Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_ramrus_

RPF problem

11 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
612 posts

I had this problem since I trained rpf.

RPF ( Radio Location skill ) will always point wrong when there is single enemy, unspoted ( as in completley wrong square ).

I have no idea what exactly is going on.

Had 2 games in shima where there was single DD left, not spoted, and RPF was not reporting position correctly.

Once it was spoted RPF would jump to it, but not before.

[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles
7 minutes ago, _ramrus_ said:

I had this problem since I trained rpf.

RPF ( Radio Location skill ) will always point wrong when there is single enemy, unspoted ( as in completley wrong square ).

I have no idea what exactly is going on.

Had 2 games in shima where there was single DD left, not spoted, and RPF was not reporting position correctly.

Once it was spoted RPF would jump to it, but not before.

Can you maybe show that with Screens or a Replay?

I always felt that RPF is not exactly spot on on the enemy ship. Sometimes the RPFed ship when detected, can be at the edge of the RPF circle, and suddenly it will move to the direction when the ship enters the next square.

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles

I thought RPF was only supposed to give you the rough direction of a target, not a direct bearing. :Smile_amazed:

Weekend Tester
612 posts

I don't record replays.

As far as I know RPF points to a square ( on minimap ) ship is in. That kind of jump I can understand ( when ships passes to new square )

I'm saying when there is one enemy left ( unspoted ), RPF points to something else ( not sure what ).

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

From the wiki, assuming that is correct:-

"Shows the direction to the nearest enemy ship. The enemy player is alerted that a bearing has been taken on their ship. This skill will not work when playing as an aircraft carrier."

[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles

RPF points to the square in which the ship is, not the ship itself.

I'm not sure if it points to the "border" between 2 squares aswell, sometimes I've got a feeling it does that too. If that's a thing then RPF would have something like a 21x21 grid that it would point at instead of the normal 10x10

[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles
16 minutes ago, _ramrus_ said:

I don't record replays.

As far as I know RPF points to a square ( on minimap ) ship is in. That kind of jump I can understand ( when ships passes to new square )

I'm saying when there is one enemy left ( unspoted ), RPF points to something else ( not sure what ).

Maybe a screenshot then? I mean, when its totaly off, then a screenshot would still show it.

Players
804 posts
12,858 battles

From what I've seen (I currently don't use the skill), the RPF arc gives a rough bearing of about half the width of your screen, and that's why people zoom in in order to get a better estimation. AFAIK, it's not dependent on the map grid for providing the bearing, i.e. it doesn't point at the square the ship is but at the ship itself, but I may be wrong about that. I do take a quick glance at the minimap every time the warning about RF detection turns on or off and assess where the other guy could be depending on friendlies' location.

What you describe looks like a bug to me. I'm just speculating, but it could be that it goes nuts because there's no second ship to compare distances to and it corrects itself due to the prevalence of LoS/spotting.

Salute.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,458 posts
7,854 battles
5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Maybe a screenshot then? I mean, when its totaly off, then a screenshot would still show it.

How do you take screenshot of RPF showing wrong, if the enemy is not spotted when it shows wrong?

You would know it only afterwards, when it pops up in completely different place of where RPF was pointing.

[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles
7 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

How do you take screenshot of RPF showing wrong, if the enemy is not spotted when it shows wrong?

You would know it only afterwards, when it pops up in completely different place of where RPF was pointing.

If only one enemy is left alive, then take a Screenshot? maybe every time it moves?

On the other hand, how would you know that it was pointing in the wrong direction? For me it sounds like its totaly off, thats why I would like to now where it shows and where he thinks the enemy might be.

Sign in to follow this