Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ryouzanpakku

Captain skills for US CL line also good for Atlanta?

24 comments in this topic

Players
131 posts
1,010 battles

Is this even possible? I would like to start playing WoWs again after long time. Before I have left I liked most T6 Cleveland... and when friend told me about 50% off on Atlanta I have spent doubloons sitting on my account for a long time.

I would like to focus on new US CL line (yeah I like to shoot people from behind islands - sue me :D ) but I am bit unsure how to build a captain which will be good for Helena/Cleveland while also working well with Atlanta...

As for now I have a fairly standard 10point captain with Priority Target - Adrenaline Rush - Demolition Expert - IFHE.

Players
3,268 posts
6,860 battles
2 minutes ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

Is this even possible? I would like to start playing WoWs again after long time. Before I have left I liked most T6 Cleveland... and when friend told me about 50% off on Atlanta I have spent doubloons sitting on my account for a long time.

I would like to focus on new US CL line (yeah I like to shoot people from behind islands - sue me :D ) but I am bit unsure how to build a captain which will be good for Helena/Cleveland while also working well with Atlanta...

As for now I have a fairly standard 10point captain with Priority Target - Adrenaline Rush - Demolition Expert - IFHE.

PT, AR, SI (Demo), IFHE, CE, AFT.

Here, fixed.

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,795 posts
6,434 battles

It's almost the same.

Atlanta, ideally, should be run with PT-AR-DE-IFHE-AFT-CE in that order. So 18 points. Just add PM on top for the 19th. This captain works in the whole US CL line, except you don't really need AFT, and from tier 8 onward, you'd rather give it up for Superintendent and Jack of All Trade.

I'd say : go for an Atlanta specific captain with the build I gave you, and you can also use it for Helena and Cleveland, but you need another one for Seattle/Worcester as you want those extra consumable. AFT is nice for deleting planes though, but I think it isn't worth giving up a heal, an hydro and a radar.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles

I would (and will) go with this (Considering you will use the captain on Worcester):

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000000000010000001000010100119

Dont spec out of AFT. Because when CV rework will be in place you will be sorry if you are speccing out of AA at this time.

So basically what I will change is ... I will drop the DE and use the SI.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,799 battles
30 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I would (and will) go with this:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000000000010000001000010100119

Dont spec out of AFT. Because when CV rework will be in place you will be sorry if you are speccing out of AA at this time.

So basically what I will change is ... I will drop the DE and use the SI.

When the CV rework is ready, one can only pray for free captain respec and module respec on all ships.......

• Cool 1

Players
131 posts
1,010 battles

TY all :) So there is no space for BFT on universal captain as I was afraid.... :( thats too bad would like to see even more dakka on Atlanta :D

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Because when CV rework will be in place you will be sorry if you are speccing out of AA at this time.

is that in 2020 or in 2021?

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,699 posts
13,142 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Because when CV rework will be in place you will be sorry if you are speccing out of AA at this time.

Pretty sure we'll get to respec when it hits anyway as it will change up plane - AA dynamics dramatically.

Whenever that will be.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Pretty sure we'll get to respec when it hits anyway as it will change up plane - AA dynamics dramatically.

Whenever that will be.

Hopefully ... yet in the past it happened that the free respec was somewhat "limited" ...

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,389 posts
14,127 battles

I use my 18-point T8 Cleveland captain (which was actually my T6 Cleveland captain) in the Atlanta. A couple of skills may not be the best (Expert marksman not really needed in Atlanta), but it works quite well with Concealment expert, Advanced fire training and IFHE.

