You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tenacious_torps

We need more reports

23 comments in this topic

[HF_30]
Players
1,291 posts

^^

Something along the lines of reports = karma + compliments given, with infinite compliments allowed.

And also: fix the in-port notifications, so people actually see they got reported. Each and every time, not maybe on some occasion, if the moon is just in the right position, air pressure is favourably and somebody sacrificed a goat for the devs to bbq.

Thank you very much for improving the community.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[CORNG]
Players
587 posts
11,031 battles

In current state report system is more than useless. I mean the negative ones, not the compliments. Complimenting is ok, when i do compliment i often write it in chat why i do compliment.   

The negative ones... I mean the players, who e.g. park the BB behind the CV  pressing the "I need intelligent data" button every three minutes... they dont care about things you write in Chat, when you suggest to maybe get a little bit closer because the range of guns is to small. So they give a crap about reports too. On the other hand you get reports from tomatos, for not pushing the next Cap with a lowhp  Mahan, when a fletcher and two radar cruisers defend it.... or from enemy team just for  devstrike  a BB with some torpedos.  

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,160 posts
9,954 battles

Or .. provide a report for each compliment you give ?

Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles

The only thing the system does is ban you in chat for a few days, IF enough report you.

Otherwise the whole karma-system is just another "stat" YT/Twitch "Celebs", CCs and unicums can farm.

I'am constantly at 0 karma and I like it that way.

• Cool 2

[FAIL]
[FAIL]
Beta Tester
217 posts
6,096 battles

It already goes up to 11 compliments and 11 reports a day. I don't know what the required karma is for the increased amount as I'm currently at 254, I can't remember when the tipping point was sadly.

Players
148 posts
8,370 battles

What is a point to report somebody,it only takes your time,I value my time,only complemented few for really good play,lets say 10 in my 7000 battles.

[FAIL]
[FAIL]
Beta Tester
217 posts
6,096 battles
16 minutes ago, Wobly_1 said:

What is a point to report somebody,it only takes your time,I value my time,only complemented few for really good play,lets say 10 in my 7000 battles.

I compliment once every 2-3 games. Can be for small stuff (saying sorry etc) or carrying a game :).

Players
148 posts
8,370 battles
2 minutes ago, Isitari said:

I compliment once every 2-3 games. Can be for small stuff (saying sorry etc) or carrying a game :).

I agree ,but to report somebody takes time and if you put some criteria up you cant do anything but report and that is not why I log in the game.

[VION]
[VION]
Beta Tester
56 posts
5,679 battles
1 hour ago, Isitari said:

It already goes up to 11 compliments and 11 reports a day. I don't know what the required karma is for the increased amount as I'm currently at 254, I can't remember when the tipping point was sadly.

Im at 80 something now, and can give 10 compliments/reports. So probably max at 100.

[HF_30]
Players
1,291 posts
3 hours ago, Isitari said:

Btw, does anybody believe it's entirely coincidental, that you get 11 reports and 11 other players on your team? :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm not convinced they do it for entertainment purposes, but it's these little touches that keep me in this game.

• Cool 1

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles

Out of curiosity but do forum topics go into a gulag. There was another topic on reports the other day but it just disappeared i.e cannot be accessed even after a few days instead of being locked and archived. I've noticed this for quite a few topics tbh and have been wondering.

[UIF]
Players
329 posts
4,604 battles

Yeah for sure we need more reports... right. There are enough mentally retarded fools who to suggestion that we need to cap, or for pointing out that maybe BB should come closer to people etc, report the one who made those suggestions. 

I have even gotten reports while saying nothing in chat. I had report once for sinking BB who obviosly was sure that sailing in straight line forever is right thing to do. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles

If people haven't noticed yet, aside from the "Misbehavior in chat" option, which will eventually lead to a chat ban, reporting doesn't really do anything. Why would you need more reports?

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

I've had one karma point hang about for a 3 or 4 sessions so there was clearly a lack of reports available to my recent teams....

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
455 posts
5,682 battles

I like that u can get karma for something u did ingame that others liked. I do however not like that u loose karma cause someone is salty, ignorant or what not.

Like now, I got reported and lost karma cause someone called me useless DD, he had no clue to what I did or didn't do.

In short: The current reportsystem is utterly useless.

Disgree with someone: Reported

Disagree with a div: Multiple reports

Don't play the way they tell u to play: Reported

Kill enemy player: Reported

What's the point?

I report players for misbehaviour in chat if they take it to far, are rasist or whish something awfull at other players.

The way the players use the reportsystem completely ruins the use for it.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,295 posts
10,316 battles
14 minutes ago, siramra said:

I like that u can get karma for something u did ingame that others liked. I do however not like that u loose karma cause someone is salty, ignorant or what not.

Like now, I got reported and lost karma cause someone called me useless DD, he had no clue to what I did or didn't do.

In short: The current reportsystem is utterly useless.

Disgree with someone: Reported

Disagree with a div: Multiple reports

Don't play the way they tell u to play: Reported

Kill enemy player: Reported

What's the point?

I report players for misbehaviour in chat if they take it to far, are rasist or whish something awfull at other players.

The way the players use the reportsystem completely ruins the use for it.

This is exactly why the "karma" is useless and at no circumstance should be taken into account by anything anywhere anyhow. 

I'm usually at zero with this counter and only remember getting above 10 when promised to myself that I shall not use chat for anything than kind words. The promise was impossible to keep, though. :cap_fainting:

Whole "reporting idea" is a pathetic, shameless, cheap substitute for real game moderation - designed only to "vent the frustration" and "have something to pretend", of course without any real consequences for anyone. 

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
Players
648 posts
7,834 battles

Reports are a way to let steam out. Better than finding his name on the internet, then looking up his adress, travelling there, circumsizing him, then making him it the cut off part just before you toss a cactus up his bum. Just sayin', not like it has ever happened before...

giphy.gif

[HF_30]
Players
1,291 posts
18 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

If people haven't noticed yet, aside from the "Misbehavior in chat" option, which will eventually lead to a chat ban, reporting doesn't really do anything. Why would you need more reports?

Because I would like to help even more with improving the community?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles
32 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

Because I would like to help even more with improving the community?

Neither reports nor compliments improve anything?

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles
23 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Otherwise the whole karma-system is just another "stat" YT/Twitch "Celebs", CCs and unicums can farm.

Which is weird because apart from a Jingles video from the open beta no one brings up or even cares about the whole karma thing since it is just a useless stat.

Or maybe I don't watch the "correct" streams or videos where the system is talked about.

Players
195 posts
10,180 battles

Getting the 11 reports must be around 110 karma. I am at 114 right now and just recently noticed a change there. Definitely not 100.

Regarding the reports: both reports and compliments should be displayed more prominently. If I report someone, I want him to know that. And I want him to know the reason (at least that one from the drop-down list).

Same for the compliments. 

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
482 posts
8,561 battles

Most reports are just whinges from clueless people or those who cannot handle getting sunk.

Being complimented is nice, but it unbalances my karma. Unfortunately people are more likely to report than compliment. If karma could be negative, I would probably be at -1,000,000,000.

What would happen to the player base in this game if people get you have been reported x times message after every game? The player base would shrink. Eventually the weakest unicum becomes a potato and the game shuts down.