You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Linkaex

Unicum players being rude IG, what to do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

168 comments in this topic

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
674 posts
3,891 battles

I need to get this of my chest. 

So I started this game a few months ago and I must say the community is not as toxic compared to other games. 

I haven't seen as much of "GG, HF, GL"  since back in the day when gaming was still for nerds and the industry wasn't making more money than Hollywood, yet. 
And allot of people out there really want to help you become a better player. (Thank you for your patience guys) 

First of all I know I'm not the best player (47% w/r, but gets worse higher the tier) and I'm still learning and I do my best. I can handle critique when players point me out on bad plays. I appreciate that, because it makes me a better player. 

But yesterday when I was playing in my gearing and I was sailing in the direction between A and B, trying to spot and thinking on how to approach the game because my previous games weren't that successful.  

There was this squad and one of the players was spamming to take A. And I was like okay but how do I approach it without getting blown out of the water. Knowing there are radar ships on the enemy team and I did not know where the radar ships were. 
But before I could think of a strat shells landed around me and I was confused because I wasn't spotted. Trying to figure out where the shells came from  I got hit. Figuring out it was this Unicum player shooting at me. 
At first thinking it was someone trying to TK me just for reasons. I started to create distance between me and him, and asked in chat like wth dude?. Then he went in chat" If you don't do what I say and go A I will kill you"  

So I was like yeah f**k you dude I'm going to do the opposite. 

After the game he dm-ed me saying "l2p"  
I replied I did not go A because he was just being a d*ck about it. 
and he said "Your welcome for the carry" 
He did ended first XP wise and me just behind him. as a close 2nd. 

I feel pity for those who are rude to others just for making themselves feel better. But It can really grind my gears man

Eddit: I did made screenshots off the whole ordeal. Is it wise to DM an Admin about it? 

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
845 posts
7,412 battles

*edited* are  going to be *edited*...

P.s. how did you know  he was a unicorn?

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
674 posts
3,891 battles
19 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

*edited* are  going to be *edited*...

P.s. how did you know  he was a unicorn?

I looked up his stats. he's really good stats wise with a lot of battles played

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,664 posts

You can try to contact support about it. But if you replied as you stated in your opening post you are not exactly in a better position. Your chat behavior would then be as questionable as the other players.

Don't let yourself get triggered.

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
9 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

Eddit: I did made screenshots off the whole ordeal. Is it wise to DM an Admin about it? 

Meh. I dont think its worth it. These things happen. Obviously he stopped at some point and you won the round. Just forget about it. After all, its just a game.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,831 posts
6,919 battles
  1. Hold TAB
  2. Rightclick his name
  3. Go to "Report"
  4. Select "Misbehavior in chat"
    1. Optionally additionally add him to your blacklist = you won't see anything he types (you will see pings tho)
  5. Proceed to ignore him
  • Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Players
7,716 posts
9,928 battles

Wow, those guys had some serious chips on their shoulders if they actually threatened you with TK.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
1,318 posts
14,694 battles

I once saw something similar in se olden days in a tier 5 match and it ended with the “Merry shooter” eating 5 torps from a kamikaze :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,221 posts
14,454 battles

No offense, but T10 is not exactly the best environment to learn how to play the game.

I recommend playing a lot of low and mid tier ships if you really want to improve.

• Cool 12

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
674 posts
3,891 battles
24 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:
  1. Hold TAB
  2. Rightclick his name
  3. Go to "Report"
  4. Select "Misbehavior in chat"
    1. Optionally additionally add him to your blacklist = you won't see anything he types (you will see pings tho)
  5. Proceed to ignore him

yeah, I did that after a few texts 

[-PDT-]
Players
359 posts
10,067 battles

Dont play T10 till you learn the game, you are ruining the game for the other 11 players in your team

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
674 posts
3,891 battles
17 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

No offense, but T10 is not exactly the best environment to learn how to play the game.

I recommend playing a lot of low and mid tier ships if you really want to improve.

Thanks for the tip! I do and I don't have many games in my tier 10 ships (look up my stats if you wish). Because I know i still have a lot to learn so I play the lines I'm grinding
But I play tier 10 sometimes, otherwise I will never learn to play them. Higher tiers is a different ball game. Things you get a way with in the lower and mid tiers won't work in the higher ones. 

