You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_Sparrow123

Standard / Domination - I wanna choooooose

59 comments in this topic

[GWDYS]
Players
371 posts
2,949 battles

Yeah i think its called random for a reason. But i would not mind that option, or option to choose 1-3 maps i dont want ever to see

Beta Tester
2,161 posts
2,330 battles

An option to choose between battle types would probably mean a lot longer queuing time for the less popular battle type, whichever that is.

The same would hold true for maps, and likely to an even greater effect.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
5,800 battles
Just now, Procrastes said:

An option to choose between battle types would probably mean a lot longer queuing time for the less popular battle type, whichever that is.

To be fair, If happily wait longer if it meant I didn't need to see epicentre.

• Cool 5

[GWDYS]
Players
371 posts
2,949 battles
5 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

The same would hold true for maps, and likely to an even greater effect.

Yeah i know, i just hate ocean or mountain range for example :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
2,161 posts
2,330 battles
1 minute ago, Xevious_Red said:

Yeah, me too...!:Smile_teethhappy:

There have been suggestions of an option to cross one battle type off the list... I doubt it will ever be implemented, but if that happens, Epicenter will be so out. I have very few happy memories from that place.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,349 posts
17,305 battles

And who would choose to play Standard Battle mode? Why simple not remove that mode completely and problem solved.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,161 posts
2,330 battles
9 minutes ago, fumtu said:

And who would choose to play Standard Battle mode? Why simple not remove that mode completely and problem solved.

I also prefer the Domination game play, but (unlike Epicenter) not to the point that I would suggest removing Standard battles altogether. Diversity is good for the game.

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles
10 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Yeah, me too...!:Smile_teethhappy:

There have been suggestions of an option to cross one battle type off the list... I doubt it will ever be implemented, but if that happens, Epicenter will be so out. I have very few happy memories from that place.

When I have finished with Epicentre I usually need therapy to right myself for my next game... 2 Coffees and a blast of fresh air and I am as right as rain..

It has to be one of the worst maps I have encountered...

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles
2 hours ago, Jack_Sparrow123 said:

pls add to options like in WOT possibility to choose battle type in Randoms... these Dominations are fast like hell... :(

Hmmm... Just wondering what happens, when the other 23 people in both teams want to choose too and what if they all choose differently?:cap_hmm:

Would we then end up having "Epicenter" on the Ocean map?:Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles

No.

For one thing it would wreak havoc with MM and queue times as the player population for any given choice would be significantly less than it's now.

Secondly, ships are balanced with game modes in mind. If I could simply choose not to play any Domination games, what's to stop me from simply playing my Khabarovsk and happily farming damage without ever having to leave my comfort zone for things like defending capture zones? Or inversely I could choose not to play Standard Battle and be guaranteed to have games where enemy DDs are forced to contest caps against my Z-52. Just two examples on how it would be easy to exploit MM in your favour.

• Cool 3

Players
149 posts
12,062 battles

I like both types I have only problems that most Dominations are interrupted with 1000 points and many times 4-5 ships on water, it`s only issue I have with it because Dominations are in the majority. If it would be 50:50 I maybe don`t care. What`s fun when you want to play your ship (doing mess around) but sorry we won, we reached 1000 points.

Beta Tester
2,161 posts
2,330 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

No.

For one thing it would wreak havoc with MM and queue times as the player population for any given choice would be significantly less than it's now.

Secondly, ships are balanced with game modes in mind. If I could simply choose not to play any Domination games, what's to stop me from simply playing my Khabarovsk and happily farming damage without ever having to leave my comfort zone for things like defending capture zones? Or inversely I could choose not to play Standard Battle and be guaranteed to have games where enemy DDs are forced to contest caps against my Z-52. Just two examples on how it would be easy to exploit MM in your favour.

Exactly this.

Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

That is a good point right there and it came to my mind before... Same goes for picking or opting-out maps. I think, with the diversity of ships, that we have, we just have to life with the fact, that from time to time we get thrown into environments, we dont like. Its not that often either, it just feels like it. Human stuff. One thing however bothers me too:

1 hour ago, Jack_Sparrow123 said:

I like both types I have only problems that most Dominations are interrupted with 1000 points

This. The longer I play, the more I think, the pointsystem in domination is wrong. Or there are too many points given for certain actions. Or 1000 points is just too low. Ive also had games, that ended, cuz either side went into negative points. You know, never cap and dont managet to kill anything. Maybe we should start with 500 points and the Counter goes up to 1500 points.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles
3 ore fa, Jack_Sparrow123 ha scritto:

most Dominations are interrupted with 1000 points

2 ore fa, ForlornSailor ha scritto:

This. The longer I play, the more I think, the pointsystem in domination is wrong. Or there are too many points given for certain actions. Or 1000 points is just too low. Ive also had games, that ended, cuz either side went into negative points. You know, never cap and dont managet to kill anything.

