Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tordenskjold23

Bots

31 comments in this topic

Players
164 posts
19,131 battles

I am feed up with 5 - 6- 7- bots on the human side in PvE  games.

Let the bots play against each other and leve me out of those games.

There  is no corporation with bots and CV bots underperform on the human side

This is the best way to get players running away from the game - plain stupid

• Funny 2

[CSN]
Players
311 posts
2,770 battles

Dont play coop then. Game will give you some bots in team if there isnt enough players.

Dunno how would you like 2vs2 in coop for example

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

I love it if I have bots in my co-op teams. At least I can count on them to actually engage the enemy and to contest the cap zones. Something I am often missing from humans.

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
19,131 battles
1 minute ago, Asakka said:

Dont play coop then. Game will give you some bots in team if there isnt enough players.

Not true - If wargaming don't like the composition of available players  MM will chance players with bots.

Too many ships of a class and they will be replaced by bots . Even no ships in a class  can trigger a bot

Was introduced in one of the latest patches

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Tordenskjold23 sagte:

Not true - If wargaming don't like the composition of available players  MM will chance players with bots.

never heard or read about this before...

Too many ships of a class and they will be replaced by bots

can't be, I had co-op games with only cruisers, only BBs and DDs,... as long as there are enough human players available there won't be bots.

Vor 3 Minuten, Tordenskjold23 sagte:

Was introduced in one of the latest patches

It was introduced that on human side bot BBs can be added even if there are no human BBs or a bot CV, but still only when there aren't enough human players...

Players
164 posts
19,131 battles
7 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I love it if I have bots in my co-op teams. At least I can count on them to actually engage the enemy and to contest the cap zones. Something I am often missing from humans.

Are we playing the same game

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles
21 minutes ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

I am feed up with 5 - 6- 7- bots on the human side in PvE  games.

Let the bots play against each other and leve me out of those games.

There  is no corporation with bots and CV bots underperform on the human side

This is the best way to get players running away from the game - plain stupid

You are complaining about having bots in COOP matches in the morning hours.

That is to be expected, since there are not many players playing COOP in the morning.

There is 30 seconds wait time before MM fills teams with bots. Would you rather have longer waiting times?

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,042 posts
4,553 battles

The MM put bots in random matches when you are in newbie protection mode and low tiers.

There aren't enough people to complete the rooster even in randoms sometimes. Do you expect the coop matches can get enough humans on odd hours?

In low tier randoms,

usually it is 3 human BBs, 4 human cruisers, 1 human DD and 4 bot DDs on both sides.

Players
164 posts
19,131 battles

Patch 7.0

Co-Op  Matchmaker Changes

In Update 0.7.0, we have further improved the work of the matchmaker in Co-Op Battles for all tiers featuring bot-operated carriers and battleships in battles even if players helm none. The type of AI-commanded ship depends on which type of ship is the most numerous in a particular battle.

If your team is composed of one battleship, three cruisers and two destroyers (with cruisers being the most numerous type), one bot-operated destroyer is matched to the battle.

If destroyers outnumber all other ship types, a battleship is added.

If battleships have the most representation, a cruiser is matched to that battle.

If two types of ships have equal representation in a battle, bot-driven ships are added in the following order of priority: battleship, cruiser and destroyer.

Any bot-driven ship matched into a battle may only be taken from the list of researchable ships, and its tier must equal the lowest tier brought to battle by a player, provided that the required type of ship is available at that tier.

If there are no ships of the required type, the next ship type is selected according to the above-mentioned sequence.

Bots added until there are eight players on each team.

All standard rules of matchmaking apply: 

The setup of a bot team mirrors a player team.

There may be no more than one carrier on each team

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
19,131 battles
52 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

The MM put bots in random matches when you are in newbie protection mode and low tiers

We Are taking PvE  matches ( Coop )

1 hour ago, Asakka said:

I decide what I want to play not you

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,042 posts
4,553 battles
1 minute ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

We Are taking PvE  matches ( Coop )

Please do not stop reading in the middle of the text next time.

It will save you me and all others some time...

15 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

The MM put bots in random matches when you are in newbie protection mode and low tiers.

There aren't enough people to complete the rooster even in randoms sometimes. Do you expect the coop matches can get enough humans on odd hours?

