Merlin851526

NUEVE DE JULIO

26 comments in this topic

[WASP_]
Players
184 posts

Got this bundle recently as I wanted a change of pace for a while. I Normally play BB's (Badly lol) and dip into Cruisers every so often. Anyway I decided to concentrate on cruisers for a while and honestly I'm having fun. Particularly in the Nueve De Julio. Although I found it to be extremely map dependant, it's no open water ship But it's helped somewhat by the unusual aspect of a heal in a Tier VII cruiser. You will need this heal if caught in open water as you have 16 mm of deck armour. So what do you guys think? 

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I can't help you here my friend. I'm the beyond retard searching for the land of the normal [edited] when it comes down to Italian ships. Bought D'Aosta and GC. In both I feel the absolute God of sucking in the lowest abyss of sucking. If you want to be an expert in missing, pen without damage, shatters and how to eat citadels regardless what angle, distance and speed I'll gladly send you some replays. Don't start people: it's me, not the ship. I bought both because I'm fond of Italy, also highly love the design of both ships and to make a point in creating a "Pan European line" in wows. I take it as a slap in my face there still isn't a Dutch ship present in wows. And can relate to other European nations who played significant parts in the given time era of wows. On topic: I truly suck in the Italian ships. Both are proudly beside my Yamato: rusting in peace in port.

Beta Tester
1,012 posts
7,421 battles

Well, Ferry_25, I guess there is some kind of misunderstandig ...

Nueve de Julio is not Italian, but the first of an upcoming panamerican tree ... whenever that may happen ... 

At the moment Nueve is the only ship of its nation and you cant use any other captain on it. Same as Blyskawiza is the sole polish warship in game.

Back to Merlin: 

I hope you bought a package with a 10 skill captain ... otherwise you will have a hard time in building up a proper skipper, because as mentioned before: you cannot use any other captain in game with this premium ship.

I got me the Boise, a 100% identical clone, but its US, so I can use it as trainer.

The ship itself is decent ... not UP, not OP, just decent imo.

Dont have too many battles up to now but its fine. Kind of an oversized Atlanta.

Could be more mobile for a light cruiser, the armor is weak and the AA leaves something to be desired. Hardest thing to overcome is the range: 13,5 km is pityful and the real challenge with this ship.

But the heal is godlike and if you mange to stay alive long enough the damage potential is really high. 60 k after the first 5 battles, my best T7 cruiser at the moment.

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
4,024 battles

Ferry_25 I follow the streams of Wows on twitch and Mr.conway told us that in fact a (Dutch) user had sent him a very detailed list of possible Dutch ships to him. He said it looked impressive and he forwarded it to the developers. Sadly I don't know what ships are on the list, but hey it's something. I feel your frustration (als medelander) that no Dutch ships are released or coming in the very near future. Still have my hopes up though. 

Sorry, I know its off-topic. 

[WASP_]
Players
184 posts
7 hours ago, The_Pillager said:

Back to Merlin: 

I hope you bought a package with a 10 skill captain ... otherwise you will have a hard time in building up a proper skipper, because as mentioned before: you cannot use any other captain in game with this premium ship.

I got me the Boise, a 100% identical clone, but its US, so I can use it as trainer.

The ship itself is decent ... not UP, not OP, just decent imo.

Dont have too many battles up to now but its fine. Kind of an oversized Atlanta.

Could be more mobile for a light cruiser, the armor is weak and the AA leaves something to be desired. Hardest thing to overcome is the range: 13,5 km is pityful and the real challenge with this ship.

But the heal is godlike and if you mange to stay alive long enough the damage potential is really high. 60 k after the first 5 battles, my best T7 cruiser at the moment.

Yeah got the 10 point Captain package. Your right the ship is decent and given the right map and MM it can be really fun. But it's no open water ship played on Tears of the Desert last night and I think I lasted about 6 Mins lol.  

Beta Tester
1,012 posts
7,421 battles

Yep, these are the two sides of the coin:

mighty strong in a T7 battle and even vs T8, as long as islands are around

mighty difficult to get results when lowtier vs. T9 ships or T8 in open waters

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,618 battles

About to reach 10th captain point in my 9 de Julio, and I have to make a big decision:  Concealment or IFHE. In the long run obviously both (just like Helena), but it's a long way up to 14 points when you don't use premium time and can't use any more ships to train your captain, so I need to take the one that makes that way the shortest.

While playing the first games I was convinced that I needed IFHE, but after 10 games I think average damage is good enough and concealment could be more useful.

Any suggestions?

[WASP_]
Players
184 posts
59 minutes ago, JapLance said:

About to reach 10th captain point in my 9 de Julio, and I have to make a big decision:  Concealment or IFHE. In the long run obviously both (just like Helena), but it's a long way up to 14 points when you don't use premium time and can't use any more ships to train your captain, so I need to take the one that makes that way the shortest.

While playing the first games I was convinced that I needed IFHE, but after 10 games I think average damage is good enough and concealment could be more useful.

Any suggestions?