Thing is, it's not games fault that in every single match 3/4 of both teams cant be bothered to get their useless sterns into or even near a cap.

It's ridiculous how often you see whole team (allied or enemy) just position themselves 2...3 lines behind a cap in a massive blob, and then 5 min later start *edited* how they are losing on points and how unfair that is. Even better when they start running away at the first sight of an enemy ship or cap being contested

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 7

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles
1 ora fa, wilkatis_LV ha scritto:

Thing is, it's not games fault that in every single match 3/4 of both teams cant be bothered to get their useless sterns into or even near a cap.

It's ridiculous how often you see whole team (allied or enemy) just position themselves 2...3 lines behind a cap in a massive blob, and then 5 min later start*edited* how they are losing on points and how unfair that is. Even better when they start running away at the first sight of an enemy ship or cap being contested

True dat. :cap_old:

Just yesterday, I was in a match where BOTH our team's DD's first action (2 Brother map) at spawn point was to immediately make a full U-turn (no idea why that was necessary, they could have just waited a bit) and go BEHIND our leading Cruisers & BB's before pointing their bows towards any cap... We lost of course, since after gathering enough courage to actually approach a cap both immediately puffed smoke after entering it and then just sat there sideways until inevitably getting torp'd.:Smile_facepalm:

We somehow still managed to cap D (luckily we had a decent Fiji player with us), but it was too little too late and at far too heavy a cost in ship losses so in the end they just got the 1000 points full and we were done for while half-way through trying to cap C (we had already lost B on the other side) and anyways we would have lost, since we only had 4 ships left against their 8, one of which was a rather decent DD.player. I can tell, he was a real pain in the donkey's a*ss keeping us Cruisers perma-spotted and under constant fire from their BB's the entire bloody game and delaying us almost single-handedly until it was just too late to do anything about it (he got 2 kills also including our own potato DD on that side).:Smile_bajan2:

Fun and engaging. :cap_like:

Players
149 posts
12,062 battles
1 ora fa, wilkatis_LV ha scritto:

It's ridiculous how often you see whole team (allied or enemy) just position themselves 2...3 lines behind a cap in a massive blob, and then 5 min later start*edited* how they are losing on points and how unfair that is. Even better when they start running away at the first sight of an enemy ship or cap being contested

yes and that`s 2nd thing caps often cause barks war cause it`s objectives if u play Standard u care about anything u can sail free i worst case  have to return when they cap ur base 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,322 posts
14,721 battles

I used to think the same but occasional free4all gagbang in the epicentre can be hilarious fun espetially in low/mid tiers

• Cool 2

Players
535 posts
6,040 battles
3 hours ago, fumtu said:

I first would never again play Domination on T10, try to play T10 and than ask Who would choose Standard Battle 

- every domination battle last for like 7-10 min while every standard battle last for at least 15min 

- on tier 8/9/10 in Domination 6 of 12 ships have radar and you have 2 option what will happen - 1. you will see yolo DD rush that will die in next 45 sec or 2. you will see none of your DD cap and they hunt enemy BB 20km from cap - in both situation you will lose fight in next 7-10 min with 7-10 enemy ships gangbanging you until you die,,,,  or you will win in same way and in both way win or lose you will get none of "good old - battle to the last ship" and will end up with 1500xp for first place  on wining side ..

For start in domination mode WG need to cut down points for cap and by that I say cut out by 50% because you don't have time to compensate idiocy of your team because they will just keep dying from I don't know what ( maybe potato mine or something ) because I don't know how they manage to die if your division of 3 take ove 10 mil pot dam and score 550-600.000 damage together and still manage to lose with 3-4-5 ships difference (that happened to me yesterday and been happens a lot lately in last 3-6 months) ??

So just give us at least choice for Standard or Domination, we don't care if we will wait 1-3-5 min  we play for 10 just to give everything and lose because of yolo [edited] that press battle rush to cap, die in 2 min, go in port take another ship and do it again and again whole day, every day and by doing that get gazilion of xp ( another problem of the game that can be solve by not allowing player to take another battle with another ship before battle ends with the ship he took before )..

[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles
6 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

I first would never again play Domination on T10, try to play T10 and than ask Who would choose Standard Battle 

- every domination battle last for like 7-10 min while every standard battle last for at least 15min 

*raises hand for domination*

srsly, standard battle is not playing. Its camping. Longrange boring campfest.  And you cant move closer, since there is no objective there, and being closer means getting focused by the blob.

Had a Shima on standard battle North not long ago, which did nothing. He didnt spot, he didnt throw torps, he was sailing broadside left to right inside our base . Talking about useless DDs...

