Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
barbabarba

What is wrong with this game....

55 comments in this topic

[BD-SM]
Players
15 posts
4,174 battles

After some 6 months of inactivity I've came back and found game broken as always.  For example, most time of tier 8 ships will be facing tier 10, and also tier 10 cruiser is more powerful then tier 8 battleships (not always but for the most of the time).  And battles are 90% single sided, I mean after some one reaches tier 10, he/she should know how to use ships.  But nooooo cruisers showing broadside to yamato at 12 km (us cruiser).. Shimakaze using guns on bbs some 11 km away.... I am only at 50% win rate, but this is ridiculous. Even worst if you have some expert with cv then all is lost, team is decimated... Or even better yamato drivers with cca 4000 games and win rate at 41%... but think is that if you check ranks then you will see most ot the time team with few players with rank one and other team best is with rank 10 or even 11..  Ranks should be included with in MM as this make huge difference. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles
5 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

Ranks should be included with in MM as this make huge difference. 

Plz for the love of god no :cap_old:

I dont want ppl who have <50% WR and hundreds or even thousand! battles in one ranked season in my team deliberately.

Apart from that: If you dislike hightiers that much, then play midtiers? Mostly they are far more enjoyable.

• Cool 2

[BD-SM]
Players
15 posts
4,174 battles

Just one more thing, last battle my Bismarck against Khabarovsk... He has upper hand, keeping out of my secondary range and pounding me all the time, try to kill dd at 13 or more km with Bismarck guns.... Total pointless game..

• Funny 1

[AS13]
Players
1,189 posts
1,575 battles
3 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

try to kill dd at 13 or more km with Bismarck guns....

I do that too, 50% of the time I actually succeed... (not in Bismarck though).

Keep to T6-T7, it's much more fun. 

Beta Tester
1,814 posts
2,033 battles
20 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Plz for the love of god no :cap_old:

This.

Any kind of skill-based matchmaking would quite likely destroy the game. It would mess up the matchmaker beyond anything that has happened to it so far.

22 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Apart from that: If you dislike hightiers that much, then play midtiers? Mostly they are far more enjoyable.

And this.

Mid-tier games generally offer more diversity in the gameplay, as they are not fully peopled with players that know exactly what to do and when to do it. Predictability is overrated.

Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles
24 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I dont want ppl who have <50% WR and hundreds or even thousand! battles in one ranked season in my team deliberately.

But without that kind of player you wouldn't have 60% and 64k average...

• Cool 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
418 posts
7,632 battles

I heard that in 1.0.1 patch wargaming will remove sub-50% wr players from the game. Simple - everyone will display 50% on their profile! Trust me, I already read the patch notes (pls don't tell SerB).

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles
2 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

But without that kind of player you wouldn't have 60% and 64k average...

deliberately

I was going for that one. If one team has all the R1 players, then it might cancel each other out when there are actual good R1 players are those "grinders".

Apart from that, how do you rank ppl in who dont play ranked at all or only a little bit? I tried once getting R1, after 60 battles on R2 and 3 times within one star, i gave up and dont bother with ranked anymore. I only play so much that i get some rewards in and thats it. Would be quite unfair when one team has good R1 players and good non-ranked players at the same time.

• Cool 1

[BD-SM]
Players
15 posts
4,174 battles

I agree that ranked are not true statement of performance but most of the time team with better ranked players win, not always but most of the time.

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,035 posts
13,625 battles
45 minutes ago, barbabarba said:

or example, most time of tier 8 ships will be facing tier 10, and also tier 10 cruiser is more powerful then tier 8 battleships (not always but for the most of the time).

WHAT? A tier X ship is more powerful than a tier VIII ship? HOW DARE THEY! This does not cater to the battleship master race!!!

But seriously, which tier X cruiser is weaker than any of the tier VIII battleships exactly? The Henri maybe?

[IPW]
Beta Tester, Players
70 posts
11,888 battles

Eugen_Forum.thumb.jpg.a19fff3a407501d94f3169142973fe2d.jpg

One picture that says more than a thousand words.
This happens every time I join a T8 match :Smile_amazed:

Players
2,031 posts
5,930 battles
9 hours ago, Essus said:

I did notice more tier 10 ships being taken out, probably due to the tier 10 special module missions.

It's not every game like that but I have seen a lone tier 8 cruiser get into a match like the above a couple times.

But yesterday in my Scharnie, I gotten into a tier 8 match. I was kinda surprised :Smile_teethhappy:but it happens.

Players
269 posts
9,013 battles
On 26.7.2018 at 9:45 PM, BLUB__BLUB said:

I do that too, 50% of the time I actually succeed... (not in Bismarck though).

Keep to T6-T7, it's much more fun. 

Do you do that against Khaba?

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles
14 hours ago, Essus said:

WG is spoiling you. Should be 2 T8-s less.

