Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Why was Leningrad left out?

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OCTO]
Players
591 posts
13,988 battles

Hello!

 

With 0.7.7 we got turret traverse speed buff on Minsk and Gnevny (well deserved IMHO...).

 

Why not on Leningrad and Anshan? @MrConway was this on purpose and can we expect similar buffs?

 

Regards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
4 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Hello!

 

With 0.7.7 we got turret traverse speed buff on Minsk and Gnevny (well deserved IMHO...).

 

Why not on Leningrad and Anshan? @MrConway was this on purpose and can we expect similar buffs?

 

Regards!

 

WG only is buffing ships that are under-performing (stats wise).

They datamine for a longer period of time and make ship changes according to that.

 

Clearly Anshan and Leningrad were not considered as "under performing" ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,809 posts
2,019 battles
12 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

 

WG only is buffing ships that are under-performing (stats wise).

They datamine for a longer period of time and make ship changes according to that.

 

Clearly Anshan and Leningrad were not considered as "under performing" ships.

I'd say this probably nails it.

 

But, if they buff the turret traverse on the Anshan, they should by rights buff it on the Gremyaschy, too. Adding insult to injury for all non-beta testers in the process...

...so no, I guess that's probably not going to happen...! :cap_cool:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
275 posts
3,372 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

I'd say this probably nails it.

 

But, if they buff the turret traverse on the Anshan, they should by rights buff it on the Gremyaschy, too. Adding insult to injury for all non-beta testers in the process...

...so no, I guess that's probably not going to happen...! :cap_cool:

If gremy got its turret traverse buffed it would be my new favorite DD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,809 posts
2,019 battles
4 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

If gremy got its turret traverse buffed it would be my new favorite DD 

The Gremyaschy would probably qualify as overpowered, although the removal of the open water stealth fire mechanic has (thankfully) levelled the playing field somewhat. I am nowhere near skilled enough to take full advantage of her strengths, but even so, I have outgunned cruisers - American cruisers - in her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
275 posts
3,372 battles
35 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

The Gremyaschy would probably qualify as overpowered, although the removal of the open water stealth fire mechanic has (thankfully) levelled the playing field somewhat. I am nowhere near skilled enough to take full advantage of her strengths, but even so, I have outgunned cruisers - American cruisers - in her.

Rather easy with the AP on the gremlin, that thing is a citadel monster, once killed a leander, got 9 citadels on him ?? his health just went poof for sailing broadside to a tier 5 destroyer ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,809 posts
2,019 battles
3 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

Rather easy with the AP on the gremlin, that thing is a citadel monster, once killed a leander, got 9 citadels on him ?? his health just went poof for sailing broadside to a tier 5 destroyer ?

Yes, this is so familiar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,267 posts
6,857 battles
42 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Yes, this is so familiar...

AP is the same as on other 130mm armed boats. So you could pull off the same trick in Gnevny, Anshan and whatnot. Grem has advantage of tier 5, so she is bit more likely to not see cruisers with 100mm plating, which isn't as easy to punch through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles

So Fushun shpuld get that buff too ! as it is the same gnevny !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,115 posts
11,275 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

 

WG only is buffing ships that are under-performing (stats wise).

They datamine for a longer period of time and make ship changes according to that.

 

Clearly Anshan and Leningrad were not considered as "under performing" ships.

So if all if us just don't play Leningrad anymore for lets say 6 months WG datamining will surely conclude that such an under utilized ship must clearly be under performing and buff it accordingly. Easy enough if you ask me...

 

*cough* Grozovoi *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PRAVD]
Players
983 posts
5,253 battles

I wouldn't say no to a buff to the Gremy either. But where the Gremy and Anshan can stealth torp; the other ships have to do with (extremely) short range torpedo's. It's only too bad since I still need EM for my Gremy captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
858 posts
3,869 battles

I wonder if the number of Lenins using 15+ point captains from high tier Soviet DDs may have skewed the results to show that the Lenin isn't in great need of a buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
5 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

So if all if us just don't play Leningrad anymore for lets say 6 months WG datamining will surely conclude that such an under utilized ship must clearly be under performing and buff it accordingly. Easy enough if you ask me...

