You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Jack Dunkirk - where do you put him?

Jack Dunkirk's vessel of choice:  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Jack Dunkirk's vessel of choice:

• Conqueror (and/or Nelson)
    • Minotaur
    • Daring
    • Belfast
    • Other - please specify

63 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,339 posts
4,206 battles

Hello thar!
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just recently realized I can actually get Jack Dunkirk (which I missed due to my inactivity) relatively cheaply with coal.

Spoiler

image.png.de372fbbe8b047e83717a08499a2b58c.png

Now the big question remains:
Where to best utilise his special talents?
Would it be the Conqueror (also Nelson in this case), Minotaur, the upcoming Daring (could be compatible with Belfast, as they both benefit from IFHE).
Share your opinion and please, add a short description why would you chose given ship with this captain, if necessary.

Thank you :)

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,500 posts
15,364 battles

better response if you say RN BB, RN  CL or RN DD ow and Belfast as she plays different to RN CL..... Me he is in the Battleship line

[DMOK]
[DMOK]
Players
448 posts
19,735 battles

Tank build at Conq + Flag =-15% cd for Repair ect. Would suite best .

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles

I have him on my Mino to use the JAT and smoke buff.

Wondering how it would effect legendary smoke module...

Was designed for RN BB line, but I probably wont grind to the Conqueror ... like ever.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,457 posts
7,854 battles

I have 19 skill Dunkirk and he has been in Conq and Belfast.

I used him earlier in Belfast with bigger smokescreen and Jack of All trades, but he is sitting in Tank build Conqueror with JOAT and expert marksman.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,187 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

I have him as 19-point captain and he is specced for "Belfast" (with IFHE) - he is "doubling" as captain of my current RN CL (Tier VIII "Edinburgh") in grind (albeit the IFHE is wasted there)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
2,427 posts
15,503 battles

Conqueror by miles. It's one of the most fragile ships in the game and JoaT is essential for that stupid 120s cooldown.

Personally I've got JD in Leander with all the extras (The most fun RN silver ship in the game)

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

I used him to grind up through the RN cruisers to Minotaur, now using him to do the same with RN BB's. And will probably use him to grind up the RN DD's once they are out.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,139 posts
4,418 battles

High tier RN ships don't really give me any interest of playing them, so Jack is now on my Fiji, at level 17.

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

For me Fiji as well. Kinda the same, not interested in the high tier ships. I have the Edinburgh, but I don't like that ship especially when bottom tier.

Beta Tester
2,141 posts
2,329 battles

I put Jack in command of my Belfast! And he's doing quite a good job, so far.

The Master Marksman skill is of course useful on most ships, and not least on the British cruisers who have a rather sluggish traverse speed to begin with. And the improved Smoke Screen Master skill is really made for the British cruisers, with their few-but-vital-puffs style of smoke. I have yet to train him in the Handyman skill, though, and I'm not at all sure that I'm going to do it. Sure, it's useful, but other skills will likely be more attractive when I close in on those 19 points. It would be different on a silver ship, of course, without the IFHE skill to soak up four points.

All in all, I feel that Jack Dunkirk is more of a cruiser man than a dedicated battleship driver. Unless they introduce a British battleship with a smoke screen, of course, but I think we have a few happy years before that happens! :Smile_Default:

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles

Put him on the the Fiji together with the perma camo. Specced him for JoaT and EM, removed the SE after the smoke duration buff but might put it back in for lulz.

I think that putting him on the Minotaur underutilizes his strengths, es EM is a waste and SE is questionable.

If I ever buy Bert Dunkirk I'd put him on the Daring.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,339 posts
4,206 battles

Thank you all for the input, very appreciated.

[-RM-]
Players
149 posts
2,259 battles

I've spec'd my Jack Dunkirk for RN BBs in general, but not specifically for the RN BB line. I've not bothered with HE-enhancing skills like Demolition Expert for example.

Currently he has 18 skill points.

1: PT

2: JoAT, EM, AR

3: Superintendent

4: FP, CE

I use this build on ships like the Hood and the Warspite, as well as on the Monarch. I'm about to unlock the Lion, so I guess I'll have to retrain for that as well.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,339 posts
4,206 battles
14 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

19 points and use him in Mino and Belfast, his 19 point twin brother captaines the Conq 

How often can the Bro be bought? Never seen him in the shop :(

[BS4]
Players
878 posts
5,485 battles

Why are people putting JD in BB 's??!!:Smile_amazed:

He was designed for RN cl 'S.

An extra 30% SMOKE SCREEN Radius, (this is incredibly useful and makes a massive difference IMO) 10% on consumable reload on JAT (torps Rp etc.) and 1% on traverse speed on guns to swing round to those pesky enemy DD's when they pop up @5 k to your left/right...

Total waste on a BB IMO...(the two lowest scored on the poll so far is minotaur and Belfast!! wtf people??:Smile-_tongue:

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 minute ago, SeaWolf7 said:

An extra 30% SMOKE SCREEN Radius, (this is incredibly useful and makes a massive difference IMO) 10% on consumable reload on JAT (torps Rp etc.) and 1% on traverse speed on guns to swing round to those pesky enemy DD's when they pop up @5 k to your left/right...

Total waste on a BB IMO:Smile-_tongue:

Thing is, the other 2 skills are better suited for BBs, so it really makes a lot of sense to put him on BBs.

So, not a waste to put him on a BB, at all...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles
8 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Total waste on a BB IMO:Smile-_tongue:

Sorry to break this to you, but JAT does not effect primary armament and torpedo reload.

While it does effect heal / dmg control party reload coupled with turret traverse it is perfect for RN BBs that have the amazing RN heal.

While it works on Minotaur (other RN CLs), the EM somewhat goes to waste (specially on Minotaur, where even if you spec into EM you give up too much).

Sure the bigger smoke screen is nice, but EM is far more valuable skill.

[BS4]
Players
878 posts
5,485 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Sorry to break this to you, but JAT does not effect primary armament and torpedo reload.

:Smile_facepalm: sorry bro.. duh.....:Smile_hiding:

ment hydro, Heal and smoke........(keep the coffee coming... late night)

3 things that keep you stay alive longer in an RNL cruiser.......

6 hours ago, Juanx said:

Thing is, the other 2 skills are better suited for BBs, so it really makes a lot of sense to put him on BBs.

So, not a waste to put him on a BB, at all...

ok fair point.... but to not use a 30% increase in one of the skills (the biggest perk for that captain) for a minimal trade off of the others.....

Put them all together in a RNL CL has more impact that using 2 on a BB imo.  He wasn't designed for BB's.......

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
25 minutes ago, Blixies said:

How often can the Bro be bought? Never seen him in the shop :(

It's been awhile so he'll prolly be back soon with the other twins also ...

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 minute ago, SeaWolf7 said:

ok fair point but to not use a 30%increase in one of the skills (the biggest perk for that captain) for a minimal trade off of the others.....is a waste

I agree, fact is, JD has a weird skill combo. Methinks it was designed with trollfast in mind, but then the rest of the line came, and then the BBs.

More variety is what Im looking for in caps.

[BS4]
Players
878 posts
5,485 battles
3 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

It's been awhile so he'll prolly be back soon with the other twins also ...

by twins you mean John Doe and......?