You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_IL_DUCE

Basic Secondaries Accuracy

10 comments in this topic

Question

Players
7 posts
4,884 battles

Im quite new on this forum so i dont know if somebody asked this question already... but because i cant find it anywhere i guess im first.
Before Massachusetts was implemented in game they buff his secondaries saying that they are 50% more accurate...
So before i thought basic secondaries accuracy is same for all ships in game, but now it seems its different for each ship and its another hidden stat in game (like sigma values for main guns).
I guess crying for WG to add those quite important stats to be able to see them in game is hopeless... so at least i would like to ask if anybody know whats basic secondaries accuracy values are for each ship (or at least each BB) or where i can find them.
Thanks in advance for any helpful reply.

9 answers to this question

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
7,941 battles

Max Disp = 30m + (20m * (Gun calibre/10)) + (57m × Firing Range in km).

That means Massa secondaries, stock, have a max dispersion of about 700m at 7.5km (since I don't know what rounding occurs, it's between 697 and 712m).

Combining MFCSA, MYS flag and SBM2 reduces the dispersion by 85% to 105m at 7.5km (although these upgrades would have increased range by 25% as well).

But secondaries also have a sigma value that varies from ship to ship, although most have a common sigma of 1.0, so this will also affect secondary performance. And some ships, like Massa and Warspite appear to have a natural dispersion increase of ~40% applied ontop of the regular formula.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Each and every gun has their specific dispersion & sigma values, including secondaries.

Thing is, in general the area isn't too large to begin with, and is easily boosted with skills / upgrades. The exact numbers are pretty irrelevant.

Players
7 posts
4,884 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Each and every gun has their specific dispersion & sigma values, including secondaries.

Thing is, in general the area isn't too large to begin with, and is easily boosted with skills / upgrades. The exact numbers are pretty irrelevant.

If there is such a change by devs. for a ship that her secondaries are 50% more accurate, then exact numbers (= different between ships secondaries) wouldnt be irrelevant especialy for someon like me who use secondaries quit a lot.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
38 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I doubt that each ship has a different value. That would have been data mined.

It's probably similar to what ships carrying those guns have, in other words - probably similar to DDs

Players
7 posts
4,884 battles
55 minutes ago, Zimbit said:

Massachussets' secondary guns are far more accurate then any other US BB I suppose, so it is not "same gun - same accuracy" I think.

It was %40 more accurate AFAIK..

Exactly... And for me there is no more question if its diiferent value for each ship or not... we know it is... and for me its quite important information what accuracy each ship secondaries have...  so mine question is now WHERE I CAN SEE EXACT NUMBERS FOR EACH SHIP SECONDARIES ACCURACY???

Players
7 posts
4,884 battles
1 hour ago, Benser said:

Max Disp = 30m + (20m * (Gun calibre/10)) + (57m × Firing Range in km).

So this is universal calculation how to get secondaries max dispersion of any ship? :) 

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
7,941 battles
16 hours ago, _IL_DUCE said:

So this is universal calculation how to get secondaries max dispersion of any ship? :) 

That is the formula for secondary dispersion, yes, but dispersion is not the only factor in determining accuracy, as I mentioned sigma also plays a role and that value is not common knowledge as far as I'm aware.