16 hours ago, LordMeru said:

Dont play T10 till you learn the game, you are ruining the game for the other 11 players in your team

I think people should chill out in randoms. It is not like i'm "ruining"  your game on ranked or CB. 

I need to start somewhere and if I never play tier 10's I will never be good at it. And believe it it not there are players " worse"  than me. 

Playing vs bots don't cut it. But thanks for your insight. :) 

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,399 battles
56 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

I haven't seen as much of "GG, HF, GL"  since back in the day when gaming was still for nerds

All that "GG, HF, GL etc." is utterly overused IMHO.

A "GG" usually appears in chat when the battle wasn't a good one at all. One team of potatoes gets annihilated and one of them types "GG" in the chat... what?!?! No, it wasn't a "good game" - it was an utterly stupid  and unnessecary loss...

And why should I wish my opponents "Have Fun" - their fun usually means I get sunk and/or lose the game. So no, the only one supposed to have fun is me!

Same goes for "Good Luck" - it just means that I hope the opponents will be more lucky in sinking all the potatoes on my team!?!? Nope... If they want to sink them, then they should not be lucky but skilled...

And as I've been playing computer games since the 80's and online games soon after, I consider myself a bit of a gamer - but not a nerd. And computer games never were "for nerds" - some nerds were computer gamers though.

• Cool 6

[-PDT-]
Players
359 posts
10,067 battles
Just now, Linkaex said:

I think people should chill out in randoms. It is not like i'm "ruining"  your game on ranked or CB. 

I need to start somewhere and if I never play tier 10's I will never be good at it. And believe it it not there are players " worse"  than me. 

Playing vs bots don't cut it. But thanks for your insight. :) 

I know there are a lot of players worse than you, they should too learn the basics of the game and the best place is mid tier 5/6/7.

With your current experience (game played) and level you need to improve your base knowledge of the game, not the specific knowledge of T10

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,779 battles

Try your best to help the team and enjoy the game. Ignore the AHoles.

We all have bad moments, but hey ... its a game. And whats the purpose of a game? To enjoy it.

• Cool 10

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
674 posts
3,891 battles
21 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

All that "GG, HF, GL etc." is utterly overused IMHO.

Same goes for "Good Luck" - it just means that I hope the opponents will be more lucky in sinking all the potatoes on my team!?!? Nope... If they want to sink them, then they should not be lucky but skilled...

That is your perception of it. As how I experience it (also in life) there are more good people than jerks. 

But some of those jerks take it to the next level :/ 

I agree on the "lucky"  aka RNG part. As it doesn't help people to get better cuz it rewards them (me) for playing "badly". 

But hey, WG aint trying to create the next chess. 

I think the we are on the same page.  I'm in my thirties. And I did my fair share of competitive gaming in my teens. For real I earned a decent extra buck playing FPS games. So I understand the frustration of some gamers out here. 

Players
849 posts
8,520 battles

@Linkaex if that specific person is a member of a clan you could always contact the clan commander saying "Hey, this dude is being a [edited]. Hope the rest of your clan isn't made out of the same type of a $$holes. Have a nice day." 

He might be replying with the same type of message you got ingame -> clan is a bunch of ******.

Or he says "TY I will look into it." -> member is a c*nt. 

Either way, you will always experience these kind of people even if you're the top player of the server. And people will be calling names and whatnot at every tier, every gamemode and every skilllevel. But it's rather funny when a potato tells me how to play. 

• Cool 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
674 posts
3,891 battles
16 hours ago, LordMeru said:

I know there are a lot of players worse than you, they should too learn the basics of the game and the best place is mid tier 5/6/7.

With your current experience (game played) and level you need to improve your base knowledge of the game, not the specific knowledge of T10

Thanks for your tip. When I'm off work (vacation) I will definitely trying to up my skills and strats in the tiers you suggested. 

16 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

@Linkaex if that specific person is a member of a clan you could always contact the clan commander saying "Hey, this dude is being a [edited]. Hope the rest of your clan isn't made out of the same type of a $$holes. Have a nice day." 

