MrConway

World of Warships Cinema Tour

What would you like to see?  

601 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favourite options!

• Gameplay videos (i.e. KOTS, Sea Smackdown)
    • CGI trailers (i.e. different releases of the branches, Armada videos)
    • Documentaries (i.e. 1:42, Naval Legends)
    • History of WoWs (i.e. Dev Diaries and Update releases videos)
    • A movie related to Warships
    • Something else (I will comment in the thread)

22 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles

Captains,

We are currently thinking of going on tour and inviting you guys to watch ships explode with us.

But as we are doing this for YOU, we would like to know what you would like to see should we visit a city near you! 

Feel free to vote and leave suggestions in the thread below!

Action Stations!

• Cool 1

[_ODM_]
[_ODM_]
Players
34 posts
20,669 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Captains,

We are currently thinking of going on tour and inviting you guys to watch ships explode with us.

But as we are doing this for YOU, we would like to know what you would like to see should we visit a city near you! 

Feel free to vote and leave suggestions in the thread below!

Action Stations!

Best video wargaming

[CIRC]
Players
2 posts
2,711 battles

Dear Wargaming and Mr.Conway,

Have you guys even considered creating a full movie/documentary on each of the World Wars?

You definitely have more than enough material and talented staff to create one or even more. The only "bad" thing about the "Wait for me" shortfilm is that it is really short. It is absolutely beautiful!

Sincerely,

A fan.

• Cool 1

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles

Cinema night on board HMS Belfast?  Must be able to rig up a temporary cinema somewhere on board.  Not sure about what to show - The Battle of the River Plate?

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
818 posts
12,456 battles

I would love to see documentaries with actual warships featured, there was a video some years ago that featured battleships I would like to see this and other similar titles featuring cruisers, destroyers, aircraft carrier, armoured cruisers, predreadnought battles, battle cruisers, monitors, river monitors, patrol ships and various other types of ships which all go to making up an effective navy

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles

In our clan we run reenactments of naval battles, It would be great to see some famous historical battles played out using WoWS, So for example Battle of the North Cape, Jutland, or River Plate to name three possibilities.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles

Oh and please no commentaries from the same voices used in the Operations, they are well... a bit meh.

[R-U]
Players
118 posts
3,392 battles
2 hours ago, daPhunk said:

Have you guys even considered creating a full movie/documentary on each of the World Wars?

You definitely have more than enough material and talented staff to create one or even more. The only "bad" thing about the "Wait for me" shortfilm is that it is really short. It is absolutely beautiful!

Sincerely,

A fan.

As much as I hate to admit but each time I have watched "Wait for me" I end up with a lump in my throath and misty eyed. Also the intro video when the French were introduced was really nice as well what moved something inside.

[STEG]
Players
96 posts
10,124 battles

@MrConway A movie related to warships. and this choice seem to be really interesting!

Which ship to pick? You may ask. I have the answer!

The movie should be about battleship Warspite!

Why? Because it's a legendary warship, served in the core timeframe of world of warships and through the super-Dreadnought battleship era to the emergence of the aircraft carrier as the most potent naval weapon system. 

You have exciting and historical battles as Jutland, and one of my favourites, the second battle of Narvik where she sunk a u-boat and half the german DD fleet. She was hit and damages several times, but managed to hold out until the end of the war. She met action more than any other warship on the planet, what more could you wish for in a film?

Beta Tester
12 posts
4,923 battles

Dear all at WOW, Ever since i 1st heard the rumbling when on wot about warships i was hooked managed to get on the Beta and have never regretted that decision.History and Military history  in book form can only teach us so much when read, on certain films when done correctly  ie without the Hollywood razzmatazz and having seen some of the work you no doubt must nave collaborated with making on utube i think it would be a crime if you and your company did not do full recreations and enactments of the famous naval battles in say a  1 hour  docudrama. One thing is certain done correctly with a good director and historical input would leave a legacy and a tribute too all those men involved from all nations involved.  PS keep up the good work and all the best.....SNAFU

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
14 posts

I would like to see re-enactment (even if it is with WoWs footage and ships) of historical battles, already reading about them on Wikipedia gives you an idea of how difficult  it was, and the amount of luck, bravery (Taffy 3) , accidents (team kills !), tactical and strategical mistakes weather conditions involved etc !

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
3 posts
5,903 battles

i like those movies about ships going through history from woodenwalls to steelmonsters.

and on a huge screen the sound should be epic too with good timing of voice and sounds.

(I realy hate those war documentaries with gunsounds and explosions overlapping and way louder than the commentary)

Or how about a love story,

"Gone with the Roon"

Or  a fantasy,

"Never ending Yamato"

[NOS]
Beta Tester
9 posts
5,270 battles

i prefer new content, go sponsor and do ship tours and put those  in 4k on youtube    , like this amazing off limits iowa ship tour with breathtaking story behind the gun explosion in turret 2, , the crazy engineer danger, etcetera. If not everyone can enjoy it then dont even bother to do something, thats just lame, all in the community must be able to enjoy what is made, not just those lucky enough to live closeby .... Not to mention the budget waisted on travel expenses.  

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
22 hours ago, daPhunk said:

Sincerely,

A fan.

While we would love to do something like this, the amount of time, effort and expenses that go into those kind of projects is a bit prohibitive.

Also to clarify: We won't be able to create "from scratch" content for this, only pick and cut from material that we already have.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,054 posts
3,769 battles

I'm only interested if I can have Dasha in a loveseat, and a big bag of popcorn. Not for snuggles or bad manners, but to improve my Russian (in a hush voice).

(and someone to distract MrsFingers for those few hours)

[PVE-N]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
25 posts
13,601 battles

U have the ships and the software;  so make some realistic and correct video's about some battles with the correct numbers and types of ships that were really present in that battle.

For ex -Jutland? (i know it is ww1 but a lot of different ships where involved in that battle)

- Navy battles around guadalcanal

- Battle of Tsushima (u have the Mikaze)

- A docu about the Jap DD Yukikaze (present at almost all the navy battles in WW2 and 1 of the few survivers)

- Leyte 

etc 

Kind regards