Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rat_ona_raft

EAGLES Vs SHARKS GO NAVY "contest"

7 comments in this topic

Players
81 posts

Hello fellow players...

So... why are the Eagles doing so badly every day? I'm not looking for spoilers or advantage, is the shark team more popular or something?

Seems strange that the Eagles are so far behind every day so far...

This is a genuine question, so if you have a stupid:Smile_child: answer, keep it to yourself please.:Smile_bajan2:

[PUPSI]
Players
6,594 posts
Vor 15 Minuten, Drowned_Rat sagte:

is the shark team more popular or something?

I'd think so. For example when you attended wows streams before the event began and the topic came to the two teams, the were much more fans of sharks than of eagles...and of course now many "undecided" players will chose sharks since they usually win...

The problem is that the "compensation" method that should balance the points doesn't work. This morning when the event was reset and both teams had 0 points, the eagles got already +50% team point bonus and nevertheless the sharks took the lead...

• Cool 1

Players
81 posts

Thank you Klopirat, I tend to agree with you completely. Sharks are approx 1 000 000 ahead at the moment, so really there is no contest at all. Still a few free rewards are welcome

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,199 posts
14,454 battles

First of all

comicsans2.png

Also once everyone on the Shark team has gotten all their loyalty tokens they'll likely switch, so in a few weeks Eagles will be miles ahead with Sharks having no chance of winning

Honestly pseudo contests like these are pretty much always doomed to fail.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PUPSI]
Players
6,594 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, El2aZeR sagte:

Honestly pseudo contests like these are pretty much always doomed to fail.

I think it would be ok if the team points would consider the number of active players in the teams...

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,199 posts
14,454 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

I think it would be ok if the team points would consider the number of active players in the teams...

Or preventing people from joining a team to prevent overflow?

Yeah, that'll have the community on the fence real quick. "Why are we getting punished when we just pick the stuff we want to pick?" "Why can't I join the team I want to join?" And so forth and so on.

The only way to avoid all this is to not make such an event team based in the first place and have everyone pull one way.

You know, like Project R was.

Ironically the first big event remains the best one.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,594 posts
Vor 1 Minute, El2aZeR sagte:

Or preventing people from joining a team to prevent overflow?

as it was in the clash of elements event...and it was very bad since it forced people to join the obviously losing team (or to don't take part)...

Vor 3 Minuten, El2aZeR sagte:

You know, like Project R was.

I haven't played wows back then, sorry :Smile_child:

Vor 3 Minuten, El2aZeR sagte:

The only way to avoid all this is to not make such an event team based in the first place and have everyone pull one way.

As I said with a proper compensation method it could work:

Let's say you always take intervalls of 5 minutes. The game now counts the points that are earned for each team and also how many players of both teams finish a match in this five minutes and earn points for their team (not how many players are in each team at all, only finishing a match). If you have for example 300 players of team A finishing and 100 players of team B, then the team points of team B are their personal points x3. Imho this would give a fair point level to compare...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this