He might be replying with the same type of message you got ingame -> clan is a bunch of ******.

Or he says "TY I will look into it." -> member is a c*nt. 

Either way, you will always experience these kind of people even if you're the top player of the server. And people will be calling names and whatnot at every tier, every gamemode and every skilllevel. But it's rather funny when a potato tells me how to play. 

Will do that. Thanks for the suggestion

En geniet van de game he ;)  

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles

Its just a fact that some of the really good players have high levels of skills in game but stinks in their human skills.... Just accept this and don't care if you are victim of a toxic chat..

• Cool 5

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,142 battles
1 hour ago, LordMeru said:

and that is reason for tk...

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

To be honest I think arrogance and toxicity is equally distributed among the different levels.

Base XP is a bad indication of the efforts one does to win though. I've seen a CC in his unicum division basically throwing away a tier 10 game, and he got on top of the team. The second in the team did his best to try to win, but he couldn't carry the team. After he complained, the CC was cocky about being first on the team, while he should know that's not how XP works. All his followers agreed with him of course, because he's unicum so apparently he's flawless.

So, people rage about a player being bad at tier 10, but they have no problem of three people able to do their best, but not doing so? I get less confidence in the playerbase. Not only because of red stat players, but also because of the hypocrisy of some people... :fish_palm:

As for what tier to learn on: well, yes, you may expect from tier 10 players that they know how to play the game. Ship specific though? I still have a winrate in Gearing below 50%, while I've never had that much of a struggle to win in Fletcher. Should I be excluded from tier 10 then? What do you purple players think will happen with the game as a whole if only people with certain stats were allowed to play?

I get salty more often than I would, but even I do understand that you can't exclude bad players from certain tiers.

• Cool 6

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

To be honest I think arrogance and toxicity is equally distributed among the different levels.

Base XP is a bad indication of the efforts one does to win though. I've seen a CC in his unicum division basically throwing away a tier 10 game, and he got on top of the team. The second in the team did his best to try to win, but he couldn't carry the team. After he complained, the CC was cocky about being first on the team, while he should know that's not how XP works. All his followers agreed with him of course, because he's unicum so apparently he's flawless.

So, people rage about a player being bad at tier 10, but they have no problem of three people able to do their best, but not doing so? I get less confidence in the playerbase. Not only because of red stat players, but also because of the hypocrisy of some people... :fish_palm:

As for what tier to learn on: well, yes, you may expect from tier 10 players that they know how to play the game. Ship specific though? I still have a winrate in Gearing below 50%, while I've never had that much of a struggle to win in Fletcher. Should I be excluded from tier 10 then? What do you purple players think will happen with the game as a whole if only people with certain stats were allowed to play?

I get salty more often than I would, but even I do understand that you can't exclude bad players from certain tiers.

To be short the game has no rule you can't play your T-X even how bad you are at the game..... And as long you can convert elite xp to free XP and use that to bypass lower tiers.. Then people shouldn't complain about less than average players in T- VIII and above... Its not the players its the game you'll need to address when unhappy with it.. WG says everyone can play..... their game their rules

[_SM_]
Players
269 posts
10,142 battles

Some people just take this too hard...just yesterday we were winning and I sink enemy cruiser who was fighting against out cruiser...own cruiser blaimed me for stealing kill and tried to torp me and then shooted salvo to me...in that moment other enemy cruiser killed him.We were still winning in points and I managed do hide and we won.But it was near close we loose that game because that cruiser was so angry I killed that enemy cruiser and maybe safe his life.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

well i sometimes want to say to idiot teammates stop the damn lemming to one cap in not so nice words. most of the losses you get are failed lemming when someone says A+B, but nobody goes B, and everyone somehow ends between border and A cap just cause 1 dd is somewhere undetected and they are afraid to push. then enemy gets free B and C caps and just flanks team and gets easy win. and when you try to explain that 2-3 ships kiting on other side can stop push, or at least delay it enough for your lemming team to push, they just call you noob etc.

i often get frustrated cause just from positioning of my team at beginning i can determine that match will end up in a loss. and talking to people in chat about positioning problem really doesnt help... i dont insult people in chat, but i understand when people get frustrated by idiot teammates..

• Cool 6