9 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

For start in domination mode WG need to cut down points for cap and by that I say cut out by 50% because you don't have time to compensate idiocy of your team because they will just keep dying from I don't know what ( maybe potato mine or something ) because I don't know how they manage to die if your division of 3 take ove 10 mil pot dam and score 550-600.000 damage together and still manage to lose with 3-4-5 ships difference (that happened to me yesterday and been happens a lot lately in last 3-6 months) ??

Its like the Scharnhorst ive spotted couple of days ago, which died to fire after 3,5 mins game time (imagine you need 2 mins to engage each other basicly!!) AND he was behind an Island at that time. Like HOW?

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles
11 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

Bcuz 7-10min of fighting is worse than 15min of 2 lemmingtrains playing "ring around the rosy" with each other ending with one side capping. Obviously

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,349 posts
17,305 battles
14 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

- on tier 8/9/10 in Domination 6 of 12 ships have radar and you have 2 option what will happen - 1. you will see yolo DD rush that will die in next 45 sec or 2. you will see none of your DD cap and they hunt enemy BB 20km from cap - in both situation you will lose fight in next 7-10 min with 7-10 enemy ships gangbanging you until you die,,,,  or you will win in same way and in both way win or lose you will get none of "good old - battle to the last ship" and will end up with 1500xp for first place  on wining side ..

So just give us at least choice for Standard or Domination, we don't care if we will wait 1-3-5 min  we play for 10 just to give everything and lose because of yolo [edited] that press battle rush to cap, die in 2 min, go in port take another ship and do it again and again whole day, every day and by doing that get gazilion of xp ( another problem of the game that can be solve by not allowing player to take another battle with another ship before battle ends with the ship he took before )..

On the other hand I would take Domination over Standard every single time no matter which tier. Neither of the modes were free of stupid play and for everything bad you can say for one more you can say the same or similar for the other. For every example of stupid play in Domination I could get you similar for Standard more or Epicenter or whatever. You are blaming battle mode for stupidity of the some players.

Players
82 posts
9,176 battles
5 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

I'd second that, I don't think there is any way that WG can polish the turd that is epicentre enough to get me to like it, I wish they could tone down their hubris and sometimes listen to the playerbase when it comes to maps and types of game-play. Epicentre has never worked, they tweaked the worst map that they had it on which made it slightly less bad than it was but it's still bad on every map epicentre runs on. If a player could chose what types of game they play in as they can in WOT wargaming are basically getting a free focus group and instant player feedback so they can devote their resources into what the players like and therefore make more money. It's a non brainier now that the playing population is large enough that waiting times wouldn't get that long, using the lame old excuse that "we can't do that because waiting times will increase" doesn't really work when people would rather wait a little longer for a better experience and I bet the times would actually decrease for the more popular modes of play just leaving certain modes like epicentre to wither and die due to lack of player support. Natural selection in progress, a very good thing.     

[AAO]
Players
1,808 posts
9,622 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Bcuz 7-10min of fighting is worse than 15min of 2 lemmingtrains playing "ring around the rosy" with each other ending with one side capping. Obviously

Yup. What you and others said, nl that standard is just one big campfest, is one of the reasons it has longer duration than domination.

Another being, is that this game is just filled with braindeads, which shows on domination, because that mode has a particular set of skills objectives. One day @El2aZeR or me will indeed write songs about it. BS like

- One team sits with a vast majority of their fleet somewhat close to a cap, but never tries to cap it. Other team has the other two caps very fast, and eventually said cap as well. Game over.

- One team does try, barely, to contend a cap, but flees from the moment it gets shot at. Doesn't matter if the opposition is only one or two ships. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE is the order of the day. Game over.

- One team has two DDs, who go both to same cap, smoke and have a nice little gangbang party in it (or whatever their intention is). There they eat torps or get radared and die. Game over (theoretically not, team could still try smt even without dds, but that'd require balls)

- The usuals: BBs in the middle of nowhere, unable to project influence or shoot effectively at targets, DDs going for the widest flank/hunt CVs. Also the amount of ships reversing and/or hugging islands that aren't even slightly suited for that playstyle, etc etc

tldr. There is nothing that predetermines domination to be so much shorter. But it is inherently more point/objective based, and people are too stupid to understand that and/or too much chickenshitters to actually do smt about it. One of the teams having only 2 or 3 people who do their job will have massive impact, hence some three man divisions with incredible winrates.

--

Also, I don't buy the longer queing times. Most games I get straight in, even when queing together with a high tier carrier. And even if it would last longer, I couldn't care less if for only a slight chance of the next 10 to 15 minutes being less of a timewasting pain in the butt.

edit: was just going around on reddit. Found this beauty

xb30vsfyx3d11.jpg

It is in a post asking changes to the map. Let me tell you a sekrit. IT'S NOT THE MAP'S FAULT.

although the map is aids

• Cool 3