Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Acetessigester

Why are HSF ships only on sale in NA shop now?

25 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
15,891 posts
11,170 battles

We had them on sale at least twotimes.

Shops are independent and offer different stuff.

Hint: Different people have different tastes and buy different stuff. Treating all people the same is not smart businesswise.

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles

The reason is simple, WG hates you. :Smile_trollface:

But in truth the WG sales team for EU is just bad. There is no rhyme nor reason for why the ships are not available here. There is no logic to their sales tactics.

Remember this, the collaboration with HSF runs out in September, so WG might offer the ships and bundles once again. But I wouldn't count on it, as they aren't big on earning money through interesting offers.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

We had them on sale at least twotimes.

Shops are independent and offer different stuff.

Hint: Different people have different tastes and buy different stuff. Treating all people the same is not smart businesswise.

The actual answer is that the HSF ships were introduced before server offers were mostly unified, so they are staying un-synchronized for reasons only clear to WG.

Maybe due to the license, maybe not. Could be that their availability schedule was set a long time ago and remains tied to the deal with Sony(?).

[KAKE]
Players
1,039 posts
3,358 battles

Hm.

If the cooperation is about to end, I do hope they'll make a return before then. I was hoping to pick up the Harekaze.

[PST]
[PST]
Alpha Tester
475 posts
5,281 battles

i got the harekaze but i would like to get the other captain(s) but i dint wana pay 10s of € for one captain though. :)

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles

The Harekaze sounds tempting to me only for one reason: IJN DD Gunboat line captain trainer.

Am I thinking right?

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

The Harekaze sounds tempting to me only for one reason: IJN DD Gunboat line captain trainer.

Am I thinking right?

Elite commander exp?

I play Harekaze less as a captain trainer (though I got a perfectly fine Akizuki captain now) and more as a fun ship by itself. It's a really nice mixture between a Kagero and a duck. And unlike akizuki, it doesn't handle like a light cruiser, while it also hasn't got the hp of a light cruiser though.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,027 posts
2,743 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Am I thinking right?

That and she's superior to the Asashio in a number of ways, not the least of which being that she isn't saddled with those DWT's..

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Am I thinking right?

Yes. Even with the shorter range it is a great ship for the Ducky line.

Just now, Riselotte said:

I play Harekaze less as a captain trainer (though I got a perfectly fine Akizuki captain now) and more as a fun ship by itself. It's a really nice mixture between a Kagero and a duck. And unlike akizuki, it doesn't handle like a light cruiser, while it also hasn't got the hp of a light cruiser though.

I have a dedicated captain for the Harekaze. The combination of guns a d torps make it quite an unique experience, different in all the right spots from the Akizuki.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles
3 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Elite commander exp?

I dont have a 19 pts captain on Akizuki yet. TBH Akizuki altho being a great ship, its just to sluggish for my taste to fully enjoy it.

1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

I have a dedicated captain for the Harekaze. The combination of guns a d torps make it quite an unique experience, different in all the right spots from the Akizuki.

So the captain build is not identical?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Agree with all of you regarding the harekaze, and can only be sorry for those that still dont have her.

If you ever see it here again, dont doubt it, shes a keeper.

[KAKE]
Players
1,039 posts
3,358 battles
2 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

It's a really nice mixture between a Kagero and a duck. 

:Smile_unsure:

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

I dont have a 19 pts captain on Akizuki yet. TBH Akizuki altho being a great ship, its just to sluggish for my taste to fully enjoy it.

You don't need them on the Akizuki though. Just anywhere to get the elite xp to promote an Akizuki captain to 19 pts.

1 minute ago, Uglesett said:

?

[KAKE]
Players
1,039 posts
3,358 battles

?

As compliments go, I wasn't quite sure how to interpret that one.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles

You don't need them on the Akizuki though. Just anywhere to get the elite xp to promote an Akizuki captain to 19 pts.

No I wont spent them on this captain. I have many T10 ships still not 19pts.

[PST]
[PST]
Alpha Tester
475 posts
5,281 battles

i enjoy harekaze. you can play her as a torp boat or trollolloll gunship where you see so many gunshells flying around (i use it for those hit xxx hits on enemy ship missions ) easy to do over 200 hits and ap isnt bad with the 100 mm guns on BB or cruisers, and ifhe on dd. 

biggest problem is that you get so much fun that you forget your friendlies and get plumeled by enemy ships 

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles

As compliments go, I wasn't quite sure how to interpret that one.

Duck is a nickname for an Akizuki.

Beta Tester
2,027 posts
2,743 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

Thought that boat's nickname was A Sassy *edited*

EDITED: Oh wait, that was the Asashio, bloody similar IJN names..

[KAKE]
Players
1,039 posts
3,358 battles

Ah. I hadn't heard that one.

I also now have the mental image of something like this, only with guns and torpedoes:

giant_rubber_duck.thumb.jpg.c185b9bf64a94a30be7ba33fd86c0397.jpg

• Funny 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles
6 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I think this will clear things up:

Spoiler

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Thought that boat's nickname was A Sassy *edited*

EDITED: Oh wait, that was the Asashio, bloody similar IJN names..

Don't compare the actual pride of IJN DDs with that PoS. Domo arigato.

Ah. I hadn't heard that one.

I also now have the mental image of something like this, only with guns and torpedoes:

giant_rubber_duck.thumb.jpg.c185b9bf64a94a30be7ba33fd86c0397.jpg

It's due to Akizuki being alternatively romanised as Akiduki and all of the rest of the class with their -zuki/-tsuki (JP for moon, btw) names to -duki too. So, people who played stuff like Kancolle called them the ducks and it carried over to a degree.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,027 posts
2,743 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

Don't compare the actual pride of IJN DDs with that PoS. Domo arigato.

It's due to Akizuki being alternatively romanised as Akiduki and all of the rest of the class with their -zuki/-tsuki (JP for moon, btw) names to -duki too. So, people who played stuff like Kancolle called them the ducks and it carried over to a degree.

Sumimasen, Riserotte san. ;) And well, that makes sense, quack.

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles
13 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

So the captain build is not identical?

No. Akizuki is a strong gunboat, while Harekaze is a torpedo boat with strong artillery. While driving the Harekaze you will use primarily your torps, with the guns serving to finish off your opponents or engage DDs. Also Harekaze concealment is really good, so you can comfortable torp people.

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
27 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

No. Akizuki is a strong gunboat, while Harekaze is a torpedo boat with strong artillery. While driving the Harekaze you will use primarily your torps, with the guns serving to finish off your opponents or engage DDs. Also Harekaze concealment is really good, so you can comfortable torp people.

I actually use a gunboat build on the ship with BFT instead of TAE. Torp reload is longer, but it allows far better cap contesting and DD assassination. Also, makes the captain more interchangeable with the Akizuki. It is viable.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this