Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Bug Reports

95 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles

Note: A list of already known issues can be found here.

 

Captains,

 

Please share all bugs encountered in version 0.7.7 below, using the following template:

 

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

 
2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

 
3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

 
4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

 

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.
 

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

 

565152Sanstitre.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,357 posts
15,164 battles

1. Description

Fiji and Jervis premium camouflage bug.

 

2. Reproduction steps.

Look at premium camouflage for Fiji and Jervis in client or 3rd party model viewer like https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pbsc107

 

Screen shots.

 

Fiji with no camouflage.

TECF8fW.jpg

 

Fiji with premium camouflage. The light grey base paint is missing/transparent from the ship (hull, turrets etc) only the disruptive pattern is showing.

QIQdX9o.jpg

 

 

Here's what it should look like.

 

Edinburgh with no camouflage.

4Y9Hmyl.jpg

 

Edinburgh with premium camouflage. Notice the light grey base paint with less rust etc (hull, turrets etc)

1OJOJVE.jpg

 

Tier 7 RN destroyer Jervis also has this bug. You can view the camo on https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/pbsd107 or see the issue on YouTube videos like this.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,776 posts
11,488 battles

When view zoomed out to look around and you release the right mouse-button to zoom in again, the view 'jumps' to another perspective than the intended for a brief moment. Wasn't there before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,347 posts

- Warspite superstructure hitbox being offset incorrectly isn't in the known issues. I reported this a year ago. Pictured below.

- Your 'fix' for the camera not resuming the previous zoom level set for guns after switching to torpeodes and back has been to always force it to zoom out fully every time. This is an improvement in my opinion but doesn't actually rectify the issue.

 

The following previously reported camera bugs don't appear to have been been acknowledged:

- Occasional 180 turn when releasing free look.

- Free look position not matching standard position on various ships.

 

5b5a00ff37c3a_worldofwarships2018-07-2618-11-32-50.png.a7ea8a4835572439974d615cb920e0a3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Weekend Tester
212 posts
11,214 battles

Just after finishing a battle, the post-battle stats report don't appear, just going from finished battle to port.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ITA-A]
Players
193 posts
22,167 battles

In my Home PC i cant open game anymore

When game enter in port screen, it crash

I repeat several times, i closed all other process, but it seem need more RAM

I have only 4 GB. It was enough till today. I need more now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
16 posts
4,054 battles

Double Game Crash 15 seconds before battle (already loaded); only way out restart of PC, after 2 seconds again Game crash and pinked after this Game. No error warning. (Minimap turned full red at the first crash; Ship Roon)

 

Additional Crash, this Time with error warning. Very likely due to update errors, feel free to delete this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
555 posts
2,078 battles

Is there a bug with CV attack squadrons not performing attack animation when near an island ? I was just dropped by 2 torp squads that I was observing so I know when the attack comes and which direction so I can evade ... they just flew overhead and I thought ok, CV is going for the other side when suddenly there were torps in the water from the direction the flew over me ... there was no usual "planes drop towards water" animation .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,347 posts

Mikasa doesn't have submerged torpedo tubes. Other low tier premiums Aurora, Diana, Varyag, Konig Albert and Albany all have tubes. May also be an error that Ishizuchi also lacks any. Ships of the Kongo class, which she is a prototype of, were built with four tubes on each side, but I don't know if the original 12" gun design lacked these.

Edited by StringWitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
47 posts
17,323 battles

resolve:

- "Main battery traverse speed was increased from 2.5 to 3.0 deg/s for a more comfortable gameplay experience."

 

As a subjective feeling I did not see great improvements in "comfort", then I checked the data and doing some calculations the new traverse speed of the Yamato guns post update is only 2.6 deg/s and not 3.0 deg/s.

 

 

 

- "Gnevny and Minsk: Main turret traverse speed was increased from 6.0 to 9.7 deg/s"


Also, (this is not a bug, but it's an oversight), because the ridiculous traverse speed of the Anshan has not been changed as was done with the Gnevny, considering that Ashan is practically the premium version (and therefore enhanced) of the Gnevny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,505 posts
6,359 battles
2 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

- "Main battery traverse speed was increased from 2.5 to 3.0 deg/s for a more comfortable gameplay experience."

 

As a subjective feeling I did not see great improvements in "comfort", then I checked the data and doing some calculations the new traverse speed of the Yamato guns post update is only 2.6 deg/s and not 3.0 deg/s.

