Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
world_262

Hms Habakkuk(a.k.a. iceberg-carrier)

8 comments in this topic

Question

[-ITA]
[-ITA]
Players
7 posts
1,641 battles

5b5f9905df7ae_ProgettoHabakkuk.thumb.jpg.bdee6a315f938472be4f3296ffd918fe.jpg

How awesome would it be to have the habakkuk in wow's? (and this is a paper ship, so it would be possible)

7 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Yes yes, we know, this "meme" shows up every now and then

No, it's probably not going to be added bcuz it's not really a proper ship. Your best hope is April Fools or some similar event

Beta Tester
2,028 posts
2,749 battles
20 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No, it's probably not going to be added bcuz it's not really a proper ship. Your best hope is April Fools or some similar event

That and she'd, easily, dwarf every ship in the game currently, at 1,2km long and 180m wide.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles

April fools event is most likely.

I would be pretty interested in a operation where the mission is to sink the Habakkuk or something along those lines. That seems like the second most likely option of ever seeing this thing ingame.

And with the Ratte inspired Leviathan thing in WoT last year(?) it might not be an implausible thing to see something similar to the Habakkuk.

[-ITA]
[-ITA]
Players
7 posts
1,641 battles
On 31/7/2018 at 2:44 AM, wilkatis_LV said:

Anyway, I was not joking 

Players
1,384 posts
10,331 battles

For the purposes of this game, that ship would be nearly stationary all the time.

So like 85% of all the CV players... only a lot bigger and unsinkable.

And blocking off a significant portion of the map all the time. On many maps, you couldn't even put it anywhere.

In all immodesty - since what I'm gonna suggest next is in fact an old idea of mine - I therefore think it would be a much better idea to introduce a new unit type called "air group". It would just move into one of the air strips that already exist on many of the maps. Maybe several of these air strips, in the higher tiers. The air strips would then of course need to be made destructible by shore bombardment from ships, as well as vulnerable to air attacks.

All of this would remove the pressure to move and position your carier from CV play, dumbing it down even further making it even more convenient and balanced.

At the same time, Wargaming could finally extend the unsportsmanlike conduct sanction for inactivity to CV players as well. As you may or may not know, they are currently exempt and not obliged to move at all during the game, which I consider a reward for a crass tactical mistake. Only instead of having to play a few Co-op rounds, they would have to play a few rounds as a stationary air group to regain their right to use an actual ship. How about that?

Or their ship could even be swapped for a fleet of barely armed freighters, and their role  in the punishment games would be to try and survive getting to their air field and setting up their air group in the first place, how's that for an idea. How's that for a new and innovative way to conquer a cap circle.

[TAW]
Players
107 posts
4,017 battles

He should have asked "...how cool would it be..." answer just around 0 degrees :)

Sign in to follow this