Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CptDeering

Fires!

5 comments in this topic

Question

[QUITE]
Players
2 posts
2,475 battles

Could you please change the fire zones on ships so they each have a certain amount of hit points. 

My point is that once everything in that area is burnt, there is nothing left to catch fire. 

Getting HE machine gunned and burned to a crisp my cruisers in my BB is getting really enjoying. 

HE would still do physical damage after the burn HP has be lost. 

Also no that there is so much radar and sonar in the game, stealth DDs are kinda pointless, perhaps increase the range of torps again..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
49 minutes ago, CptDeering said:

Could you please change the fire zones on ships so they each have a certain amount of hit points. 

They already do. It's the same as your ships HP, I can guarantee to you that after your ship has sunk they will do no further damage :Smile_trollface:

 

 

Stop putting out single fires. 1 fire does basically nothing to you, and you can heal it for 100% of the dmg. Save Dmg-con for when it's actually needed.

In fact, if you go with some modules and skills (+ signal flag) for fire duration reduction you can easily get to a point where 1 heal heals heals you far more (about 1.5 times more) than 1 full fire does damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

They already do. It's the same as your ships HP, I can guarantee to you that after your ship has sunk they will do no further damage :Smile_trollface:

 

 

Stop putting out single fires. 1 fire does basically nothing to you, and you can heal it for 100% of the dmg. Save Dmg-con for when it's actually needed.

In fact, if you go with some modules and skills (+ signal flag) for fire duration reduction you can easily get to a point where 1 heal heals heals you far more (about 1.5 times more) than 1 full fire does damage.

If you watch WGs latest video on How it Works: Fire, with Damecon Mod 2, BoS and flag, even four fires will be less than half your hp. Not insignificant, but for the level of mismanagement to get set on fire in three places, pretty laughable. Conqueror actually would still heal more than it loses.

 

With that build, you basically could even flood at the same time and not die, as long as you started from full hp and take no significant additional damage, which obviously is not the case usually, but fun to consider. With flooding duration reduction signal added, four fires and a flood takes out 76.32% of your hp. On something like a Kurfürst, I guess it could be realistic to set the fires and get the flood with causing less damage than the remaining 23.68% of its hp + single heal. Conqueror obviously could still make a massive comeback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,591 battles

You have a lot of options for reducing the impact of fires on a BB, but you can't realistically expect much change to be made when then is sometimes the only reasonable method of damaging a BB that some ships have.

 

Check this article from the wiki about causing and mitigating fires.

Also, this article from the wiki regard Repair Party should also be considered since 100% of the damage caused by fires can be repaired with repair party but managing this consumable to make the most of it combined with using Damage Control Party to extinguish fires can take some practise.

 

You may also consider your positioning, while I don't personally find fires to be excessively detrimental I also prefer to avoid situations where 3+ HE cruisers are focusing me as this makes fire damage much more difficult to manage. Again regarding positioning, being able to fall back and use repair party if you've taken significant fire damage is a useful option but relies on your positioning again.

 

Positioning is also vital for DDs to survive at higher tiers against radar cruisers, but the radar argument has been made to exhaustion at this point, not really a topic for Q&A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[QUITE]
Players
2 posts
2,475 battles

Recently I had a wonderful time looking around HMS Belfast, it really was amazing. I did wonder what would burn so much as pretty much all of it is made from steel. I don't know to much about other ww2 warships, maybe they had much more flammable materials..

And yes, once my steel ship had burnt down to the water line I'm sure the fires will go out:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×