Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

The Glorious 20th WG anniversary discounts have arrived! Thoughts?

47 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles

Well comrades!
The 20th WG anniversary is here! Let me congratulate you on the long and prosperous (no doubt) journey.

Now lets see what we (the people who carried this company with our wallets at least part of the way) got:

Spoiler

Some truly, blindingly astonoshing bundles:
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/premshop/premium-shop-august/

And now for the big finale:
image.png.5bdaa1e821c0d6cd354e96b5b72e7009.png

Oh, theres also one day of premium acount and nine flags for 100k XP farmed.

Keep in mind that:

5b62d1f6a0982_Beznzvu.png.9d3c25a133fca48a156322a04c5f295c.png (tho not if you want to get the perma ones, suckers).

I would love to hear your thoughts.

I know I'm one sad puppy.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles

Ok, the missions in-game are nice, one day premium and the super rare camos? Don't mind if I do, after all they are going to drop into my lap either way.

The shop offers? No doubloon sale, no premium time sale. So the two things I would be willing to open my wallet wide for are not discounted. No sale.

Bundles? I already own the ships, so there is no reason for me to buy them, as I will not receive the full doubloon value.

All in all a typical WG sales event. No appreciation for long timers and uninteresting bundled content. Moving on.

PS: The thing I'm most hyped about is the 100% XP first win bonus. Which shows how great this event is to me.

• Cool 6

[BLUMR]
Players
66 posts
5,767 battles

I've got to be honest here, I wasn't around last year when this sort of stuff went on (I assume it happened for their 19th Birthday too)

There's nothing on the store bundles I would consider buying right now.. I own a fair few premiums and those bundles are either including ships I own or ships I don't really want. The only thing that comes close to a "Maybe" is the french bundle with the Gascogne, but I have the Aigle already. :cap_look:

Its a weird set of bundles anyway with only two ships per bundle? I mean I'd love the Gascogne for a Crew trainer but I'm more or less waiting for Cv rework and hoping to get the Kaga when it comes back (Hope)  :cap_tea:

The discounts on Port slots are nice as always and so are the others (Xp boost for first win helps grinding ships) All in all I'd say its about par for the course.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,230 posts
6,768 battles

The camouflage discount is nice if it also applies to tier X permacamo. 

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles
4 minutes ago, Kongouuu said:

I wasn't around last year when this sort of stuff went on (I assume it happened for their 19th Birthday too)

It didn't. This sale is "special". :Smile_trollface:

1 minute ago, ShinGetsu said:

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking...

There is no perma camo sale.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
1 minute ago, ShinGetsu said:

Does it?

I highly doubt it does, but if true... then yeah, pretty awesome.

[UTW]
8,230 posts
6,768 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking...

Damn. I was hoping there would... 

Beta Tester
98 posts
6,298 battles

No no, and no .... this is how you thank players for sticking around this game since beta? 
Unwanted bundles with ships who long-term players already have so to thank these players you sell bundles of no interest and highly priced too, i would like the Z-39 but i already have the Spee, same goes for the Gascogne and Aigle, never ever in your life you offered some REAL special or discount to say "Hey ! thank you for sticking around all this time".

But the problem is that evidently, someone buys this crap so you keep doing this bundles, and i can guarantee you that none of your long-term players in thankful for this scam bundles, and TBH i kinda feel fooled to being around this game for so long.

Such a simple offer like X years with us X discount for you on the anniversary, but no, let's offer them unwanted stuff they already have.

[UTW]
8,230 posts
6,768 battles

I'd hope the game anniversary will give us better things. This is kind of underwhelming.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
1 hour ago, Zuxx said:

No no, and no .... this is how you thank plòayers for sticking around this game since beta? 
Unwanted bundles with ships who long-term players already have so to thank these players you sell bundles of no interest and highly priced too, i would like the Z-39 but i already have the Spee, same goes for the Gascogne and Aigle, never ever in your life you offered some REAL special or discount to say "Hey ! thank you for sticking around all this time".

But the problem is that evidently, someone buys this crap so you keep doing this bundles, and i can guarantee you that none of your long-term players in thankful for this scam bundles, and TBH i kinda feel fooled to being around this game for so long.

Such a simple offer like X years with us X discount for you on the anniversary, but no, let's offer them unwanted stuff they already have.

This was kinda my point. But to be fair, it's nigh impossible to distinguish irony and carcasm in written form.

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

So WG telling the un-truth one more time?

5b62d1f6a0982_Beznzvu.png.9d3c25a133fca48a156322a04c5f295c.png (tho not if you want to get the perma ones, suckers).

[BLUMR]
Players
66 posts
5,767 battles
6 minutes ago, Aragathor said:
10 minutes ago, Kongouuu said:

I wasn't around last year when this sort of stuff went on (I assume it happened for their 19th Birthday too)

It didn't. This sale is "special". :Smile_trollface:

Special you say? Hmmmmmm Im glad the time was taken to make sure these bundles we're as appetizing as possible, Filled to the brim with stuff we all go "Wow that bundle is great!" Kinda things. Guess Not if people think the same as me about these bundles :Smile_hiding:

Maybe if we dream enough there will be a Free Xp conversion discount... Or Am i wishing for too much (Unless Im blind and there has been one announced)  :cap_old: Most likely not...