Apparently the EM from your captain is added after the multiplications of modules not before, hence your 3*0.87+1=3.6°

Question on that is - is this how it's supposed to work, or is the formula bugged?

 

Discussion on that is here:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[P-ITA]
Players
475 posts

Problem: Constantly kicked out from Server at the end of a Battle or going to Port after killed.

from 01 UTC until now.

And if the Battle was still going on, impossible to login again!

 

See pict:

2018-07-27_01h38_58.thumb.jpg.c99f0c2e9000822cfc2d16aa77f743e9.jpg2018-07-27_01h37_10.thumb.jpg.481ff7d66a42ec238f2268735ac73977.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
248 posts
12,392 battles

1. Description: Go Navy Mission information missing or not working or incorrectly explained

 

 
2. Reproduction steps

Play the game according to the rules of Go Navy

 
3. Result

When a round starts we get no information on what tasks we should complete to be able to get points/score

But when the round ends we just see if we managed or failed, without knowing what we should have done.

 
4. Expected result

Would like to know at the beginning or constantly during the whole match what tasks I should complete.

 

 

5. Technical info

I am guessing that you don't get a special task every round.

But that detail seems to be missing so everyone wonders why they don't see any info most of the time.

 

 

I have gotten 2 special tasks over 10 rounds.

So I guess the bug report is related to bad info

 

/Me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PK11]
Beta Tester
423 posts
9,196 battles
On 7/26/2018 at 8:21 PM, StringWitch said:

The following previously reported camera bugs don't appear to have been been acknowledged:

- Occasional 180 turn when releasing free look.

 

Supposedly since version 0.5.x. This bug is so old... and apparently hard to reproduce for WG.

 

On 7/27/2018 at 12:01 AM, StringWitch said:

Mikasa doesn't have submerged torpedo tubes. Other low tier premiums Aurora, Diana, Varyag, Konig Albert and Albany all have tubes. May also be an error that Ishizuchi also lacks any. Ships of the Kongo class, which she is a prototype of, were built with four tubes on each side, but I don't know if the original 12" gun design lacked these.

Some other BBs had torpedo tubes in reality but don't have any in the game. It is not a bug but a design (balance) feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
5,819 posts
Vor 5 Stunden, Rowboat_Cop sagte:

But when the round ends we just see if we managed or failed, without knowing what we should have done.

use the "TAB" key at the beginning of (or during) the match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PK11]
Beta Tester
423 posts
9,196 battles

1. Description

After collecting a container message "transaction error" is displayed; UI does not respond to mouse clicks anymore. Restart of game necessary.

 
2. Reproduction steps

a) Get enough XP to be granted a daily container

b) go to "Collect Container" screen, click on button "Collect Container".

 
3. Result

In lower right corner a notification message is displayed "Transaction error",

UI does not accept any mouse inputs anymore => no chance to leave the screen

 
4. Expected result

To joyfully receive a container.

 

5. Technical details

Happened on 1st container of the day today (27-Jul, around 10:30)

python.7z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles
17 hours ago, StringWitch said:

- Warspite superstructure hitbox being offset incorrectly isn't in the known issues. I reported this a year ago. Pictured below.

- Your 'fix' for the camera not resuming the previous zoom level set for guns after switching to torpeodes and back has been to always force it to zoom out fully every time. This is an improvement in my opinion but doesn't actually rectify the issue.

 

The following previously reported camera bugs don't appear to have been been acknowledged:

- Occasional 180 turn when releasing free look.

- Free look position not matching standard position on various ships.

 

5b5a00ff37c3a_worldofwarships2018-07-2618-11-32-50.png.a7ea8a4835572439974d615cb920e0a3.png

 

Could you please submit a more detailed report regarding the camera bugs, ideally with video footage? Then I can bump them up

 

16 hours ago, OOAndreasOO said:

In my Home PC i cant open game anymore

When game enter in port screen, it crash

I repeat several times, i closed all other process, but it seem need more RAM

I have only 4 GB. It was enough till today. I need more now?

 

15 hours ago, FrissOderStirb said:

Double Game Crash 15 seconds before battle (already loaded); only way out restart of PC, after 2 seconds again Game crash and pinked after this Game. No error warning. (Minimap turned full red at the first crash; Ship Roon)

 

Additional Crash, this Time with error warning. Very likely due to update errors, feel free to delete this post.

