taraza40

Captain skills for RN cruisers

10 comments in this topic

[RO-RN]
Players
21 posts
3,671 battles

I'm currently at the Edinburgh with a 13 point captain(PT,AR,SI,SE,CE).What other skills i should take for the minotaur when the captain reaches lvl 19?

[ARYA]
Players
440 posts
9,162 battles

SE is not that much important . you have amazing heal.

this is the build i am using on my mino

PT AR SI CE MFAA Vig JoAT

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
5,436 battles
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

SE on a non-DD :fish_palm:

I have never met someone that can give a clear reasonable argument on why their Yamato needs an extra 3k HP.

It is so useless for basically any non DD ship (yes I know there are some arguments on the Mino and I believe it was the Zao, but that is mainly just a meh try it out and still not recomended) that I am suprised it isn't just flat out limited to DD's only. 

Which kind of makes it a "broken" skill since it effectively only affect one specific ship class. A bit like the CV skills.

On topic though core skills should be like already stated PT-AR-SI-CE. MFAA is generally better than AFT since you get so much AA range anyways on tier 9-10 with just the AA module and you got no defensive AA so damage is more important than range.

But if you don't want to spec for AA (it is recomended though since even without a CV you can still deny vision by shooting down spotterplanes) JOA, VIG, IFA and possibly even the torp reload skill are good to alright options.

EM on tier 9-10 is not that worth it tbh since the turrets turn pretty fast already.

[RO-RN]
Players
21 posts
3,671 battles
22 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

SE on a non-DD :fish_palm:

I like the SE for more healing,nothing special.Still more useful on a cruiser than on a battleship+it's more useful for me than Vigilance,since i never go into smoke without the hydro ready.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles
2 hours ago, taraza40 said:

I like the SE for more healing

:fish_palm:

Full heal, where you get the max 100% out of it: extra 1400 HP (you're a cruiser = you don't sit there on fire all the time = doesn't happen). Basically worth 1 BB overpen

Heal after you've taken damage from pens, overpens and citadels: extra 700 HP. Basically worth a little more than 1 CA overpen

It's 100% useless & waste of 3 points

Still more useful on a cruiser than on a battleship

No, it's exactly as useless and trash.

it's more useful for me than Vigilance,since i never go into smoke without the hydro ready.

Vigilance as an actually usable skill is always better. Not that I would pick it, but at least taking that makes sense and doesn't make your team shake their heads in shame

Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
37 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Full heal, where you get the max 100% out of it: extra 1400 HP (you're a cruiser = you don't sit there on fire all the time = doesn't happen). Basically worth 1 BB overpen

Heal after you've taken damage from pens, overpens and citadels: extra 700 HP. Basically worth a little more than 1 CA overpen

It's 100% useless & waste of 3 points

Exactly this. It doesnt matter if you have 1 HP or 3000 HP left with Mino - next thing that shoots at you, will blow you out of the water. On top of that: Usually, if you brought yourself into a position, were you are struggeling to survive with <3000 HP - you are playing RN CLs wrong.

Here is my general build that leaves room for some "personal flavour"

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000001000000000001000000100119

On top of that you can go Radio - usefull for hunting DDs - and put the last point on Priority Target (although its useless on RN Cls pretty much - you are detected and most of the time the entire fleet will shoot you)

Or you go Adrenaline Rush and Vigilance. I personally dont run Vigilance. If you plan on playing with a CV in Div, even BFT would be an option.

[NWP]
Players
4,385 posts
6,242 battles
19 hours ago, ollonborre said:

MFAA is generally better than AFT since you get so much AA range anyways on tier 9-10 with just the AA module and you got no defensive AA so damage is more important than range.

MFAA is not good on Mino. It only increases the DPS of the 152mm AA guns, and its kinda low to begin with. From 118 it doubles. The 76.2mm guns have much more DPS.

AFT however, is really worth it. It basicly lets you have "stealth" AA, meaning, the CV will enter your AA range before it detects you. So even when he wants to leave when you get detected, he is still in your AA range. Also it increases the range of your higher DPS AA guns.

Players
2,486 posts
2,548 battles

Use the 'extended smoke' ability on the captain, but it is because I play in divisions.

Smoke up your fellow mates in BB, leaving a looong trail (at full speed), and then spot... LOL. 

The other side goes 'hey a Leander, lets chase him' and then... BLAP. 

Sure you get less kills yourself, but it's a team game. You'll get better win rate (or, should get...).

I wonder what will happen when I get higher tiers. Fiji isn't that 'attractive' to chase, I have noticed.

But I think smoek will be kinda useless when radar kicks in, except if you use it like I do.