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
492 posts
3,969 battles

I like how people complain about just about everything.

+100% expi and some nice discounts to stuff for a reason I didn't know existed (It's not like I keep track of WG's "birthdate" on a regular basis ) ..... let's complain about it!

I definitely needed moar!!

I'm currently getting 1 or two TX perma cammo's for free by selecting sharks each day ... but let me complain about not getting a discount on the others !! :)

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[BLUMR]
Players
66 posts
5,767 battles
1 minute ago, Hummus said:

I like complaining about disappointing bundles in the store... :Smile-_tongue:

Everything else is nice but for the 20th Birthday of the company, You'd think that the bundles would be great or really bulky / Contain stuff people want.
The Japanese bundle has the Tachibana and Mikasa? Wut I mean they gave a Tachibana away for free (Gud Bote) and the Mikasa is rather cheap too...
Why the bundle for these two? :fish_palm:

• Cool 2

Players
588 posts
4,771 battles
4 minutes ago, Hummus said:

+100% expi and some nice discounts to stuff for a reason I didn't know existed (It's not like I keep track of WG's "birthdate" on a regular basis ) ..... let's complain about it!

I definitely needed moar!!

I'm currently getting 1 or two TX perma cammo's for free by selecting sharks each day ... but let me complain about not getting a discount on the others !! :)

Complaining about people who complain is such a bizarre white-knight tactic, I'll never understand it.

Besides, we are literally telling WG how to take our money. In no small words, we want WG to give us things to spend our money on, but they don't. Instead, they consistently find ways to make giving them any money at all unappealing. Of all the times you'd think a moneygrubbing company like WG would listen to people, it would be with this kind of thing.

• Funny 4

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
492 posts
3,969 battles
1 minute ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Complaining about people who complain is such a bizarre white-knight tactic, I'll never understand it.

Besides, we are literally telling WG how to take our money. In no small words, we want WG to give us things to spend our money on, but they don't. Instead, they consistently find ways to make giving them any money at all unappealing. Of all the times you'd think a moneygrubbing company like WG would listen to people, it would be with this kind of thing.

Hey I'm not complaining.

I'm enjoying your reactions and politely pointing out that there was no need for WG to do anything for this "occasion" so responding to it with indignation is a bit silly.

If you want to spend money .... spend money. If you don't ... don't.  We've just had a whole bunch of boats on sale, so I don't think there's a lot of people waiting for a special reason to buy boats. So they might as well do some silly 2 boat bundles...

Also: yes please, make them do a free expi conversion sale! I've decided to skipp the Seattle so I need free expi :cap_money:

[ONIX]
Players
1,091 posts
9,094 battles

July Sale, August WG anniversary, September WoWs anniversary, Christmas&New Year Sale/Event...

I'm probably missing a couple if not more.

You'd think if someone wanted to spend some money, there are enough opportunities to do so.

• Bad 1

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles

3 out of 4 bundles include a ship you could get for free. Glorious Soviet bundle includes two Russian T5s that might be pretty decent for their tier... but T5... They could've at least stuck the De Grasse or Dunkerque in the package instead of Aigle. and maybe Yuubari instead of Tachibana, if they wanted to go for low tiers on IJN. Not that I'd buy the ships, got both, but I bet most folks got Tachibana.

Players
39 posts
3,497 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Well comrades!
The 20th WG anniversary is here! Let me congratulate you on the long and prosperous (no doubt) journey.

Now lets see what we (the people who carried this company with our wallets at least part of the way) got:

Reveal hidden contents

Some truly, blindingly astonoshing bundles:
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/premshop/premium-shop-august/

And now for the big finale:
image.png.5bdaa1e821c0d6cd354e96b5b72e7009.png

Oh, theres also one day of premium acount and nine flags for 100k XP farmed.

Keep in mind that:

I would love to hear your thoughts.

I know I'm one sad puppy.

disappointing  feeble and mediocre, both gamescom and WG anniv.events from marketing. Any surprises tho?

[KAKE]
Players
1,041 posts
3,371 battles

The only bundle ships I am interested in (and don't already have) are the Z-39 and maybe the Mikasa just for the lulz. So not really worth picking up any of the bundles.

The event itself... is alright, I guess. Nothing special, but ok. Missus is out of the house this evening, so I might as well make the most out of that one day free premium time.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

Well, probably you guyz are new, so you don t even remember the good old days milking WG used to do, when on EU you could only buy bundles, not ships. :Smile_facepalm:

From my point of view, this game maybe has 1-2 good more years left, it s already on decline.

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
6 minutes ago, 22cm said:

From my point of view, this game maybe has 1-2 good more years left, it s already on decline.

After 15k battles I would be in a rot too tbh.

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

I'm amused that any of you expected anything else from WG. Their greed is very consistent, quite in contrary to their communications or basically everything else. So what the hell gave you the idea there would be anything actually worthwhile on sale? Especially after you've just experienced the unprecedented generosity show called summer sale?

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this