MrConway

Anniversary Event

11 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles

Captains,

Please leave your feedback on the World of Warships Anniversary event and the attached Arsenal additions in this thread.

Alpha Tester
175 posts
5,919 battles

I'm not quite sure what to make of the 44 anniversary containers I got for 7 matches. The collection and the tokens are generous and I welcomed it, but I have such an excess of tokens (over 300),... I'm not really sure why I would want to buy all of the stuff available besides the point of it being there. Like I said in the PTS topic, there is no information about the captains, do they offer something beyond the picture and a voice? Just saying it could use a bit more attention to sell them to me.

And not to sound greedy, but I would love to see something special for those hardcore token collectors, that would really go all in to get that one item. maybe make (either of?) the 2 skins for Z-23 and Edinburgh available through a big amount of these tokens?

[POP]
Weekend Tester
559 posts

There's a generic issue that is again relevant in the anniversary event: please don't make us choose between fun an effective captains.

I have quite a few captains already. One of them reeks so badly of baby seal remains since his ancient Minekaze days that he only gets to sail ships with open bridges. I still have the dude who first set sail in my first tier X ship. Then there's the guy who crossed the goal line with me the first time I made rank 1. Not to mention all the incredibly cute anime princesses, cats and soon possibly Dashas.

Then there are Jack John Joe Jill Jake Does, who are more effective in combat. And that's why at some point there will be nothing but Jackjoejilldoes. And that sucks.

Very special people such as Yamatomato and Halsey are a bit different thing and Seagull is a meme. However, instead of the number of inevitable "special" captains with no history or nothing else remarkable why not give people skillsets you can assign to an existing captain? For example instead of a "John Doe" to replace one of my current US captain, how about giving me a special US captain skillset I can (permanently) assign to for example the dude who got my first solo warrior? 

Instead of making us choose between fun and effective, how about combining them and then diving deeper? Make a scrapbook for captains with a million different achievements etc., the first WoWs battle, the First T10 battle, solo warriors, captain with a 1000 battles, the cutest anime princesses and so on. And show that stuff on the captains, real soldiers tend to carry all sorts of ribbons from their campaigns. Create stories and history instead of making a real hero obsolete every time you introduce a superior "special" captain.

Thank you thank you, I know, I'm brilliant but that's ok. I'll settle for a million EUR or a few Go Navy premium containers as a reward for the fantastic idea.

• Cool 4

[STAFU]
Players
47 posts
4,617 battles
18 hours ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

I'm not quite sure what to make of the 44 anniversary containers I got for 7 matches. The collection and the tokens are generous and I welcomed it, but I have such an excess of tokens (over 300),... I'm not really sure why I would want to buy all of the stuff available besides the point of it being there. Like I said in the PTS topic, there is no information about the captains, do they offer something beyond the picture and a voice? Just saying it could use a bit more attention to sell them to me.

And not to sound greedy, but I would love to see something special for those hardcore token collectors, that would really go all in to get that one item. maybe make (either of?) the 2 skins for Z-23 and Edinburgh available through a big amount of these tokens?

Don't forget that containers are only handed out like candy on the test server. Currently, it's not clear how many we will see per day when this release moves to the live server.

[A-Z]
Players
181 posts

1. Captain Dasha voice is a bit too quiet. Make it louder for about 20-25%.

I have good audio hardware (Sennheiser HD-800) and in "heavy fight" moments, her voice was quite hard to hear.

2. Anniversary containers have quite long opening animation. Cut it at least by half.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester
435 posts

I'm not sure if it's just me being not lucky enough, but this looks a bit weird... I've been finding a ton of duplicates. The second or third container was already a duplicate.

Dupli.png

[HOTEL]
[HOTEL]
Players
36 posts
1,301 battles

Overall, I didn't see anything that jumped out at me. I suppose I could get some camos and use them to grind a little faster on new ships. There doesn't seem to be an innately appealing or beneficial item purchasable for the tokens.

Players
11 posts
2,275 battles

I really liked getting a lot of things. The dashas are a fun idea nad I liked them a lot.
I back the idea of creating ribbons and other stuff for captains who are distinguished in battle. Would make them more unique and diverse :)
I´d love to be able to earn a premium ship of my choosing in the end for an amount of tokens. Preferably one that is usually locked behind free XP. It is really hard to earn those free XP and this event would be an AMAZING oportunity to give one out for less trouble. I think many people would apreciate it.

Players
3,039 posts
7,160 battles

So far I kinda liked this event. It's very reminiscent to the 2nd year anniversary. I do find the new rewards a bit meh though, I really liked the permacamos that were given away last year :Smile_great:

Last year I missed out on the really good stuff due to not having any tier 10 ships and due to not having played enough battles yet. Seems I'm kinda not rewarded for these this year. Too bad, but it would've made it all the more enjoyable to me since I missed out last year as well. This year I miss out because it's apparently not even there anymore.

The SC for the collection is nice though, but to me it's a bit meh as well. Perhaps this collection is not supposed to have as good rewards as the one from last year?

What I do like is the option to get some very fun new 10pt commanders! I am actually in need of some 10pt commanders for some nations so to me this will work out beautifully! :Smile_great:

The buff to the anniversary camos is kinda nice, I only had 12 of those left in stock so this doesn't really affect me aside from the new ones I'm probably gonna be getting.

I did kinda miss the scshrsrsomething (the great) commander having a voice, but I suppose this was intended. I hope I can get plenty of these new commanders! :Smile_honoring:

Btw, why not the halloween commanders? Might it be popssible that the halloween event will be returning in the same incarnation as last year? I certainly hope so! :Smile_izmena:

[PUPSI]
Players
6,607 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, NothingButTheRain sagte:

The SC for the collection is nice though, but to me it's a bit meh as well. Perhaps this collection is not supposed to have as good rewards as the one from last year?

- it is the PTS, rewards can change to the live server

- last year there was no arsenal, I guess this year a big bunch of the rewards thought from the arsenal with the tokens to spent...imho an advantage because you can chose what to get...

• Cool 1

Players
3,039 posts
7,160 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

- it is the PTS, rewards can change to the live server

- last year there was no arsenal, I guess this year a big bunch of the rewards thought from the arsenal with the tokens to spent...imho an advantage because you can chose what to get...

-I hadn't considered the rewards for the collection to also be placeholders. You are correct, perhaps this will change :Smile_great:

Don't get me wrong, I do think this would be a nice way to introduce the new dragon signals to the generic shipfolks but compared to tier 8 permacamos (even though a bit gimped permacamos) it seemed a little bit lackluster.

These tokens do seem like very promising to me, kinda everything I could get for these tokens on PTS is stuff that I could actually use (especially new captains, and particularly because they are unique even though not more powerful).