I went for IFHE and honestly I'm glad I did. I came late to the IFHE party and noticed in my other Cruisers that didn't have it struggle to consistently do any damage.I'm working towards Demo Expert next.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
6 hours ago, Merlin851526 said:

I went for IFHE and honestly I'm glad I did. I came late to the IFHE party and noticed in my other Cruisers that didn't have it struggle to consistently do any damage.I'm working towards Demo Expert next.

I would work towards CE. IFHE nerfs your firechance, but in return you get raw damage increase (and still a firechance). And concealment is the bread and butter of every ship in the game so not going for it puts you at a disadvantage.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,028 posts
2,749 battles
5 hours ago, ollonborre said:

I would work towards CE. IFHE nerfs your firechance, but in return you get raw damage increase (and still a firechance). And concealment is the bread and butter of every ship in the game so not going for it puts you at a disadvantage.

I'd still reccomend taking IFHE first on every CL that uses he, and CE second. No denying that CE is a very useful skill though.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
8 hours ago, lafeel said:

I'd still reccomend taking IFHE first on every CL that uses he, and CE second. No denying that CE is a very useful skill though.

Not disagreeing, altough I would probably go CE first anyways since the range is so short on the Nueve and that extra window where you can move about inside firing range is invaluable.

My post was more directed to the OP's next skill to go for. He said he was grinding for DE but CE is much better to go for next. And when you have CE and IFHE then you can go for DE (if you have SI as your first 3 point skill, that extra heal is too good to pass up IMO).

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,232 posts
3,385 battles

I for one would go CE first, because considering 

• How short your range is
  • How big your base detection range is 
  • How heavy your base broadside is

I think You can get away without IFHE in the beggining. You'll be farming some serious fire damage and your direct damage is going to be lower, but I'd still recommend you take IFHE after CE. Once you have IFHE you'll have a noticable increase in direct damage, true, but if you can't go dark sometimes you won't be eable to exploit it to the fullest.

• Cool 3

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,618 battles

I've decided for Concealment, since 9dJ seems to have no problem dealing damage without IFHE. My average damage is good, a bit lower than Helena, but Helena has longer range and a 18 14-point captain, while I've been using a 6-point captain in Nueve.

IFHE can wait :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[BOTS]
Beta Tester
24 posts
4,708 battles

You need CE for survival. You need IFHE for damage. Any 152mm CA needs IFHE for damage and CE for Survival. They come into their own with both. It's worth the struggle though however I would recommend Boise over Nuevo just as a crew trainer for US light Cruisers. However I also like the idea of a PanAmerican tree so might be worth grinding just for the future.

Beta Tester
1,012 posts
7,421 battles
On 4.8.2018 at 4:27 PM, JapLance said:

I've decided for Concealment, since 9dJ seems to have no problem dealing damage without IFHE. My average damage is good, a bit lower than Helena, but Helena has longer range and a 18 14-point captain, while I've been using a 6-point captain in Nueve.

IFHE can wait :Smile_izmena:

Right decision imho :Smile_great:

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

I bought the basic package - which comes with a mission to get the Boise (and the same is true in reverse), as do all the pother packages - took IFHE after investing elite captain xp to get 10 pnts - the ship is a beast in operations (Narai only so far) and  a mixed bag in randoms, had 1 decent and two not, so far (so very small sample). AA doesn't seem so bad (I have faced both T6 and also T8 CV's in 2 of those battles), it ripped apart the Narai aircraft with no issues - I use the +20% AA range  module which obviously helps though.

Players
944 posts
20,780 battles
On 31-7-2018 at 5:17 PM, Merlin851526 said:

Got this bundle recently as I wanted a change of pace for a while. I Normally play BB's (Badly lol) and dip into Cruisers every so often. Anyway I decided to concentrate on cruisers for a while and honestly I'm having fun. Particularly in the Nueve De Julio. Although I found it to be extremely map dependant, it's no open water ship But it's helped somewhat by the unusual aspect of a heal in a Tier VII cruiser. You will need this heal if caught in open water as you have 16 mm of deck armour. So what do you guys think? 

...Nueve De Julio (VII) + Boise (VII)....imo those ships are VERY strong & have various strategies to play: for other cruisers Nueve + Boise can very well proven to be very lethal.

My very fav ship all the time when playing WoWS has allways been Atlanta...BUT...I must admit, now I am at a point to realy figure out some ways to face/defeat Nueve/Boise....those ships have heal and deadly guns....so...have to figure out HOW to face them (..but I will manage..I allways did, sofar, lol), those ships prove to be very, very good, effective (I base this on seeing their performance in the battles I played, Boise + Nueve do OK in scores).

So, imho, if one considers to purchase a prem, those ships are worth it, no doubt about that. Anyway, Nueve + Boise are far more easier to play than Atlanta (VII). Better?...don't k now yet..depends...dunno

What's stronger?..imho?...Atlanta or Nueve/Boise???...don't know...that question can't realy be answered...depend on the RL skills of players playing those ships (knowing all ins&outs).

But Nueve + Boise (=same)...imho..very good purchase for any player wanting to get a prem, yes, no doubt about that.