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts
28 minutes ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

Are we playing the same game

I would say we are playing it differently.

In co-op I like to rush into the enemies together with the bots. Sinking 2 to 4 enemy ships before they get me / if they get me. As the bots rush in with me, they are perfect meatshields while I maw down the enemy.

Sometimes I'll be the meatshield for them, if the enemy focuses on me instead of them, as I am better at evading and angling my ship then they are.

If you play passive, stand back and shoot from a distance, or even hide behind islands, then you will fail. Your bots will not have the support they need from you. They will face superior numbers and naturally fail.

Make use of your bots. Integrate their very predictable behavior into your tactics.

I have lost plenty of times with "all human" teams against the bots. I never lost when I was the only human in the team.

10 minutes ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

Patch 7.0

In Update 0.7.0, we have further improved the work of the matchmaker in Co-Op Battles for all tiers featuring bot-operated carriers and battleships in battles even if players helm none. The type of AI-commanded ship depends on which type of ship is the most numerous in a particular battle.

If your team is composed of one battleship, three cruisers and two destroyers (with cruisers being the most numerous type), one bot-operated destroyer is matched to the battle.

If battleships have the most representation, a cruiser is matched to that battle.

If two types of ships have equal representation in a battle, bot-driven ships are added in the following order of priority: battleship, cruiser and destroyer.

Any bot-driven ship matched into a battle may only be taken from the list of researchable ships, and its tier must equal the lowest tier brought to battle by a player, provided that the required type of ship is available at that tier.

If there are no ships of the required type, the next ship type is selected according to the above-mentioned sequence.

That still only applies if there are not enough players to fill your ranks. If your team is missing even one human player, the above applies. In all other cases, you can enter co-op matches in almost any ship line-up. I marked the part in the announcement that highlights this. There is nothing in the text that suggests that players are excempt from matches in favor of bots.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, Tordenskjold23 sagte:

Patch 7.0

as I said, no statement that a player is replaced with a bot...

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts

CLEAN your glasses

so point to the sentence that supports your allegation...because it is clearly the opposite:

Zitat

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts
5 minutes ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

[...]

Take your own advice. And don't insult other users. Even veiled insults are insults.

Please show us where in the text it is said that available players are replaced by bots? You will not be able to, as that text doesn't exist. You are reading something that doesn't exist. Your whole argument is based on something that doesn't exist.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
24 minutes ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

edited

:Smile_facepalm:

9 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

I tried to play the OP this morning. From what I've seen: bots > players.

operation bots =/= coop bots

Players
164 posts
19,131 battles
12 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Please show us where in the text it is said that available players are replaced by bots? You will not be able to, as that text doesn't exist. You are reading something that doesn't exist. Your whole argument is based on something that doesn't exist.

Ships added are bots

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts
Just now, Tordenskjold23 said:

Ships added are bots

And all those examples are for incomplete teams. That is not the info we asked you to provide.

Please show us where it is said that players are excluded from a match for their choice of ship? That was your opening statement and everything you base your complaint on. You might want to stop reading between the lines and only read what is actually there.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts

Ships added are bots

maybe you should read (and understand) the whole text...

Zitat

so if there are eight players in the team no bots are added of course...

[_MIA_]
Players
2,886 posts
5,347 battles

Dont sit 30 secs in queue when there are no players. Just leave after 20 secs and go back in -_-

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, DFens_666 sagte:

Dont sit 30 secs in queue when there are no players. Just leave after 20 secs and go back in -_-

but sometimes the queue fools you...until 28 secs there are several others shown (less than 8 of course), then the time jumps to 29 and suddenly you are the only one in the queue and of course cannot leave it anymore :Smile_child:

[_MIA_]
Players
2,886 posts
5,347 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

but sometimes the queue fools you...until 28 secs there are several others shown (less than 8 of course), then the time jumps to 29 and suddenly you are the only one in the queue and of course cannot leave it anymore :Smile_child:

Yep, thats why i said 20. Fooled me once, it started at 27 or so, i thought there are ppl, nope, i was CV, my bots sucked balls...

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
63 posts
6,888 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

Indeed. But we mainly play randoms. 

Sign in to follow this