Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tadaMonika

The most important Izumo buff

11 comments in this topic

[GULLY]
Players
66 posts
2,698 battles

Hello fellow japanese BB enthusiasts,

So with the recent Izumo buffs (it is actually playable now and dare I say it, somehow... decent?) I think we can all agree that now, the most important buff this ship needs is a buff to its appearance.

I just so happened to stumble upon this picture here:

This thing actually looks not half bad. It still is unique and retains the basic WG-design but looks just way better than the ingame-version of Izumo. The layered secondaries (now they are in a straight line, which does not only look bad, but is also functionally bad), the more pronounced and curved bow area, the superstructure that doesn't look like Thaddeus's house, the Yamato-like turret design, etc...

What do you think guys? I would really love to see this design in the game.

Cheers

• Cool 2

Players
31 posts
3,584 battles

I really like it, since I think Izumo is just a very early and very basic paper ship.

My only gripe is that this would require WG to make an entirely new model, so quite a bit of work for an already existing ship. The much more efficient buff would be to make it's third turret forward-facing, thus making the ship more comfortable to play and angle.

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,831 posts
3,714 battles

Just use any other design for A140. WG made the decision to go with one of the unlikeliest to be build, uncomfortable to play, and generaly ugliest choice of all the designs.

Spoiler

https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/Yamato-Preliminary-Design-A-140D-746763878

yamato_preliminary_design_a_140d_by_tzol

This would not only look better but also play better

• Cool 4

[GULLY]
Players
66 posts
2,698 battles
15 minutes ago, Verdius said:

Just use any other design for A140. WG made the decision to go with one of the unlikeliest to be build, uncomfortable to play, and generaly ugliest choice of all the designs.

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/Yamato-Preliminary-Design-A-140D-746763878

yamato_preliminary_design_a_140d_by_tzol

This would not only look better but also play better

That would certainly be way better gameplay wise. But I did not want to ask for that because I was surprised to even see WG actually finally buffing this ugly abomination in any way, so to ask for the alternate turret layout ontop of the design change (which is a ton of work as Erga already mentioned) seemed a bit too much (we cannot have good japanese ships now, can we WG?)

[SINT]
Players
269 posts
12,575 battles

I wonder if the buff to Izumo (and the nerf to Alsace) actualy changed the hierarchy of the tier 9 BB’s. FdG and Izumo are still the worst (FdG and Izumo might schifted place) with Mo being on top, followed by Mushashi, Iowa and (still) Alsace and Lion.

The buff of the stats makers it slightly better with a better (less worse) visibility and better armor. The playstyle remains the same though..Maybe a Nelson style turret setup will make it a more active type of ship.

[CATS]
Players
13,501 posts
10,352 battles

WG said that they are thinking about it, but do not have ressources at the moment for a reworked model.

[GULLY]
Players
66 posts
2,698 battles
37 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

WG said that they are thinking about it, but do not have ressources at the moment for a reworked model.

Where did they say that?

Also @Jvd2000 yeah, Izumo is better now than FdG. This ship is also desperately in need of a buff.

[CATS]
Players
13,501 posts
10,352 battles

I read it here on the forum. Not sure if it was a direct answer or a translated Q&A.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles

I do not think I ever had issues with her to begin with, as I liked her dispersion a lot and a very well armored nose (them cheeks!!!). She needed to be used very specifically, and her C turret was awkward to use, yes, but overall she is a very handy ship.

I believe the A140 model introduction would change things drastically and bring her back to people's attention, she probably would gain much appreciation, and I would be a huge supporter of such change. 

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

I would not complain about a visual "buff" to Izumo. I had the fortune of unlocking her just as the news of the buff hit. Have to say she's not as bad as people make out, the guns are excellent in every way. Looks quirky but yes, very simplistic and downright odd in some ways.

Sign in to follow this