Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

[GO NAVY!] best farming ship

36 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles

What is your guess for the best farming ship ?

Since the personal missions are not as common as I had hoped, the best tactic seems to be farming heroic achievements, if possible at TX.

My guess is that the most reliable one to get would be the Dreadnought (losing 120% of your ship HP and surviving) in the Grozovoi.

Ships like Conqueror and Khaba can also lose HP and heal up easily, but you will have to be too cautious not to die and will be useless when low in HP.

Grozovoi can get low in HP and then just stick to smoke-firing and torpedoes for the rest of the game, still being useful.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,851 posts
20,718 battles
12 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

What is your guess for the best farming ship ?

Since the personal missions are not as common as I had hoped, the best tactic seems to be farming heroic achievements, if possible at TX.

My guess is that the most reliable one to get would be the Dreadnought (losing 120% of your ship HP and surviving) in the Grozovoi.

Ships like Conqueror and Khaba can also lose HP and heal up easily, but you will have to be too cautious and useless when low in HP.

Grozovoi can get low in HP and then just stick to smoke-firing and torpedoes for the rest of the game, still being useful.

Yes but uou can have the combination of Witherer/Dreadnought in Conqueror. I have not tried yet and will not farm points in the same manner - I have not time for this during the whole event (travel+work) though I might play the ship even so. I play the Halsey campaign so it is much US ships.

But if you get two heroics in same battle is it double the points or just max 1 per game that you get points for. Conq should also be useful for confeds.

Personal missions? Is it a little early to see that? How many have you got in how many games?

Hope we get more info soon from other players.

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
4 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Yes but uou can have the combination of Witherer/Dreadnought in Conqueror.

I don't have a Conqueror - can you get the Witherer almost every game?

Because then yeah, it would be a perfect pick.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,673 posts
13,098 battles

- play a CV

- farm braindead potatoes for Confederate and High Caliber almost every match

- profit

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

- play a CV

- farm braindead potatoes for Confederate and High Caliber almost every match

- profit

Hey man, I know you are the king of T8 CVs. But for this you need to go TX if possible. :Smile_teethhappy:

Haven't tried my Haku after the buff - maybe I should do it.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,851 posts
20,718 battles
Just now, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

I don't have a Conqueror - can you get the Witherer almost every game?

I have play too few games to answer it with certainty but she seems fairly easy compared to other ships, if you are a good BB player in these ships she at least for me feels so, but you must know yourself - if you have good success with Grozo play that ship. I am leaning more that as the Conqueror has several possibilities in achievements it might lead to better chance overall.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,673 posts
13,098 battles
1 minute ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

But for this you need to go TX if possible. 

That's even better. If you have a Midway you can take totally balans meme bombs to pay visits to braindead cruisers who don't have DFAA. :Smile_trollface:

[POI--]
Players
42 posts
4,425 battles

@_Helmut_Kohl_

I do play my Conqueror fairly often (Forgive my sins) but I'd say if you play well and actually don't like throw yourself away immediately...
Yes its fairly easy to get Witherer, I think If i don't get it every game I play maybe 1 in 2 games? Plus all the filthy Dreadnoughts you get for printing new ships every now and again... :cap_popcorn:

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
8 minutes ago, Kongouuu said:

@_Helmut_Kohl_
I do play my Conqueror fairly often (Forgive my sins) but I'd say if you play well and actually don't like throw yourself away immediately...
Yes its fairly easy to get Witherer, I think If i don't get it every game I play maybe 1 in 2 games? Plus all the filthy Dreadnoughts you get for printing new ships every now and again... :cap_popcorn:

Ok, so if you will get either Witherer or Dreadnought, if not both, Conqueror seems like a damn good pick.

[POI--]
Players
42 posts
4,425 battles
33 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Ok, so if you will get either Witherer or Dreadnought, if not both, Conqueror seems like a damn good pick.

Is Witherer and Dreadnought classed as a Heroic Achievement though? I thought it was only Kraken, High Caliber and a couple others? (Feel stupid asking about it but atleast it clarifies whats what)

If they do count I think I might need the Conqueror Perma Camo..... :cap_money:

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
2 minutes ago, Kongouuu said:

Is Witherer and Dreadnought classed as a Heroic Achievement though? I thought it was only Kraken, High Caliber and a couple others? (Feel stupid asking about it but atleast it clarifies whats what)

Heroic Achievementshide
Icon_achievement_SUPPORT.png
Confederate

Damage at least 6 enemy ships. Damage caused to each ship must exceed 20% of her normal HP. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_DREADNOUGHT.png
Dreadnought

Receive damage exceeding 120% of your ship's normal HP from 4 or more enemy ships and survive the battle. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_MAIN_CALIBER.png
High Caliber

Damage at least 4 enemy ships. Damage caused must exceed 30% of the total HP of all the ships in the enemy team. Can be obtained once per battle.
icon_achievement_WARRIOR.png
Kraken Unleashed

In a single battle, destroy five or more enemy ships. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_ONE_SOLDIER_IN_THE_FIELD.png
Solo Warrior

Stand alone against at least 4 enemy ships and win the battle. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_WITHERING.png
Witherer

Cause at least 60,000 HP of fire and flooding damage to enemy ships. Can be obtained once per battle.
  • Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
42 posts
4,425 battles
9 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Heroic Achievementshide
Icon_achievement_SUPPORT.png
Confederate

Damage at least 6 enemy ships. Damage caused to each ship must exceed 20% of her normal HP. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_DREADNOUGHT.png
Dreadnought

Receive damage exceeding 120% of your ship's normal HP from 4 or more enemy ships and survive the battle. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_MAIN_CALIBER.png
High Caliber

Damage at least 4 enemy ships. Damage caused must exceed 30% of the total HP of all the ships in the enemy team. Can be obtained once per battle.
icon_achievement_WARRIOR.png
Kraken Unleashed

In a single battle, destroy five or more enemy ships. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_ONE_SOLDIER_IN_THE_FIELD.png
Solo Warrior

Stand alone against at least 4 enemy ships and win the battle. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_WITHERING.png
Witherer

Cause at least 60,000 HP of fire and flooding damage to enemy ships. Can be obtained once per battle.

