Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

Legendary upgrade: YY

37 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,577 battles

Just played first battle with it. Didn't think it was an upgrade beforehand and looking at a concealment nerf from 5.8km to 6.5km (since it's slotted at the same place as the concealment module), it certainly doesn't feel like a buff now with it equipped. Buffs are 10% gun reload and torp reload.

First impressions: Works great if there are no radarships or dds around. If you try cap now, which you probably still have to, you'll be comfortably outspotted by most other capping dds, eating more damage before you see what's spotting you, if you manage to spot the dd at all, while also doing less damage to the enemy dds since they'll have plenty of time to get away. I think even Z-52 outspots you which isn't good. You may do 10% more damage to bbs and non-radarships which is nice, but not worth it imo. You still want to be at a range between 7-10 km for landing shots most accurately and that's a fairly narrow span.

I've only tried it with smoke module since this is how I played Random games before. I'll go ahead and try with radar for a few times now.

Edit: Tried the Legendary module for around 10 games, mostly with radar now. Still feels like a downgrade in comparison to the concealment module. The ship is still very playable, but not as good.

Final verdict: Not worth it in the current form and slot.

• Cool 3

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

out of all legendary upgrades i think that maybe 2 or 3 are worth it. rest are just downgrades or at best side grades...

• Cool 5

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,577 battles
43 minutes ago, robihr said:

out of all legendary upgrades i think that maybe 2 or 3 are worth it. rest are just downgrades or at best side grades...

Yea, maybe, but you won't know until they are tested. Might work well under other conditions. I think the radar module is a better option for YY with this module, but still probably not worth it.

I hope others comment on their experience on other modules since they're pretty tough to get.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,281 posts
10,707 battles
26 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Yea, maybe, but you won't know until they are tested. Might work well under other conditions. I think the radar module is a better option for YY with this module, but still probably not worth it.

I hope others comment on their experience on other modules since they're pretty tough to get.

I almost have the one for my Zao (30k base XP left) - I'll let you know :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles

When I saw YY upgrade I though "Yeah, I could use this in 6t slot, seems reasonable". Of course, it's in 5th, so screw that, not going to happen

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,577 battles

Played a bunch of games with the Legend module + the radar module. Kind of still doesn't work in Random games. It's still a good ship, but less OP than without the Legend module.

I've been running a full gun-build and I think it would work even worse if anyone tried a torp-build.

So, I think I'm done with this experiment. Maybe revisit it if they nerf some aspects of the YY that could make this module viable again, or if they change something about the module.

For now, it's just not worth 700m worse concealment no matter how you play, imo.

Players
837 posts
8,515 battles

It might work in cooperation with another YY without the module but that kinda defeats the purpose. I wonder which developer thought this would be something people would use.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,577 battles
7 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

It might work in cooperation with another YY without the module but that kinda defeats the purpose. I wonder which developer thought this would be something people would use.

It's already tough to coordinate anything in Random battles. I guess you could use the module and have 10% extra damage if you play in a division and the div mate acts as a spotter. Although sitting in smoke and relying on others to spot... plus considering the radar meta, I doubt it's a good strategy in high tiers atm. Same thing with radar module equipped - it's just tough to use it efficiently in Random games. ..and even if you have some moments of good radars, you also have enough cv games to make it a pain. 6.5km concealment and no smoke.. :Smile_sceptic:

It was pretty nice DPM some late games though :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,336 posts
17,255 battles
23 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I wonder which developer thought this would be something people would use.

It is typical example of WG logic. Originally it was on the 6th Slot and nerfed only smoke duration for torp and gun reload buff. So when players pointed that this will only make radar version even stronger they nerfed radar duration too and move it ti 5th Slot. When players started to complain that now it is useless WG halved nerfed values for smoke and radar and proclaimed it good to go. Flamu don't even bothered to test it as it was obvious that it is not good.

[NED]
Players
1,671 posts
6,283 battles

I hope to grind out the yamato legendary upgrade this weekend already have 4.6 million credits out of 8 and plenty of dragon flags/skins to make the 15k free xp one a breeze.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,330 posts
4,204 battles

Which ones are worth it, in your opinion guys? The only one I'm sure it's worth is Yamato one. Maybe Moskva?

