Maximus said:

At least for Tier X there is no statistical reason to think that CVs are overpowered. Every argument mounted against CVs in a Tier X 7vs7 format will ultimately fail at this fact.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion and his own flavour. The statement that CVs in Tier X are 'completely' broken is unsubstantiated.

Yes, there's statistical evidence that tier 10 cvs are OP. COOMPLEEETELY broken. There's a good reason WG is changing them.

Making Rank 10 irrevocable, like last season, is as reasonable as ever too. People complain about it, but it wasn't this irrevocable threshold that made Ranked a bad experience for them last season either.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,817 posts
6,919 battles
10 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

but it wasn't this irrevocable threshold that made Ranked a bad experience for them last season either.

Yes it was.

R10 being irrevocable was easily the worst thing about the last season. Ranks 6-10 were nearly unplayable, as anyone lucky enough could get in and then get stuck. If you ran MM monitor - wasn't rare to see players with 100+ games (later on in the season even 400+ - I'm not sure if that's real determination or just pure insanity) in their t10 ship in that single season with WR somewhere between 20 and 35 % while their highest ranking that season is.... R10. Never even passed into 9.

You see one of those on your team = you know it's done, count this as a loss, just go for "saving the star" immediately

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
On 8/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Yes it was.

R10 being irrevocable was easily the worst thing about the last season. Ranks 6-10 were nearly unplayable, as anyone lucky enough could get in and then get stuck. If you ran MM monitor - wasn't rare to see players with 100+ games (later on in the season even 400+ - I'm not sure if that's real determination or just pure insanity) in their t10 ship in that single season with WR somewhere between 20 and 35 % while their highest ranking that season is.... R10. Never even passed into 9.

You see one of those on your team = you know it's done, count this as a loss, just go for "saving the star" immediately

Like this for all in Ranked. Always complaints about the irrevocable. You'll still see the same players at some point. Changing at what stage you meet them won't change much. If the players are bad enough at some stage, you should be able to breeze through those ranks.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,817 posts
6,919 battles
14 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Like this for all in Ranked. Always complaints about the irrevocable. You'll still see the same players at some point. Changing at what stage you meet them won't change much. If the players are bad enough at some stage, you should be able to breeze through those ranks.

Having 6 potatoes vs 7 potatoes is massively different from having 6 decent players vs 7 decent players. I have nearly no problem with R12 being irrevocable, I have all the problems with R10 being irrevocable

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Having 6 potatoes vs 7 potatoes is massively different from having 6 decent players vs 7 decent players. I have nearly no problem with R12 being irrevocable, I have all the problems with R10 being irrevocable

I don't see there being much difference, but wouldn't mind R12 as irrev. I do believe we'll see the same complaints next season too though, regardless of where they put the irrev.

[BUBS]
Players
20 posts
9,595 battles

I reached rank 1 in test, got all the goodies and bought the special camouflage.

Slight problem, although the camo is showing in my inventory it is not showing in the cam list.

This is the same for both Edinburgh and Z-23

[DCG]
Players
8 posts
11,479 battles

If you make it tier 8 and 10 again it's gonna feel too much like a grind. in my opinion you should make it start at tier 7 and move to 8, 9 and then 10 in the last 5 ranks or so think that would make most people happy. 

better placement of the irrevocable ranks would be a plus, the irrevocable ranks should be placed in the start of course and every time you pass to a new tier of ship. 

Pros: 

1. more tiers add diversity.

2. the smoke meta on tier 7 is gone because of radar ships.

3. tier 9 have never been done in ranked so let's see how that play out. 

4. it won't feel so much like a grind.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles

On 8/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, PatrunjelVerde said:

I have the same issue markvonchef has. Got rank #1  bought both camos but they don't show on the select screen and can't use them

2018-08-12 14_29_13-World of Warships.png

2018-08-12 14_29_36-World of Warships.png

2018-08-12 14_30_03-World of Warships.png

12 hours ago, w0lfie said:

I reached rank 1 in test, got all the goodies and bought the special camouflage.

Slight problem, although the camo is showing in my inventory it is not showing in the cam list.

This is the same for both Edinburgh and Z-23

You need to enable them in the port filter.

[HOB]
1,308 posts
5,806 battles

Remove stars for 6th and 7th place in winning team and give them for 2nd and 3nd place in losing team (so no +/-) or for 1-2 place in winning team as double star.

Higher ranks should be for better players. Not for useless and long playing vegetables.

[BUBS]
Players
20 posts
9,595 battles

Hi MrConway,

I'm sorry I don't understand enabling the camo using the port filter, if I click on port it just takes me to whichever ship I have chosen. In this case Edinburgh or Z-23

w0lfie

[BUBS]
Players
20 posts
9,595 battles
40 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I'm sorry I don't understand, if I click on port it just takes me to the designated ship, in this case Edinburgh or Z-23.

Sorry if you are getting this from multiple sources, I don't often need  to use the forum like this

[BUBS]
Players
20 posts
9,595 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

I got it figured out (with help) thanks a lot I didn't understand about the little cog being the port filter