Well.... Now i feel dumb :cap_wander:

Thanks for Clearing it up Man! Other good picks would be maybe the Mino? Super heal plus you can pump out tonnes of Damage. Not sure really but for sure the Conqueror is a Strong pick.
Even the Lion can get Witherer quite often but its nowhere as easy or likely as the Hotto Dogu Conqueror 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,060 battles

Why so desperate to get those points? from what I see 300 points or 750 if you have a bit more time are rather easy to get even with normal play. :cap_old:

It's not like these containers give something THAT special to make a difference if you get one or two less than maximum per day (for your personal points).

The Loyality points and the tokens they give is where the interesting stuff is at.

But if you really need a ship to farm those I guess Conq is fine.

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
7 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Why so desperate to get those points? from what I see 300 points or 750 if you have a bit more time are rather easy to get even with normal play. :cap_old:

Depends how much time you have every day.

It's not like these containers give something THAT special to make a difference if you get one or two less than maximum per day (for your personal points).

Well, picking the right ship can easily make you additional 900 coal every single day.

The Loyality points and the tokens they give is where the interesting stuff is at.

If you want those silly looking camos yes.

If you want your Salem asap, coal is the thing to get.

[5D]
Players
381 posts
19,617 battles

earn about 500 to 600 points per midway game. easy top 10 in go navy

[POI--]
Players
42 posts
4,425 battles
8 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Why so desperate to get those points?

Because in the Famous words of someone great...

"Points means Prizes!"
Just hoping someone gets the Reference :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,060 battles
6 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Depends how much time you have every day.

If you only have time for 2 to 3 games then even conq might not help you if you get unlucky. (detonation, surprise bumrush of a unspotted DD etc)

Well, picking the right ship can easily make you additional 900 coal every single day.

getting 2 "more resources" container for 12.500 xp can get you even more every single day. 240k is where the salem is at. There is not much more you REALLY need coal for... (even Salem is not THAT exciting)

If you want those silly looking camos yes.

If you want your Salem asap, coal is the thing to get.

No you can just buy those containers for 5 Tokens if you really want them. If you got all tokens of a team that is 39 containers...

And on the Salem see above...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,254 posts
7,335 battles

I've tried, but I never seem to get witherer or arsonist in my mino...I wonder what's wrong...

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
59 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

earn about 500 to 600 points per midway game. easy top 10 in go navy

You have 2.44 average frags in your Midway.

Personal missions are not that common, so even with HC and Witherer you would average something like 350.

54 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

No you can just buy those containers for 5 Tokens if you really want them. If you got all tokens of a team that is 39 containers...

No you can do that anyway - coal from points is additional.

[POI--]
Players
42 posts
4,425 battles
3 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

I've tried, but I never seem to get witherer or arsonist in my mino...I wonder what's wrong...

:cap_wander: Not trying Hard enough perhaps?

In all seriousness Minotaur getting Confederate, High Caliber or Dreadnought isn't unobtainable if you don't die in the first 10 seconds of being spotted...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,060 battles

No you can do that anyway - coal from points is additional.

Or you could you know get the Des Moines premium camo with the tokens and use the steel you get on the Salem instead of the Stalingrad (which is basically the same as the DM with prem camo)

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
5 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Or you could you know get the Des Moines premium camo with the tokens

It is ugly.

Also I have the normal perma.

and use the steel you get on the Salem instead of the Stalingrad

WTF? No, I will keep my 23k steel since I am not an idiot.

Coal is way easier to obtain.

(which is basically the same as the DM with prem camo)

Nope.

Salem has super-heal and super-DCP, allowing a much more aggressive playstyle, which should be fun.

[-GG-]
Players
132 posts
9,804 battles

Judging by this tread I shall play only Mino and DezMoinez for the next month ... both  full AA spec :cap_rambo:

Anyway 'In-game tasks" are much better rewarded in pts and they don't seem to be undoable

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,060 battles

It is ugly.

Also I have the normal perma.

WTF? No, I will keep my 23k steel since I am not an idiot.

Coal is way easier to obtain.

So what do you need your Steel for?

If you already have DM perma camo and with those amount of Steel probably Flint+Black too then what for?

You seem to be in a hurry to get the coal for salem so...

Nope.

Salem has super-heal and super-DCP, allowing a much more aggressive playstyle, which should be fun.

I meant DM=Stalingrad

Beta Tester
2,042 posts
8,168 battles
5 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

So what do you need your Steel for?

If you already have DM perma camo and with those amount of Steel probably Flint+Black too then what for?

You seem to be in a hurry to get the coal for salem so...

I meant DM=Stalingrad

If they don't make the Stalingrad a 2nd Kronshtadt, I will want that - especially an AP-only version.

After that, I could get the Black. But my guess is that they will introduce another TX steel ship after the Stalingrad.

Steel will always be the rare resource and should not be wasted on coal (which you get everywhere).

Sign in to follow this