[ONE2]
Players
2,509 posts
14,976 battles

As for me.. I am not taking any of them so far. Not even the Yamato one. Yamato's gun turrets are already pretty much welded to the deck (a feature I have always found most annoying) as is so this upgrade would just make the situation even worse making it almost impossible to respond to any situation, which would require changing aim. No thanks. :Smile_sceptic:

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
662 posts
9,606 battles
14 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Nothing beats concealment - you should know that by now. I wondered what you expected when you mounted your legendary module? 

My personal opinion is that you wasted doublons which you need to demount it in hope WG will move it to other slot. 

1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Which ones are worth it, in your opinion guys? The only one I'm sure it's worth is Yamato one. Maybe Moskva?

Des Moines - as the ship style is stationary that legendary is life saver. 

Gearing - you can outspot shima. 

Moskva is debatable but i think I will take it. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,457 posts
7,852 battles

Henry better reload

Grozovoi better gun reload

Hindy tank build (good vs Zaos)

Yamato more accuracy

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,577 battles
38 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Nothing beats concealment - you should know that by now. I wondered what you expected when you mounted your legendary module?

It was exactly what I expected. Still wanted to try it. We could all go 'It looks like a downgrade - pls buff' or 'Flamu says "it looks like a downgrade", pls buff', or at least some could actually try the modules regardless of preconceived notions. It's no huge cost mounting or demounting the modules. I hope others test the other Legendary modules even if they may seem like downgrades. Makes a better case for changes to them.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles
42 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

As for me.. I am not taking any of them so far. Not even the Yamato one. Yamato's gun turrets are already pretty much welded to the deck (a feature I have always found most annoying) as is so this upgrade would just make the situation even worse making it almost impossible to respond to any situation, which would require changing aim. No thanks. :Smile_sceptic:

Except Yamato turret rotation got buffed last patch. So the current legendary upgrade would still have better turret rotation now than the normal main battery reload from last patch.

With EM on Yamamoto, you get a decent rotation. It is still very slow, but far from being too annoying.

Current upgrade worth for me are :

- Yamato, both for random and CB. It's the strongest by far.

- GK. A no brainer with all the buffs it got. 

- Moskva. It would force me to give up the main battery reload, but will makes Moskva even better at sniping from long range, worth it imo.

- Zao. At first I was a bit skeptical because I though Zao needed the whole +16% range thingy, but right now I'm playing Ibuki with reload mod and I think Zao would do fine with the LM, especially since it also becomes stronger at kiting.

- Midway LM is stupidly strong.

Then, Shimakaze, Gearing, Hindenburg and Conqueror are somewhat discutable.

Imo the one that really aren't worth using are YY, DM, Worcester, Minotaur, Montana, Henri IV.

[ONE2]
Players
2,509 posts
14,976 battles
9 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Except Yamato turret rotation got buffed last patch. So the current legendary upgrade would still have better turret rotation now than the normal main battery reload from last patch.

With EM on Yamamoto, you get a decent rotation. It is still very slow, but far from being too annoying.

Hhehehe! But then again it will still be far from what I'd prefer I assure you. I intend to take full advantage of the buff indeed, but my intention is to take NEITHER this legendary upgrade NOR the main battery reload, I will also mount the main battery mod 2 in order to get speedier rotation and then see what she can do.:Smile_Default:

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
662 posts
9,606 battles
6 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Imo the one that really aren't worth using are YY, DM, Worcester, Minotaur, Montana, Henri IV.

Let's discuss DM then. 

You loose reload or range mode and 10% action time of radar but you gain insane acceleration. 

Given that most DMs are playing stationary that acceleration is the difference between getting torp or not or hiding in cover before nasty citadel hits reach you. 

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles
6 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Let's discuss DM then. 

You loose reload or range mode and 10% action time of radar but you gain insane acceleration. 

Given that most DMs are playing stationary that acceleration is the difference between getting torp or not or hiding in cover before nasty citadel hits reach you. 

Yeah but I already use the engine module on DM. I don't need more than that, and the 4.8 seconds reload is just too strong to pass on it. And I don't want to nerf my radar either.

12 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hhehehe! But then again it will still be far from what I'd prefer I assure you. I intend to take full advantage of the buff indeed, but my intention is to take NEITHER this legendary upgrade NOR the main battery reload, I will also mount the main battery mod 2 in order to get speedier rotation and then see what she can do.:Smile_Default:

I'm sorry but that's completely stupid.

