Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

List of small changes/tweaks which might make game experience smoother

12 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles

Have been thinking about some stuff which, atleast for me, is pretty annoying, and i think it wouldnt be too hard for WG to change some of those things to make it more comfortable for the players:

- Signals

Worst part for me: You know you have signals (especially the good ones) somewhere mounted because of auto-flagging. So you need to search for them, which is pretty annoying. Which leaves room for several options

1. Make an option for demount all ships for 1 specific signal or for all signals. Also same option to demount one ship from all signals.

2. Let each signal have an option to perma-flag it, and others not (currently its all or none). I usually have enough standard signals (Fire, Secondaries, AA and so forth), but not enough of the special/economy ones. So f.e. id like to have always Fire signals on my Cruisers, but i dont want the game to auto-reflag the XP signal.

3. Let the game show me how many signals i have in total, even when they are mounted on other ships. And potentially let me grab the signal so i dont have to search for it.

Another thing, which fortunately got changed for the consumables:

- When auto-resupply for flags is not turned on, and you mount an Economy signal, and then you press auto-resupply again, the option "Use ingame-currency" is always tagged on. So i have to manually turn it off every time, because i dont want to use doubloons if i run out of one Economy flag. Standard should be turned off, or give ppl the option if its always on or always off.

- Same option could be for the Consumables, but im fine now that standard is silver, not doubloons.

Another thing, which i have been thinking about is, if the players minimap should show when your teammates are detected or not.

Lets say you have a BB behind you, and its not detected, so the color on the minimap could be grey. When its detected, make it the way it is currently.

Other option would be, that the Ship gets a small (!) next to his name so when you look at him, you see if he is detected or not.

This came to mind not long ago, when our last 4 ships were chasing one DD, and i asked my BB (behind an Island) if he is detected or not. His answer was "Affirmative" "Negative" "Affirmative" Which totaly screwed me over, so i thought the DD went south, when it fact it went the opposite way. If i would have known that he is not detected, it would have been clear to me where he was going.
But because basic communication is too hard apparently, i think having the option to know that doesnt seem too unbalanced in my mind. Atleast far less than the current O-marker on the minimap which was just introduced.

• Cool 5

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Worst part for me: You know you have signals (especially the good ones) somewhere mounted because of auto-flagging. So you need to search for them, which is pretty annoying. Which leaves room for several options

When you have 100+ ships and you have to check if one of them maybe has ESCL :Smile_trollface: Been there, done that, not a fun time

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
4,812 posts
10,960 battles

I realized that I'd love to see how many allies are targeting a ship. Like a reversed priority target skill:

Instead of showing how many enemies aim at you, I`'d like to know how many of my teammates are focussing an enemy.

• Cool 3

[WGB]
Players
2,083 posts
26,344 battles

Radar jammer on T9 - T10 ships.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,472 posts
2,527 battles
23 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

I realized that I'd love to see how many allies are targeting a ship. Like a reversed priority target skill:

Instead of showing how many enemies aim at you, I`'d like to know how many of my teammates are focussing an enemy.

That wouyld be good, how many times have I fired at something only tio see everybody else was doing it too. 

Killing the target twice over... duh...  focus fire, OK... but sometimes... especially in operations!

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Well, not so much feedback, but overall positive, so @MrConway before this vanishes somewhere.

Maybe its interesting for you guys :Smile_Default:

You are implying they care for what they read here, hint: they dont.

If they did, we would not have had the string of effups the last 3 years.

• Angry 1

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles
Just now, Juanx said:

You are implying they care for what they read here, hint: they dont.

Can always hope for it tho? :cap_book:

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles

Not trolling but I thought we had a suggestions thread pinned at the top of this sub forum, for stuff like this.

However, I like all the idea's listed here, especially the how many of my team are targeting an enemy.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,359 posts
6,234 battles
19 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Not trolling but I thought we had a suggestions thread pinned at the top of this sub forum, for stuff like this.

Ye i know, but since there were couple of issues in my mind, i thought could aswell do a thread seperately.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 5:13 PM, DFens_666 said:

Have been thinking about some stuff which, atleast for me, is pretty annoying, and i think it wouldnt be too hard for WG to change some of those things to make it more comfortable for the players:

- Signals

1. Make an option for demount all ships for 1 specific signal or for all signals. Also same option to demount one ship from all signals.

2. Let each signal have an option to perma-flag it, and others not (currently its all or none). I usually have enough standard signals (Fire, Secondaries, AA and so forth), but not enough of the special/economy ones. So f.e. id like to have always Fire signals on my Cruisers, but i dont want the game to auto-reflag the XP signal.

3. Let the game show me how many signals i have in total, even when they are mounted on other ships. And potentially let me grab the signal so i dont have to search for it.

- When auto-resupply for flags is not turned on, and you mount an Economy signal, and then you press auto-resupply again, the option "Use ingame-currency" is always tagged on. So i have to manually turn it off every time, because i dont want to use doubloons if i run out of one Economy flag. Standard should be turned off, or give ppl the option if its always on or always off.

- Same option could be for the Consumables, but im fine now that standard is silver, not doubloons.

Another thing, which i have been thinking about is, if the players minimap should show when your teammates are detected or not.

Lets say you have a BB behind you, and its not detected, so the color on the minimap could be grey. When its detected, make it the way it is currently.

Other option would be, that the Ship gets a small (!) next to his name so when you look at him, you see if he is detected or not.

This came to mind not long ago, when our last 4 ships were chasing one DD, and i asked my BB (behind an Island) if he is detected or not. His answer was "Affirmative" "Negative" "Affirmative" Which totaly screwed me over, so i thought the DD went south, when it fact it went the opposite way. If i would have known that he is not detected, it would have been clear to me where he was going.
But because basic communication is too hard apparently, i think having the option to know that doesnt seem too unbalanced in my mind. Atleast far less than the current O-marker on the minimap which was just introduced.

Some good ideas here, let me just respond.

I agree this would be nice, but with the many improvements that our team need to make to the interface I don't think this will be possible in the near future.

Agreed, this would be a good change and I have bumped it up the line.

Improving the in-game communication tools is already on our list of things to do! :)

Sign in to follow this