 

*cough* Grozovoi *cough*

 

Well ... probably thats how they are seeing it yeah... at least it loos like it.

 

I wonder how are Blyska stats lately ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,267 posts
6,857 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

 

Well ... probably thats how they are seeing it yeah... at least it loos like it.

 

I wonder how are Blyska stats lately ...

She isn't russian, even post war refit with russian stuff might not help her

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
88 posts
4,088 battles

Are you serious ? 

Go look my stats on leningrad. This ship need nothing, it is even at the border of being OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,586 battles

I don't know if it needs a buff or not but I'm about 53 battles in on my Leningrad now (so still learning) and started with a 10 point captain.  I decided against EM, taking LS instead, because I figured that as an experienced IJN player I knew all about playing ships with poor turret rotation.  What I didn't consider is that IJN ships have a low rate of fire, which effectively masks the poor turret rotation, because the guns spend so long reloading they have time to track your target before you are ready to fire again. 

 

But in the Leningrad with it's ~4.5 second reload the poor turret rotation becomes a big issue, and I personally find that she can be uncomfortable to play.  Sure, if I am sitting in smoke or shooting lone BBs from 11km away it's not an issue, but what with there being so many cruisers around at the moment, and most of the ones I meet seem to actually be able to shoot straight, I find that I am having to constantly alter course (and speed) to dodge salvoes, so even at long ranges I often find myself waiting for the guns to track my targets. 

 

If it doesn't get buffed I'll definitely need to invest in EM somewhere down the line - I just hit my 13th skill point and took DE so I guess EM will have to wait until I get to my 15th skill point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OCTO]
Players
591 posts
13,988 battles
1 hour ago, Miyamotosama said:

Are you serious ? 

Go look my stats on leningrad. This ship need nothing, it is even at the border of being OP

Hey my stats on Lenin are also good, but... that turret traverse.... :cap_viking:

 

Basically, it forces you to have a dedicated Lenin capt that is not compatible with higher tier VMF DDs? 

 

Does my question makes sense now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
88 posts
4,088 battles
Il y a 17 minutes, Zen71_sniper a dit :

Hey my stats on Lenin are also good, but... that turret traverse.... :cap_viking:

 

Basically, it forces you to have a dedicated Lenin capt that is not compatible with higher tier VMF DDs? 

 

Does my question makes sense now?

Honestly no sense to ask for a buff on a premium that perform really well.

Sorry to show my e-[edited].

But i want the same 139mm on the eagle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,809 posts
2,019 battles

I have the 'Expert Marksman' skill on my Russian DD captains as a matter of course. And that upgrade that boosts the turning traverse with 15% and lowers the rate of fire with 5%, but that's probably just me being weird. Anyway, I wouldn't say that either one of the Leningrad or the Gremyaschy is in need of a buff.

 

The Blyskawica, on the other hand.... maybe? I doubt if she actually needs a buff, but after the addition of the Gadjah Mada, she sure could use one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,809 posts
2,019 battles
4 minutes ago, Miyamotosama said:

But i want the same 139mm on the eagle.

I doubt they would make much of a difference. The Aigle is a lost cause no matter what, with those horrible gun angles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
88 posts
4,088 battles
Il y a 25 minutes, Procrastes a dit :

I doubt they would make much of a difference. The Aigle is a lost cause no matter what, with those horrible gun angles.

I still love aigle even with those turret placement. With spood  beast you can kite well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,809 posts
2,019 battles
51 minutes ago, Miyamotosama said:

I still love aigle even with those turret placement. With spood  beast you can kite well

Good for you, then! You are a better captain than I am.... I tried kiting in the Aigle, but it just didn't work out; I kept having to give too much broadside. A pity, because I really like her looks.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×