Just don't play Yamato at all if it's to do that. It's not a ship for you. Yamato is made to be played with the Accuracy module and the reload module. Passing on the accuracy is already a bad idea, but even mounting the turret rotation mod and passing on the LM is even more absurd.

If you want fast turret that hits hard, play République. Yamato is simply not for you. It's not a ship for brawling nor a ship for roaming and moving a lot between sides like Montana or République. It's a ship to do devastating damage at mid to long range, and the LM is absolutely perfect for that. Cumulating reload and accuracy is what this ship is for.

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
662 posts
9,606 battles
2 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Yeah but I already use the engine module on DM. I don't need more than that, and the 4.8 seconds reload is just too strong to pass on it.

I play with same engine module and I will keep it with legendary for maximum effect. Loosing reload module will increase reload time with 0.7 seconds... Not a big deal if you ask me for the agility that acceleration gives. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,509 posts
14,976 battles
18 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

I'm sorry but that's completely stupid.

Just don't play Yamato at all if it's to do that. It's not a ship for you. Yamato is made to be played with the Accuracy module and the reload module. Passing on the accuracy is already a bad idea, but even mounting the turret rotation mod and passing on the LM is even more absurd.

Yupyup, of course it is.:cap_old: I know that and have had all that on all the while. However I'm getting bored with it and want to test something new for a change. Not to worry will do my testing in Coop at first. Cannot play Republique or any other tier 10 BB either I'm afraid, as they are papers ships and therefore do not fill my criteria for the ships I would keep (not historical ships). We will see how that goes - It might be fun! :cap_haloween:

Besides I've done far more stupider things in my life already so this is nothing, hehehe! :cap_like:

[ONIX]
Players
1,091 posts
9,078 battles
16 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Just played first battle with it. Didn't think it was an upgrade beforehand and looking at a concealment nerf from 5.8km to 6.5km (since it's slotted at the same place as the concealment module), it certainly doesn't feel like a buff now with it equipped. Buffs are 10% gun reload and torp reload.

First impressions: Works great if there are no radarships or dds around. If you try cap now, which you probably still have to, you'll be comfortably outspotted by most other capping dds, eating more damage before you see what's spotting you, if you manage to spot the dd at all, while also doing less damage to the enemy dds since they'll have plenty of time to get away. I think even Z-52 outspots you which isn't good. You may do 10% more damage to bbs and non-radarships which is nice, but not worth it imo. You still want to be at a range between 7-10 km for landing shots most accurately and that's a fairly narrow span.

I've only tried it with smoke module since this is how I played Random games before. I'll go ahead and try with radar for a few times now.

Edit: Tried the Legendary module for around 10 games, mostly with radar now. Still feels like a downgrade in comparison to the concealment module. The ship is still very playable, but not as good.

Every DD from tier 8 to 10 except Khaba (maybe Tashkent?) can be specced below that 6.5km concealment if I'm not mistaken.

That means you will be spotted first always.  You need a lot of buffs to make the option worth it over the Slot 5 concealment module, for either DD or CA (and arguably BBs too)

I already have Grozovoi's. It's nice, torp reload is sh$t beyond but they are crap-ish anyway.

On the last stage on Hindenburg's, Slot 5 again but the buffs will make you even more tanky so probably worth it.

Stage 4, 13/15 victories on Moskva's. I'll loose 2 seconds reload with LM but the accuracy will be hilarious, even at 21km.

Stage 3, 12,000/15,000 FreeXP on Kurfurst. Better reload for both main and secondary guns and turret rotation (compared to the malus from Main Battery Mod 3) in exchange for 1km range. What's not to like?

Stage 2 Yamato, I just don't have enough time.

Stage 1 Zao. It looks good but I'm so bad with this ship i won't really bother.

Beta Tester
2,420 posts
9,399 battles
59 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

Every DD from tier 8 to 10 except Khaba (maybe Tashkent?) can be specced below that 6.5km concealment 

Khaba, Tashkent, Udaloi, Kiev

[ONIX]
Players
1,091 posts
9,078 battles
3 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Khaba, Tashkent, Udaloi, Kiev

Ah thanks, I sold Kiev a soon as I researched the next ship in the line. Udaloi I've enjoyed, fully specced so something like 6,7 concealment if memory serves right? 200m seems a very narrow margin for a Yueyang.

Sign in to follow this