You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Bloodless

Can we get rid of DETONATION?

74 comments in this topic

[DC-DK]
Players
1,757 posts
22,432 battles

And you didn't make use of the flags you earned by the first detonation?? rest my case lol

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[OSWEG]
Players
162 posts
3,264 battles

I cant more than agree. It serves no purpose at all and is a completely pointless addition to the game especially when you can counter it with a flag.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
8 minutes ago, Captain_Bloodless said:

Detonated 2 games in a row.

Stealth credits sink.

No. End of story.

Also, use det flags and/or mag mod 1 ::Smile-_tongue:

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
1,746 posts
4,631 battles

No, because:

- Muh realism

- You have flags

- I want to be rewarded for merely being lucky

- Bad players need to have extra RNG to punish "evuul poorples"

Clearly, a feature that's so good that the game actively promotes disabling it must be preserved!

• Boring 1

Players
2,788 posts
15,349 battles

I have for example 51 detonations in 13500 battles overall. 0,37% is not a big deal.

I stopped using flags at DD and installed -70% module on almost all DD and haven't a single one, from the time when WG changed detonation rules.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ONIX]
Players
1,075 posts
8,546 battles

I hadn't seen a detonation for ages and since the last patch (that is, today) I have detonated once and killed an enemy ship in the same manner. Maybe something has crept back in?

Or confirmation bias. :Smile_hiding:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,698 posts
13,142 battles

While detonations can stay in randoms, coop and operations if WG really insists on keeping such a mechanic, it should definitely be removed from ranked, clan wars and training battles aka competitive.

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
11 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

While detonations can stay in randoms, coop and operations if WG really insists on keeping such a mechanic, it should definitely be removed from ranked, clan wars and training battles aka competitive.

Training battles is competetive now?

• Boring 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,025 posts
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Fair point.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,698 posts
13,142 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Training battles is competetive now?

It's how competitive matches are played, no?

Or just give them the ability to switch detonations on and off in the options.

Alpha Tester
1,746 posts
4,631 battles
29 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

operations

Detonation of players is turned off in operations (will add a source later). I guess being detonated by a bot is where WG drew the line :Smile_trollface:.

EDIT: Source

In Operations, friendly fire is disabled. The only way to damage an ally is by ramming. Apart from that, players' ships have a 0% chance of detonation.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,757 posts
22,432 battles

You just need one flag in those training battles... Since all flags are free in the training room

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,974 posts
4,959 battles
24 minutes ago, GhostRider_24 said:

Got detonated in CB.....my rage was epic.

Why tho?

I mean, going into ranked without deto flags is asking for it really, no one to blame but yourself.

• Boring 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,872 posts
11,299 battles

WG nerfed full HP detonations for you though...

Removing it from competitive sounds good as I've had quite a few Ranked games go decisively either way because a critical ship has been nuked at a really bad time.

The Anti Det module seems to stop the majority of premature explosions tho. 

[HOME]
Players
578 posts
7,635 battles

Just think about the very start of this game when it was designed:

"Okay guys lets make this feature where a player who can do absolutely nothing to prevent it (yeah yeah flags i know but i mean ingame actions) die by a single shell or torpedo because it is..... fun?"

YEAH GREAT IDEA!

Thus WoWs was born.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,872 posts
11,299 battles
23 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Just think about the very start of this game when it was designed:

"Okay guys lets make this feature where a player who can do absolutely nothing to prevent it (yeah yeah flags i know but i mean ingame actions) die by a single shell or torpedo because it is..... fun?"

YEAH GREAT IDEA!

Thus WoWs was born.

And when you willfully make the class with the most HP and armour have decent long range guns that have the potential to RNG skill stuff out the game the most popular to play yes, WoWS in a nutshell :cap_book:

• Cool 2

[TENGO]
Players
1,457 posts
8,205 battles

I really have no clue how some people keep defending such a stupid mechanism, especially one that disfavours one particular class so much more than the others.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
127 posts
6,651 battles

Maybe we should remove citadel Hits as well? Its more fun getting 3 citadels and die instantly. You agree? 

Or Maybe any damage at all.... 

Seriously lads, its a Part of the game. 

Deal with it. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Which is never going to happen either because of the riot WG would have by the rest of the playerbase because of them removing detonations for those specific modes but not for randoms and just removing them completely from the game, so...

[SNUBS]
Players
1,228 posts
6,322 battles

must have been a detonation day today then i detonated twice today as well  

once in my dd and once in my kurfurst.

Both time going for objectives and trying to salvage a game where my team was dogshit. 

normaly i would not care but if u have to make a move because u already have these godawfull teams and then RNG [edited] u over as well can be really frustrating.

[HAERT]
Players
2,025 posts
20 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Which is never going to happen either because of the riot WG would have by the rest of the playerbase because of them removing detonations for those specific modes but not for randoms and just removing them completely from the game, so...

We would ALL like to see Detonations disappear from the game, his suggestion is at least a sensible compromise.

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
3 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

I have for example 51 detonations in 13500 battles overall. 0,37% is not a big deal.

I stopped using flags at DD and installed -70% module on almost all DD and haven't a single one, from the time when WG changed detonation rules.

True, but stats are skewed by all battles played while running flag and modules.

More interesting for me is detonation ratio per class. Anyone wants to check that out? :Smile_trollface:

3 hours ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

I cant more than agree. It serves no purpose at all and is a completely pointless addition to the game especially when you can counter it with a flag.

Oh, it does serve the purpose. It makes people feel frustrated, so they would spend money / coal on flags!