[AS13]
Players
1,189 posts
1,575 battles
47 minutes ago, evp66 said:

Do you do that against Khaba?

I'll certainly try if I cannot run and hide :Smile_hiding:

Players
269 posts
9,013 battles
36 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I'll certainly try if I cannot run and hide :Smile_hiding:

Khaba with flag and engine boost goes about 48 knots...hard to hit and even harder to kill...it can heal when safe.

[AS13]
Players
1,189 posts
1,575 battles
9 minutes ago, evp66 said:

Khaba with flag and engine boost goes about 48 knots...hard to hit and even harder to kill...it can heal when safe.

Never seen one, it's tier X destroyer. I have tier 6 and 7, so I won't see it.

When I get to tier 8 I probably will. But I do not think it is invincible.

Maybe it is OP but nothing that a good shot from Massachusets or Monarch cannot solve.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
On 7/26/2018 at 8:23 PM, barbabarba said:

For example, most time of tier 8 ships will be facing tier 10

Always was pretty common

tier 10 cruiser is more powerful then tier 8 battleships

If you put them broadside to brodside and have them firing at each other, the cruiser will just evaporate. If you use all the tools available to the cruiser to avoid the fair fight, then yes, the difference of two tiers makes it a bit easier to outplay the other party... But it's not "being more powerful" - cruisers just have some limited options to outplay enemy BBs, be it through kiting or use of terrain etc. Unsurprisingly, a t10 cruiser is more effective than t8 one in doing these things.

And battles are 90% single sided, I mean after some one reaches tier 10, he/she should know how to use ships.

This actually contributes to battles being one-sided. Most players are potatoes, yes, but there are some good players, there are some good clans divisioning up at tiers 8-10 AND even potatoes tend to suck with positioning and situational awareness but their mechanical skills (aiming their guns) is better than on lower tiers. What it means is that big mistakes are more deadly - if you show your broadside, you'll meet bigger volume of more accurate enemy fire. This means that when the equilibriun is broken, it's easy to see a couple quick deaths on one flank - when that happens, the flank just crumbles, leaving one team outnumbered and encircled in a way that makes it impossible to angle - even if the fire from the other flank is at extreme range, it's still crossfire. As a result, the other flank also folds and the result ends up one-sided.

Also, no, it's not 90%. Truly one-sided battles are a minority (even if a frustrating one).

Ranks should be included with in MM as this make huge difference. 

Lolnope.

1. Skill based mm: the way to punish good players.

2. Ranks as a way to gauge skill... REALLY? I don't say there's no correlation, but there's enough people climbing to R1 through persistence rather than skill AND enough good players that don't even bother with Ranked to make this metric useless. Worse yet, it dissuades people from participating in Ranked (see #1) - after all if you get a decent Rank, you'll face tougher MM for the next month until the next Ranked starts... at this point people are going to start calculating if the Ranked rewards are really worth it to punish themselves just to get them.

Players
277 posts
3,410 battles
48 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Maybe it is OP but nothing that a good shot from Massachusets or Monarch cannot solve.

Hahaha, love it, never played above T7 and already knows how to kill Khaba. Your theory is right, but try landing a good shot on a Khaba with either of those ships, maybe if the Khaba is stationary. The only BB I really fear is Montana as it is more likely to land more than 1 shell.

To the OP, the best thing I have found is to play your game as usual, I found if you go into it with a negative attitude, you've already lost. I have been top XP scorer quite a few times in my T8 which is always satisfying.

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles
3 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

Hahaha, love it, never played above T7 and already knows how to kill Khaba. Your theory is right, but try landing a good shot on a Khaba with either of those ships, maybe if the Khaba is stationary. The only BB I really fear is Montana as it is more likely to land more than 1 shell.

Come on. Don't take his optimism away before he actually has to suffer the experience of being a tier 8 bb under constant HE bombardment from Hindenburgs, Khabas and Woosters. In time the tears will come :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 3

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
858 posts
3,869 battles

The biggest thing wrong with this game as far as I'm concerned is me. I need to work on my patience and planning rather than thinking everything can be resolved with a gung-ho attitude and some WASD hax.

• Cool 1

Players
269 posts
9,013 battles
45 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

You have tried to shoot Leningrad from 12 km when it wasd?Difference is that when Khaba shoots back there is 8 barrels instead of 5,shells are more powerfull and rate of fire is better.And when you shoot it she has 50mm belt armor and heal...AND Khaba can choose when and where to fight.When it takes you as a target you really hope you have support.Khaba dont need to be invisible...it shoots all the time.I am bad with Khaba but even I can make lonely t8s bbs life as a nigthmare.

Players
277 posts
3,410 battles
4 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Come on. Don't take his optimism away before he actually has to suffer the experience of being a tier 8 bb under constant HE bombardment from Hindenburgs, Khabas and Woosters. In time the tears will come :Smile_sceptic:

You forgot Zao's, Conquerors and Henry IV's.

Sign in to follow this