Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bics93

Expert Marksman on Soviet DDs

6 comments in this topic

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
120 posts
3,001 battles

Hi! With the 7.7 Podvoisky, Gnevny and Minsk received a buff to turret rotation and now they need 18,6’’ to turn 180 degrees (used to be 30s), should I respec the commander and remove expert marksman? Or should I maintain that skill to rotate in 14,8’’?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,662 posts
13,098 battles

Honestly that would depend on whether or not you can keep your guns on a target while turning.

If yes, I wouldn't bother.

If not, yeah, I'd take it.

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Players
983 posts
5,249 battles

As a comparison the Blyskawica, Gallant and Clemson all have 18 seconds and I never considered EM on those ships. I also used the turret traverse upgrade on the Gnevny and Minsk, but I already removed those and replaced them with Aiming Systems. With the buff the turret traverse is now good enough for how I play the Russian DD's, and I rather improve the accuracy then.

I use my captain on Gremyashchy as well however, and that one didn't get the buff.

Besides, I rather wait for a free respec. Until then I can use them on the Gremyashchy, since she needs it anyway.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,110 posts
11,251 battles

Only using EM in my dedicated Gremy/Lenin captain. Have not even considered it for other DDs yet, so I would suggest to get rid of it if you can do so cheap or for free (as others have already pointed out) to make room for AR and LS (or whatever skill you like).

• Cool 2

Players
392 posts
5,781 battles

Depends how you play, every bit helps in a cap, but for the most part no it is not needed. My 19 point Soviet will be keeping it for Leningrad and my 19 point Pan Asian for the Anshan. It's not a bad thing, and unless you captain is 19 points I would leave it and keep leveling. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles
13 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Only using EM in my dedicated Gremy/Lenin captain. Have not even considered it for other DDs yet, so I would suggest to get rid of it if you can do so cheap or for free (as others have already pointed out) to make room for AR and LS (or whatever skill you like).

The Okhotnik needs it too I believe but only special folk would buy or play that ship (me included).

:cap_haloween:

• Funny 4

Sign in to follow this