You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

Supercontainers vs Special Upgrades

19 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,572 posts
6,401 battles

So, in 0.7.7 SCs won't drop SUs anymore

8rSnKG3.png

Gone are the days where you could say "This is the 10th god damn spotter mod!" or "Oh look, another Damage Control system! Can't wait to sell it!"

But then I thought - wait a moment, aren't they more expensive than stuff you now get?

Each SU is 17k coal

Spoiler

057efb00-8f4d-11e8-9ca8-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

But you can get just 15k coal / 1.5k steel (which can be turned into 15k coal) from SCs

BMXZb4O.png

So you are actually 2k short. Yeah, you can make that up with 1x coupon once per month dropping the cost to 12.75k but cmon. Basically you are trading your ability to get SUs from SC to the lovely ability to ALMOST (but not quite) get them from SCs.  :cap_old:

Also going back to 1st picture - I'm glad my chances to get ramming flags are now better, haven't reached 1k of them just yet :cap_tea:

[POI--]
Players
3,204 posts
4,348 battles

How often do you get a SC? How often does it have a module you really want? I consider the option to get SU from the Arsenal with a choice of what SU to get far superior to random SU drops from rare SCs. If you get more than one SC containing a SU per month anyway, I consider it very lucky, so with monthly coupon, you are basically set at a price of 12.75k.

Also, if you never get SCs, coal can drop from normal containers, making SUs even more accessible than they were before. Frankly, I like the changes, it makes SUs less dependant on a triple RNG check (Getting a SC in the first place & getting an SU from it & getting the SU you want).

• Cool 7

[BYOB]
Players
2,738 posts
9,874 battles
5 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Also, if you never get SCs, coal can drop from normal containers, making SUs even more accessible than they were before.

Even better, coal can be farmed with the More Resources container coming next patch. Having a guaranteed way to earn 400 coal per container makes it possible to plan ahead. Also, you have a chance to get more than the one 400 coal drop, up to 3 in total, that's 1200 max coal per crate. In addition the crates can drop ESCL flags and fXP.

I'm often critical of WG, rightly so in the majority of cases. But the introduction of the Arsenal, the More Resources crate, and the removal of Special Upgrades from SCs are a step in the right direction, because giving the players more control over their play style is good in my book.

• Cool 3

[HHOTN]
Players
93 posts
10,157 battles

I got  3 radar modules from SC, then they nerfed the bonus from 40% to 20 %..  :), was only good thing i ever got...meh...moving on

Beta Tester
1,352 posts

Effectively paying 2k extra to be able to choose which upgrade I want, or even not spend the coal on an upgrade, is well worth it imo.

• Cool 6

[JRM]
Players
690 posts
12,343 battles

I like the new system better tbh, finally was able to get the radar mod i needed for desmo and as soon as i save up some coal i am getting the same for wooster, got lots of SCs but only 3 contained (2 of them rather usless) modules, heck i got more ships in SC then modules...

[BYOB]
Players
2,738 posts
9,874 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I like the new system better tbh, finally was able to get the radar mod i needed for desmo and as soon as i save up some coal i am getting the same for wooster, got lots of SCs but only 3 contained (2 of them rather usless) modules, heck i got more ships in SC then modules...

After the personal clan oil reserves were converted into coal I bought a smoke mod for my Perth, engine boost for Aigle, and a hydro for my LoYang and Hindenburg. Without the Arsenal i would be waiting for a lucky SC with just one of those special upgrades.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,150 posts
5,899 battles

I don't know, the idea of the arsenal is nice, but it feels like you have now more costs or it's harder to get something. I mean, you got Flint with 3rd time rang 1 and now it costs 11,6k steel. I don't know but you don't get that much steel for the same effort?

[BYOB]
Players
2,738 posts
9,874 battles
4 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I don't know, the idea of the arsenal is nice, but it feels like you have now more costs or it's harder to get something. I mean, you got Flint with 3rd time rang 1 and now it costs 11,6k steel. I don't know but you don't get that much steel for the same effort?

According to this -> https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/arsenal-more-resources/ you will get a total of 5500 steel for Rank 1. Times 3x it's 16500 steel. That's enough to buy Black, or Flint and have Steel to spare.

With the 25% coupon you can buy Flint (8700) and have more than half of Black in Steel left. Or you can buy Flint after 2x Rank 1.

So unless prices change the reward ships have become less expensive.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
493 posts

They really should do something to make the original Blacks and Flints special, since getting them nowadays is basically a matter of time and patience, not pain and suffering in ranked. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,270 posts
7,363 battles

I like the ability to choose much better. I have for example NEVER gotten a single radar mod from anywhere with those random rolls :P

Beta Tester
4,143 posts
9,348 battles
2 hours ago, AndyHill said:

They really should do something to make the original Blacks and Flints special, since getting them nowadays is basically a matter of time and patience, not pain and suffering in ranked. 

There's unique cammos for those ships based on how many rank 1's you have.

[EUTF]
Players
75 posts

2k coal is a small price you pay in order to gain the freedom of choice over what mod you get.

Don't be greedy. :cap_like:

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,608 posts
6,688 battles

I was critical enough of the introduction of coal to start a thread saying it was the new commander slots.  I was mistaken.  I have been playing more WoWS than before trying to earn coal each day.  I bought the speed boost extender for Khabarovsk and I will, when the coupon is replenished, buy the extended action smoke screen for Haida.  Then I will buy no more because I want the Salem (even though I will almost  never play it) and I can anticipate getting it in the autumn at this rate.

I still wish I could sell two of the three radar  modules that dropped out of SC for coal in the past though.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles
7 hours ago, AndyHill said:

well getting 5 Rank 1 is also just a matter of time and patience. :cap_haloween:

There is also the special camos for getting rank #1 seven times (which I would never use though as the standart white/grey just looks too damn sexy)

[BYOB]
Players
2,738 posts
9,874 battles
3 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

There is also the special camos for getting rank #1 seven times (which I would never use though as the standart white/grey just looks too damn sexy)

The bonuses on both them are awesome, but getting R1 seven times? That means you barely have anything to spend silver captain XP on.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles
13 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The bonuses on both them are awesome, but getting R1 seven times? That means you barely have anything to spend silver captain XP on.

"silver" captain xp?

You can "never" have enough captain xp! Especially if you like some anime captains or the ones with special skills/abilities.

If you mean credits though... jeah I have more than enough of those even though I don't bother to save credits anymore. (full premium consumables on everything etc)

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,219 posts
13,980 battles
20 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So, in 0.7.7 SCs won't drop SUs anymore

8rSnKG3.png

Gone are the days where you could say "This is the 10th god damn spotter mod!" or "Oh look, another Damage Control system! Can't wait to sell it!"

Hay Wargaming how about making items that can only be obtained with coal sell-able for coal.. come on @MrConway make it happen and you will be our favourite person in the world (After Dasha)... Let us sell those Spotter plane modules for Coal :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
1,609 posts
5,047 battles

For me, the addition of the Arsenal is sheer magnificence (i.e. on the whole, quite keen) - now you can *definitely* get the right magic upgrades that you need, without having to sacrifice goats/chicken/small children to RNGeezus.

I think that's definitely worth the things costing a bit more; that said, they don't if you have a voucher available. Win-win.

Can't comment on the steel elements though - I'm too rubbish to have ever earned any (so far)...