Players
131 posts
1,010 battles
6 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

I use my 19 point Helena commander

I was thinking about pretty much this - getting BFT instead of DE - but I am afraid what what it will do with the number of fires as even with IFHE fires are big percentage of my total damage (if I remember correctly)

[TTT]
Players
3,579 posts
7,456 battles
18 minutes ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

I was thinking about pretty much this - getting BFT instead of DE - but I am afraid what what it will do with the number of fires as even with IFHE fires are big percentage of my total damage (if I remember correctly)

stick to DE for the Atlanta. with your almost non existent base fire chance, it makes a huge difference (40% if you run both signals, 50% without). You have enough Dakka already THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ENOUGH DAKKA HERETIC!!!!! ahem... where was I? sorry...

• Funny 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,072 posts
3,825 battles
5 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ENOUGH DAKKA HERETIC!!!!! 

And yet, you recommend foregoing 10% more dakka... Did I miss something?

Alpha Tester
1,746 posts
4,631 battles
6 minutes ago, Blixies said:

The hull should be painted red for extra speed!

• Funny 2

[TTT]
Players
3,579 posts
7,456 battles
49 minutes ago, Blixies said:

well, seeing as I cant get enough dakka anyway, might as well go for MOAR TOASTY ROASTY BURNINATION, right?

• Funny 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,072 posts
3,825 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

well, seeing as I cant get enough dakka anyway, might as well go for MOAR TOASTY ROASTY BURNINATION, right?

I see... *slowly backs away from the room*

• Funny 1

[SOR]
Beta Tester
1,757 posts
6,352 battles

BFT and AFT is a must on Atlanta. Not really the case for other US CLs. 

Btw found it weird just how many dont run BFTbon Atlanta and run DE instead.. Dont listen to them, BFT is leagues better for an Atlanta/Flint dedicated captain.

Edit: BFT is better because:

direct damage > repairable DoT

DE doesnt help much against DDs and CA rushing you

More AA why not

Firestarting is already so good, more is kinda reduntant in most scenarios

Players
3,268 posts
6,860 battles
1 hour ago, Kartoffelmos said:

The hull should be painted red for extra speed!

boss, we ain't enuff red paint, but we got yellow. It will boom harder!

Spoiler

shot-18.07.27_14.15.03-0189.jpg

Spoiler

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles
3 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Presumably, cleansing the heretic with fire is an acceptable alternative to cleansing with prodigious dakka, for the discerning gentleman?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,257 posts
7,336 battles

I personally think you should have 2 captains for light US cruisers. One with EM and one without EM.... but if you do just one build, then the following works:

PT, EM, AR,BFT,DE,CE,IFHE

Priority target makes sure you know when you should dodge

Expert Marksman is NOT needed in high tier light US cruisers.

AR is a must to improve dpm when ships is damaged

BFT is massive boost to Atlanta DPM and helps AA in all ships.

DE boosts firechance in every ship

CE obvious

IFHE works also in all light US cruisers.

Why BFT?.... SI does not really help "that" much... Rarely do you run out of heals or radars in high tier US cruisers. Usually you just die to that citadel from BB.

But if you think you will play a lot of Atlanta.... you really want BFT for max dakka...

IF you play one of those ships that doesn't need EM... then you could build a little different version (which also works well in Atlanta)

PT, PM, AR, DE, IFHE,AFT,CE

[NKK2]
Beta Tester
599 posts
5,797 battles
9 hours ago, Panocek said:

PT, AR, SI (Demo), IFHE, CE, AFT.

Here, fixed.

Exactly. It Works in all American CL and ALSO in the Massachusetts. So with the same Captain (let's say the Worcester or whatever your main USN CL is) you can use it in 3 premium ships: Atlanta, Boise and Massachussetts.

Players
786 posts
6,863 battles

It's really sufficiently different that it's kept me from getting the Atlanta. 

It might work great on a hybrid fireship + AA captain (with BFT+AFT) for Cleveland etc., but that's not a good way to run those ships these days. Rather you'd focus on your consumables and IFHE.

I always kinda wanted the Atlanta because it's kind of hilarious -- but really that whole playstyle is a big fat gimmick, and not sufficiently interesting to train an entirely new captain.

Sign in to follow this