You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cruiser_Capri

Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament

16 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
7,984 battles
Hello, I have a suggestion regarding one of the captain's perks.
Manual fire control of secondary weapons is, I can say, a sophisticated skill for 4 points. As one skill from a few, besides a better focus of fire, an additional battery also has a big minus in the form of turning it off completely before the player shows the ship. Why? Until you choose manual control, it should work as it does without this perk by default. Often, the player loses the fact that it is too late or does not mark the target at all and the secondary battery does not work at all. This is a flaw that has been upsetting me and my friends for a long time. Please consider correcting this setting. It seems to me that the anti-aircraft (
Manual Fire Control for AA Armament   ) works even when no target is manually selected (at least it should be) and in the case of an additional battery should also be the same.

• Cool 1

15 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,379 battles

Manual AA

• you do normal AA dmg without marking a target
  • 85+mm guns do double dmg when you have selected target
  • Even without Manual AA designating a target increases your AA dps by some (30?) %

Manual secondaries - if you have spec'd the ship for secondaries it makes no sense why would you "forget" about it, so it's absolutely your issue. And it's not a bug or whatever that they don't fire until you mark a target, it's working exactly as intended

Players
2 posts
7,984 battles

OK, its all true but why ?  It's my fault when i don't select target but why secondaries can't shoot in default like AA ? Its intended but for why ? It's some kind of punish, in 4 point perk ?

• Cool 1

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Manual AA

• you do normal AA dmg without marking a target
  • 85+mm guns do double dmg when you have selected target
  • Even without Manual AA designating a target increases your AA dps by some (30?) %

Manual secondaries - if you have spec'd the ship for secondaries it makes no sense why would you "forget" about it, so it's absolutely your issue. And it's not a bug or whatever that they don't fire until you mark a target, it's working exactly as intended

Does that 30% apply to 85+mm with manual too ? i mean 100% + 30% ?!

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,379 battles
36 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

Does that 30% apply to 85+mm with manual too ? i mean 100% + 30% ?!

That I don't know, but I'd assume that the 30% simply turns into 100%

• Cool 1

[W-S-N]
[W-S-N]
Players
22 posts
6,583 battles

A second Q: Manual Targeting allows you only one target to pick. So the Secondarys only work at one picked target.  In contrary the automatic Secondarys  will shot on multiple targets in range.  Do i got it right? 

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles

No it will choose the closest target

[_MIA_]
Players
2,899 posts
5,349 battles
5 hours ago, 0bermaat said:

A second Q: Manual Targeting allows you only one target to pick. So the Secondarys only work at one picked target.  In contrary the automatic Secondarys  will shot on multiple targets in range.  Do i got it right? 

3 hours ago, Atorpad said:

No it will choose the closest target

If both sides can shoot, then they will without manual secondaries. If you have manual secondaries, only the side will shoot which can engage the target you selected.

Ive been thinking that its wrong, and you should be able to mark 2 targets maybe?

Players
112 posts
On 7/25/2018 at 9:43 PM, Cruiser_Capri said:
Manual fire control of secondary weapons is, I can say, a sophisticated skill for 4 points. As one skill from a few, besides a better focus of fire, an additional battery also has a big minus in the form of turning it off completely before the player shows the ship. Why? Until you choose manual control, it should work as it does without this perk by default. Often, the player loses the fact that it is too late or does not mark the target at all and the secondary battery does not work at all. This is a flaw that has been upsetting me and my friends for a long time. Please consider correcting this setting. It seems to me that the anti-aircraft (
Manual Fire Control for AA Armament   ) works even when no target is manually selected (at least it should be) and in the case of an additional battery should also be the same.

I agree with this and think this is the more sensible way. 

In the heat of the battle, you may forget to select a target and waste your precious secondary specced ships glory. 

If they open up themselves, you can pick the target and the %60 reduction kicks in.

This would be a great improvement.

• Cool 2

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles
8 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

If both sides can shoot, then they will without manual secondaries. If you have manual secondaries, only the side will shoot which can engage the target you selected.

Ive been thinking that its wrong, and you should be able to mark 2 targets maybe?

I think there is a technical difficulties for implementing this. but it would be so nice to be able to select a targets for each side 

lets ask @MrConway to see if there is a plan for this?

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
Players
147 posts
3,788 battles

Given that secondary builds are often considered less effective overall (although more fun), and that the skill is 4 pt, I think a small buff would be welcome.

Typically as suggested by OP,  having the secondaries still shoot automatically on unselected targets, without the bonus.

[W-S-N]
[W-S-N]
Players
22 posts
6,583 battles
2 hours ago, AmiralPotato said:

Given that secondary builds are often considered less effective overall (although more fun),

Oh, when you mention "fun" in that case:  YES INDEED !   :cap_rambo:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,864 posts
2,152 battles
On 8/8/2018 at 9:55 AM, Atorpad said:

I think there is a technical difficulties for implementing this. but it would be so nice to be able to select a targets for each side 

lets ask @MrConway to see if there is a plan for this?

We don't have any plans for this at the moment, it is meant to be a trade-off - better accuracy, but in turn only a single target.

• Cool 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,899 posts
5,349 battles
2 minutes ago, MrConway said:

We don't have any plans for this at the moment, it is meant to be a trade-off - better accuracy, but in turn only a single target.

I feel that the tradeoff is using 4 cptn points :Smile-_tongue:

Of maybe, as suggesed, let them have no accuracy bonus when no target is seleceted?

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
4,566 posts
4,788 battles
On 25.7.2018 at 8:43 PM, Cruiser_Capri said:

Generally agree but I think the difference in game is that AA is only modelled as an area aura. Whereas secondary shots look like modelled as artillery shots. 

Agree though that 4 points is excessive considering they are never optimal - just fun 

[-AP-]
Players
401 posts
2,164 battles
On 2018-08-09 at 11:02 AM, 1MajorKoenig said:

Generally agree but I think the difference in game is that AA is only modelled as an area aura. Whereas secondary shots look like modelled as artillery shots. 

Agree though that 4 points is excessive considering they are never optimal - just fun 

They are optimal on some ships tho, things like Bismarck and Massachusetts come to mind.