I am gonna get a new bowl of popcorn now, help me enormeous figuring out my new strategics + tactics!..bye:cap_popcorn:

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,618 battles

What a great game to end the 24 hours of Premium that allowed me to powergrind the last 100k of XP for the Boise and the long awaited 14th captain point, all at the same time :Smile_great:.

shot-18_08.11_19_28.32-0015.thumb.jpg.a8dee54bde0724128128151d24bfe0e0.jpg

Spoiler

shot-18_08.11_19_28.35-0747.thumb.jpg.1150e7db698f954912022175f63b5c2f.jpgshot-18_08.11_19_28.42-0045.thumb.jpg.6fa362f1fd8a33d1cf42fc3b1f307805.jpgshot-18_08.11_19_29.07-0456.thumb.jpg.daae4a2b84765ab31699637ffafd84d5.jpgshot-18_08.11_19_29.34-0564.thumb.jpg.76ef30496c27e1c3b003d36c743d731d.jpg

I'll leave the replay here. Honestly, I thought this game was lost long before the final part.

20180811_191215_PVSC507-Nueve-de-Julio-1951_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

In the end, getting the 300k of XP for Boise took me only 45 games. I expected this to last much longer, but a generous use of special flags+a couple of days of premium time made it much faster than I expected.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,028 posts
2,749 battles
3 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

hmmm I dont like this class, it lacks side armour

To be fair, without flaws a ship would be OP..

• Cool 1

[WASP_]
Players
184 posts
14 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

hmmm I dont like this class, it lacks side armour

That's not the only thing it lacks. It manoeuvres like a football stadium, even with The rudder shift modual.  

Players
944 posts
20,780 battles
On 31-7-2018 at 5:17 PM, Merlin851526 said:

Nueve De Julio (VII) = Boise (VII)..I have Boise and I very much like it! Great Prem ship: I play this one with Steering Gears Mod. 2 + AA Gunz mod 2 + Hydroacoustic Search Mod 1 (got that from Arsenal, I like it) AND I keep the ship "on-the-move" while searching for targets & do much, much shootings while keeping on the move & changing my directions, difficult for enemy to target me while I am on the move. Nice credits!! + XP + very nice battles. Yeah, others hit you too, depends how you move, but I also hit them & I have 4x repair party so enemy can't take me down fast = not easy for them, lol. Like the ship real very much. Excellent Prem, liked all battles I played in it. Cv's, yeah, they can attack you, but you SHOOT also planes, depends who gets the better. Enemy hit you, yes, but you shoot back with 15 gunz(!!)...repeat: 15 GUNZ(!!!). I play it with DE  (fcaus) & sometimes (close range) I switch to AP to citadell broadside enemy. Great ship. OP? NO, forget about that, NOT OP, but realy strong, tough, stamina-ship. And it does real good credits! I played very many prems, but this one is getting something real special ship for me: so relaxing + entertaining to play it. Skill (those RL real life skills I mean can make yr profits in battle even better)..real great ship. I am just a player like you other guys, just here for fun and can assure ya: this one is great for credits + great entertainment. This ship is going on it's way to getta be my very favourite ship. Just my opinion. if ya wanna get a T7 prem atm, go for it, ya will never regret it. Just special, nice. Can play this ship in several ways, depends what you like the most: primarily using isles for cover while shooting stationary = option...or...I myself (but that is highly personnal choice) prefer "keeping on the move and turning...and turning while targetting/shelling enemey, makes difficult for enemy. like it.

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
210 posts
17,189 battles

It would be nice  if both ships are offered via " 1+1 " mission package again soon ...  if 1+1 opportunity is offered again, I would be interested to buy  one  ship (= both of them) with vert high probability.

But ...

Please, communicate such 1+1 missions better (.. may be, I´m blind completely). 

Thx in advance !

Beta Tester
1,012 posts
7,421 battles

Finished the mission with Boise yesterday and received 9DJ.

Managed to get these 300000 xp in 38 battles with flags and signals and stuff.

Nice looking ship ... the camo looks way better than Boises`s. But I guess I wont play it for a while. I am just done with this type of ship at the moment and starting it over again with 6 pts cpt ... nothing I dream of ... :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
944 posts
20,780 battles

Playing Boise now for very many battles (..cuz I LIKE Boise very much, handles very nice)..looks very  cool + very nice camo! Look, it doesn't even matter significantly if I play up-tier (against T8-T9...my Boise performs very ok (scorelists 1-5,  no matter what tier enemy ships are). So, nice play, entertaining, tricky + REAL TOUGH(!) ...they can't take down Boise, due to the heals (= Nueve, is same ship) easily...enemy will get hits, many, from Boise. This is what I like about Boise: TOUGH(!)...stamina...great fire-setting + IFHE damage + excellent handling. Many ways there are to "play it real tricky". And yes, Atlanta = great ship (was allways my #1 favourite) but BOISE now took that place #1. Played very many battles with it, all fun + all entertaining. And: my Boise does NOT FEAR any T8 or T9 ships...if played well, tricky, those high tiers should realy fear Boise!