cu_always

How does WoW even out the unequal numbers of players for Shark and Eagle teams?

17 comments in this topic

[L_N_N]
Players
6 posts
10,561 battles

It seems Sharks are winning every day. Why?
I think the multiplier for the lowerpoint team which is currently calculated based on actual scored points (as described by WoW) should be based on the actual number of players in both teams. Then, statistically both teams should score equally, the better team will score more points and win.

The current multiplier will not compensate for different number of players in the teams.

[STAFU]
Players
47 posts
4,617 battles

And once everyone has collected their max loyalty points they will end up switching teams, so everyone in Sharks will move to Eagles and everyone in Eagles will move to Sharks. At this rate, if you started in Eagles you can expect to collect zero containers for the whole event.

Players
82 posts
9,176 battles

They just don't seem to think these kind of tournaments through very well, maybe it's too much vodka? They could have just switched the buttons over so Eagles were on the left side when you had to join another team and most people wouldn't even notice so next time the Sharks would be whining about not having enough players, who cares really anyway it's just a few extra crates.....

Players
4,332 posts
7,740 battles
5 minutes ago, philsta said:

They just don't seem to think these kind of tournaments through very well, maybe it's too much vodka? They could have just switched the buttons over so Eagles were on the left side when you had to join another team and most people wouldn't even notice so next time the Sharks would be whining about not having enough players, who cares really anyway it's just a few extra crates.....

There is never enough vodka

Players
82 posts
9,176 battles
40 minutes ago, Panocek said:

There is never enough vodka

That's because they drink it all, delayed gratification is an extremely important skill to master, if you don't manage it you're pretty screwed later in life......

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
243 posts
12,931 battles

What they failed was team bonus for weaker team. Currently it only gives extra +50/100% for the team points, but weaker team is still weaker.

If they had made it so that weaker team bonus would affect your personal points (even if bonus was something smaller, +20/50%) we would see people jumping to weaker team because that would allow them to farm their personal 4 boxes in shorter time time. 

Players
82 posts
9,176 battles

How about they give out participation ribbons or a participation bonus so even if you suck in the game it doesn't matter because you still get benefits and there is no incentive to  improve your game play? How about they don't even bother to try out competitive ideas because in some rather backward and idiotic circles competition is bad and everyone should win?  The winning team should get the bonus after all they won the game, the losers should get far far less and if some individuals in the team did particularly badly they should make a significant loss, this may spur them on to learn how to play and in doing so enjoy the game more as time goes on. Life doesn't favour the second rate, the poor performers, the ignorant and the stupid, their blood lines tend to die out over time, it's called evolution and non of us would be here today if it didn't work like that.......... 

Beta Tester
4,462 posts
9,777 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 1:28 PM, Olr_Relic said:

And once everyone has collected their max loyalty points they will end up switching teams, so everyone in Sharks will move to Eagles and everyone in Eagles will move to Sharks. At this rate, if you started in Eagles you can expect to collect zero containers for the whole event.

At MOST you'll end up with one less container per day vs the FOUR you can get just by playing.

However, with the higher point income it will be easier to get those four containers (which could easily offset the one from winning for the day) and it would be far easier to get one of the top 1k/100/10 ones too.

Ie, unless you're in the "plays just enough for 4 containers but not quite enough to get into top 1000" you're likely to lose nothing, and will have a decent chance to get more by not being in the winning team.

[STAFU]
Players
47 posts
4,617 battles
6 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

At MOST you'll end up with one less container per day vs the FOUR you can get just by playing.

However, with the higher point income it will be easier to get those four containers (which could easily offset the one from winning for the day) and it would be far easier to get one of the top 1k/100/10 ones too.

Ie, unless you're in the "plays just enough for 4 containers but not quite enough to get into top 1000" you're likely to lose nothing, and will have a decent chance to get more by not being in the winning team.

The boost for being in the weaker team only boosts the team score, not the individual score. So it is the same amount of work to collect the containers regardless of the team. As for the container(s) from the leaderboard for most players, it's only going to worry them once Eagles has around 1000 players so there is a good chance of collecting the container.

Beta Tester
4,462 posts
9,777 battles
2 minutes ago, Olr_Relic said:

The boost for being in the weaker team only boosts the team score, not the individual score. So it is the same amount of work to collect the containers regardless of the team. As for the container(s) from the leaderboard for most players, it's only going to worry them once Eagles has around 1000 players so there is a good chance of collecting the container.

Ah, I stand corrected.

Well still, at worst that's one container less, compared to the 4+ you can get otherwise.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,467 posts
On 31/07/2018 at 11:36 PM, philsta said:

That's because they drink it all, delayed gratification is an extremely important skill to master, if you don't manage it you're pretty screwed later in life......

A choice between living better now and worse in the future, or living between the two the whole time. In principle these outcomes appear to be equal.

Players
315 posts
14,108 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 1:28 PM, Olr_Relic said:

Sadly they did not.

Everyone wants that extra win container with 450 extra coal that can be used towards buying ships in the arsenal-shop.

Also all the shark camo's are better looking.

I personally tried jumping over to eagles the last few days because I already got my camo's.

But I might go back to sharks again because I want as much coal as possible.

/Me

Players
321 posts
5,212 battles
12 hours ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

I personally tried jumping over to eagles the last few days because I already got my camo's.

But I might go back to sharks again because I want as much coal as possible.

843546834a9e3d3a105da73f47a0c505--disloyal-quotes-disloyal-friends.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
315 posts
14,108 battles
1 hour ago, Scipio_Africanus1829 said:

843546834a9e3d3a105da73f47a0c505--disloyal-quotes-disloyal-friends.jpg

Honestly I think this quote has no relevance in this game :)

If it was reality then it would be a different thing.

/Me