You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valrond

Boise or Nueve de Julio?

Which ship are you getting?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Boise or Nueve?

• Boise
    • Nueve de Julio
    • Both

40 comments in this topic

[NKK2]
Beta Tester
599 posts
5,797 battles

First, please only answer the poll if you have bought or are planning to buy either ship.

Now, what ship do you prefer?

I got Boise. Why? I already have a 14 point Captain with SI, CE and IFHE, which is the mínimum to take advantage of this ship. I Will eventually get Nueve de Julio (just 300k, easy with the 200% xp bonus and all the special flags, just today I got 33k XP in 2 games), but starting with a 1 point Captain is pretty bad, and I don't want any of the bloated Admiral packs (I have bought them other times, like with the Massachussetts). 

[DC-DK]
Players
1,761 posts
22,432 battles

I bought both. to be honest I first realised I could have gotten one of them for free after I bought the big bundle... No harm done because I was low on flags anyhow. plus 10 point commanders is always useful. Think I'm going to enjoy both ships

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,389 posts
14,127 battles

I did it wrong. Bought 9 de Julio and had to spend Commander XP to train up a new captain to 6 points. Had I done it the other way around I could have used any US captain on Boise to get the PanAmerican ship and I would have got it with a 6-point commander for free.

So if you're not in a rush to get a PanAmerican commander, the best order is buying Boise and then doing the mission to get 9 de Julio.

• Cool 2

[DC-DK]
Players
1,761 posts
22,432 battles

If I only had bought one of them it would have Boise... Since I already have a suitable 19 point skipper.. Didn't fought a battle in the Argentinian before I had enough Elite commander xp to make the commander a 14 pointer. So I could put both IFHE and CE on him...

[TOXIC]
Players
1,006 posts
15,372 battles

Bough Boise. Nueve de Julio is a good option only if you have enough Commander XP to get at least 10pt captain with IFHE as a first choice.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,556 posts
5,035 battles

Bought Boise; basically a mixture of pragmatic reasons (I already have at least one captain with sufficient skills), and emotional (I'm not comfortable paying money for something with NdJ's later history).

Not entirely rational, since I'll eventually get NdJ in my garage anyway, but there you go...

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,978 posts
4,961 battles

Where is my option for "neither"?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
757 posts
4,583 battles

i bought the Julio and got a 10 point captain with it and leveled with elite XP to a 14 point captain

The logic is that if I had bought the Boise (without a captain) and unlocked the Julio I'd be stuck with a 3 point captain.

I must admit I had a brain fart when I realized the. Julio has heal while the Boise has radar.   

Players
1,481 posts
5,740 battles
2 hours ago, valrond said:

First, please only answer the poll if you have bought or are planning to buy either ship.

I don't and still voted!

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,761 posts
22,432 battles
14 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

i bought the Julio and got a 10 point captain with it and leveled with elite XP to a 14 point captain

The logic is that if I had bought the Boise (without a captain) and unlocked the Julio I'd be stuck with a 3 point captain.

I must admit I had a brain fart when I realized the. Julio has heal while the Boise has radar.   

Boise has no radar.. you can choose between dfaa and hydro on both ships.. they are exactly the same except for name and camo

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,556 posts
5,035 battles
11 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Radar? I thought the two were utterly identical (haven't looked in game yet)?

[DC-DK]
Players
1,761 posts
22,432 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

Radar? I thought the two were utterly identical (haven't looked in game yet)?

They are

• Cool 1

[HMSR]
Players
1,631 posts
5,871 battles

Bought Boise, put in my 19 pointer and i'll grind the 300k XP requiered for NdJ with cammos and flags pretty fast :Smile_honoring:

It's the only logical way to me :cap_yes:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
757 posts
4,583 battles
22 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Boise has no radar.. you can choose between dfaa and hydro on both ships.. they are exactly the same except for name and camo

I was basing that on the YouTube videos posted including the one by Notser on the Boise.    The Boise can mount hydro and radar in the 2nd and 3rd slots.  The Julio can mount Defensive AA or Hydro in the 2nd slot and only Heal in the 3rd slot.  No radar for the Julio (which I have and not the Boise).

[DC-DK]
Players
1,761 posts
22,432 battles

Boise got heal instead of radar... The youtube video you have seen is a early wip.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
757 posts
4,583 battles
36 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Boise got heal instead of radar... The youtube video you have seen is a early wip.

Ah, thanks.

[NKK2]
Beta Tester
599 posts
5,797 battles
2 hours ago, Juanx said:

Right next where I say "only people that are going to buy or have bought the ships". If you don't want to buy either, you don't have to vote.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

Boise, easily. Nuevo does not interest me very much, although I will not say no to a chance of earning a free ship.

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,761 posts
22,432 battles
3 minutes ago, valrond said:

Right next where I say "only people that are going to buy or have bought the ships". If you don't want to buy either, you don't have to vote.

A sort of owners club exclusively thingy

[JRM]
Players
676 posts
12,310 battles

Apparently both, i bought  Boise and got mission for 9dh (300k ex until 31.12should be doable without much strain) 

[SINT]
Players
269 posts
12,668 battles
23 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Apparently both, i bought  Boise and got mission for 9dh (300k ex until 31.12should be doable without much strain) 

300k? Thougt it was a mere 30k... Atleast it is xp after modifiers

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,201 posts
8,644 battles
3 hours ago, Juanx said:

Because OP is biased and wants to exclude those of us who won't be buying them, me specifically because the gun range is way too short.

[KAKE]
Players
646 posts
2,700 battles

Don't know if I want her yet. But which is the most sensible option depends on what bundle you're looking at, I'd say.

If you buy one of the bundles with commander, then you're better off buying the NdJ, since you'll probably already have a US cruiser captain that can sit nicely in the Boise, and you can get the Boise by completing the mission. If you buy the Boise, you'll eventually end up with a NdJ with a cruddy commander.

If you don't spend that kind of money then it's not really much of a difference, I guess.

[JRM]
Players
676 posts
12,310 battles
8 hours ago, Jvd2000 said:

300k? Thougt it was a mere 30k... Atleast it is xp after modifiers

Yep 300k everything counts

Players
39 posts
2,312 battles

If either (I'm not convinced), then Boise.

As Nueve de Julio has some utterly disgraceful history and should not be celebrated in any way.