You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TrickySteelRat

Is the Navy Go contest broken

10 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
3,135 battles

I know that we are only 3 days into the Go Navy contest but I feel like there are some problems with it, causing it to be Broken. These are

1) The fact that you can choose which team you are on everyday. It should have been the case, that at the beginning of the contest you choose your team and you stayed on that team to help it win.

2) Before you choose your team at the start of your first battle, you are shown how much it is winning by. This will encourage players to pick the team that is already winning, thus causing that team to have more players scoring points for it. It is human nature to want to be on the winning team. This leads onto:

3) Why was the option to change teams even given at all, and why are you rewarded for it with a container? People will change teams just to get a container. The loyalty bonus is not sufficient to tempt, well loyalty.

4) I chose to be on the Eagles team at the beginning of the contest and at the time of writing they have not won a single day. In fact they are losing by nearly 8 million points. Now i know some people will say " your only complaining because your team is losing/ not very good". I'm not complaining about that, I can just as easily pick the Sharks tomorrow and be on the winning team. 

It seems a silly way to conduct a " Contest" when everyone can switch teams when they want and be rewarded for it. If you had to pick your team and stay with it throughout the whole contest, then people would have a sense of pride and accomplishment at the end of the contest. 

What are your views on this, am I missing the point or am I making a valid point.

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles

4: Then you know why Sharks are winning.

And thank WG for allowing you to switch. That way you are not on the losing team the whole time.

And yes, in two to three weeks, Eagles will be winning, when people maximized their Skarks Tokens.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,713 posts
9,928 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And yes, in two to three weeks, Eagles will be winning, when people maximized their Skarks Tokens.

That.

Players
4 posts
3,135 battles

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

But isn't the whole idea of a "contest" is to see who the better team is? As i said at the end of my first comment, if you knew what team you were on from the beginning you would have a sense of pride in your team and if you were losing you would want to fight harder. Having the contest run this way is like having a footballer who plays for Manchester United, play most of his games for the club only to change to, let's say Arsenal who are winning the league. In fact if he did that and was rewarded for it he and Arsenal would probably be fined and thrown out of football. 

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles

You cannot have fair fights for weeks if the teams look always the same.

Imagine WG would distribute the playerbase into two teams. Imagine you cannot change the team. Imagine one team is stronger. Guess who wins most of the time? Guess who will be unhappy?

Players
4 posts
3,135 battles

Ok, I'll accept you point of view. Do you think it is right that they show who is winning in the daily contest before you pick a side. Should the results be tallied up at the end of the day and then shown. Like I said if you know who is winning before you choose a side, people being people, will almost always pick the side that is already winning. 

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles

Then pick the winning side.

This "contest" is not about winning, is about motivation for the players to play more.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,585 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, TrickySteelRat sagte:

1) The fact that you can choose which team you are on everyday. It should have been the case, that at the beginning of the contest you choose your team and you stayed on that team to help it win.

imho this is a major improvement in respect to the elements events where you were bound to a team...

Players
4 posts
3,135 battles

I think your view on the idea of what is a contest and mine are very different. Ok, so this whole thing is just a resource grab. For example, pick the Eagles who will always be losing at the start of the day and then swap to the sharks when invited and get a free container, rinse and repeat. They may as well just give everyone 5 free containers each day. 

[-GG-]
Players
172 posts
11,317 battles

No matter which side you play your gain is the same - either you stay with Sharks and win a daily container or you switch to Eagels and you receive that container as a bribe. So what's the problem ? 

No to mention that for Eagles the pts treshold to be in 1000, 100 or 10 are much lower so if anyone has time for hardcore playing Eagels are the more profitable option.