 

Please contact custumer support with a WGCheck report if you are still experiencing crashes. https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10248/ 

 

10 hours ago, RedAnark said:

Problem: Constantly kicked out from Server at the end of a Battle or going to Port after killed.

from 01 UTC until now.

And if the Battle was still going on, impossible to login again!

 

See pict:

2018-07-27_01h38_58.thumb.jpg.c99f0c2e9000822cfc2d16aa77f743e9.jpg2018-07-27_01h37_10.thumb.jpg.481ff7d66a42ec238f2268735ac73977.jpg

 

 

We had an unscheduled restart last night, my apologies.

 

7 hours ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

1. Description: Go Navy Mission information missing or not working or incorrectly explained

 

 
2. Reproduction steps

Play the game according to the rules of Go Navy

 
3. Result

When a round starts we get no information on what tasks we should complete to be able to get points/score

But when the round ends we just see if we managed or failed, without knowing what we should have done.

 
4. Expected result

Would like to know at the beginning or constantly during the whole match what tasks I should complete.

 

 

5. Technical info

I am guessing that you don't get a special task every round.

But that detail seems to be missing so everyone wonders why they don't see any info most of the time.

 

 

I have gotten 2 special tasks over 10 rounds.

So I guess the bug report is related to bad info

 

/Me

 

You will not get missions in every battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

My two previously reported bugs are still in the game:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Armor Scheme BUFFALO

The game model and the armor model glitches or differs in the bow section.

Spoiler

shot-18_07.21_12_04.01-0875.thumb.jpg.ea3614f7348e8c60079c1cec377bedc0.jpg

 

 

Shooting Indicator ISHIZUCHI

The center indicators for all five main guns are all aligned and green. Despite this you can only shot with four of your five main guns. In the game model all turrets facing the same direction and one would assume that you could fire all five. But one - the center turret - is grayed out (see at the bottom at the reload indicator) and will not fire. This is clearly a display bug. 

Spoiler

shot-18_07.13_21_08.29-0007.thumb.jpg.fa200919c7f8c00a6862138a2c29031e.jpg

 

shot-18_07.13_21_09.53-0479.thumb.jpg.48df9ac1a227d51f1cd2d1b190bde410.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,347 posts
11 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Some other BBs had torpedo tubes in reality but don't have any in the game. It is not a bug but a design (balance) feature.

They aren't usable, yes. However WG do put the nonfunctional tubes on the visual models for premium ships which had them IRL, purely as a cosmetic detail, but among these Mikasa is missing hers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
3,735 posts
10,329 battles
1 hour ago, StringWitch said:

They aren't usable, yes. However WG do put the nonfunctional tubes on the visual models for premium ships which had them IRL, purely as a cosmetic detail, but among these Mikasa is missing hers.

 

Because Mikasa is just a T2 "BB" and not worth the effort? :Smile_child:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[P-ITA]
Players
475 posts
12 hours ago, MrConway said:

 

We had an unscheduled restart last night, my apologies.

 

Txs for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[P-ITA]
Players
475 posts

When an additional Task in present in a Battle, an annoying TAB graphic (see pict) appears underneath the center of the screen and it seems no way to toggle it out, as far as I know.

Can you pls take it way, as I think everybody knows that pressing TAB you get Team listing, Division and so on?

 

Thank you!

2018-07-28_00h46_51(1).thumb.jpg.1155d7937e2cd64e3e8edfc9d38427cc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
248 posts
12,392 battles
24 minutes ago, RedAnark said:

When an additional Task in present in a Battle, an annoying TAB graphic (see pict) appears underneath the center of the screen and it seems no way to toggle it out, as far as I know.

Can you pls take it way, as I think everybody knows that pressing TAB you get Team listing, Division and so on?

 

Thank you!

2018-07-28_00h46_51(1).thumb.jpg.1155d7937e2cd64e3e8edfc9d38427cc.jpg

I prefer it to stay that way, or moved but not removed.

I could even imagine a little permanent indicator somewhere on the screen so I dont have to switch from team view to mission view all the time when pressing tab.

 

/Me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,347 posts
1 hour ago, Zemeritt said:

 

Because Mikasa is just a T2 "BB" and not worth the effort? :Smile_child:

All the other ships featuring this detail are T2/3, so no. The devs are proud of their ship models and constantly fix even the smallest things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×